What piece of clothing is motivating you?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Shinokama wrote: »
    I bought the cutest maroon cardigan with little skulls on it. It only came in a smaller size than I comfortably wear, so it's officially motivation for me to lose some weight.

That sounds extremely cute. I wear skull earrings every day.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My Salmon colored corduroy OP shorts from the 80's. Yea, when shorts were actually short! Don't worry I won't wear them in public, for long!
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to wear booty shorts! Plus my size 10 jeans that I love. Also hope to wear my first ever bikini.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    A two piece bathing suit that has yet to be purchased. I don't know the color or the pattern. I just know it's gonna be VERY SKIMPY!!!
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I saw a blue dress in a catalog that I fell in love with. So I bought it. In a "10" I wasn't a 10 at the time. It fits now. I have nowhere to wear it. BUT I am hoping that my won will get married in the next couple years. IF he does, then THAT will be the dress I'll wear to his wedding. SO I need to continue to fit into that dress. And I do. IF he ever knew I had this dress with that intent ... he would KILL me !!!
  • astrose00
    Options
    Got into the size 10 jeans yesterday. On to the 8's! But I'm really working towards feeling comfortable in my ski clothes when we go skiing in March. I bought most of my ski clothes when I was a size 8 but everything is stretchy so I was able to squish into it all when a 10 and close to a 12. But more than fitting the ski clothes, I want to really enjoy being in shape and fit for this ski trip. And it's hard to lie about your weight when you are getting fitted for your boots and bindings. Unless you have a death wish you can't lie about that and get fitted properly.

hehehe, this was funny
  • astrose00
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    My favorite jeans. I can still wear them. As long as I'm willing to give up some quality of life habits like bending and breathing.

Breathing and blood circulation are both so overrated!
  • rocknrollfire
    rocknrollfire Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i have two vintage sundresses i love more than anything but they just won't zip up anymore, and haven't for years. time to change that!
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My wedding dress. I weighed 185ish when we got married, and I want to put the dress on for our anniversary in July. 23 pounds to lose between now & then. It's an intermediate goal, but a good one!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    A belt. Specifically 2016 Thai Boxing Association B-class lightweight belt :)
  • judylatin
    judylatin Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This purple Lyra/polyester bandage wrap dress which shows every roll of back and stomach flab (when I tried it on). Even when I hold in my abs, there is still the lower belly pooch. It is a size large but fits more like a medium/small. I currently fit mostly clothing in size 12,sometimes 10 if the fabric has more give.
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This outfit.

My best friend's wedding is in less than a year, and this is the uniform for the bachelorette party, which is in August.

God help me.
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Crop tops, I want to be a mom in a crop top.
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have two belts that I use as motivators - one is too small - can't wear it yet. The other is a belt that I wore before I started my journey. Over the past 3.5 months, I have added two new holes because it was too big even on the last hole. I think I may have to add one more hole before I can comfortably wear the other belt using the first hole on it - then, I'll track progress on how often I have to pull it one hole tighter.
  • arashikuro
    arashikuro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine are my college graduation gown ordered at a real size. (In high school I had to sew two of the largest they had together to make it fit.) A bright orange and red cut-out-back competition swim suit I bought in a size 40 and could never wear. And a slinky mermaid cut red dress in a size 14 or under on a date with my boyfriend (right now I'm size 20). And high heels, right now I'm just to heavy to wear them safely.
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I actually beat my first goal. Years back when I was smaller I splurged on very expensive Joe Jeans. I kept those jeans and told myself I would one day get back into them. I did for awhile and now they are several sizes to big. My new goal is to hopefully get to a size 4 and buy a cute swimsuit for this summer and look and feel good. No bikinis for me I have a stomach pooch that doesn't seem to want to disappear...
  • abrazil65
    Options
    Nothing...if that can be counted as a piece of clothing :D
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    A t-shirt that was given to me by a girlfriend's mother, after her trip to Hawaii. Back when I was in my 20's. Neither of them are with us anymore, so it would be nice to wear it and remember them. It is also a relic from the past, it is size medium, now I'm wearing size small and still want to lose weight.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Crop tops, I want to be a mom in a crop top.

I love seeing women in crop tops. I'm very pleased that they've come back into fashion, it's been 15 long years.
  • whatava
    whatava Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    jean shorts!!!! they make them so short these days and as of now i'm super uncomfortable wearing them!