Any specific food with good protein on it?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Fish, and Lentils are great.

Red meat great a couple times a week and chicken is very versatile and easy to flavor
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    you don't need dead flesh in your guts that will make you constipated for days

Tell that to the 4 or so dumps i take a day :) i eat around 500g of meat a day in the way of beef fish and chicken.

Get at least 30g of fiber in and no dramas

• ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is the best bang for your buck. Meats, cheeses has it to. But when you want a fast protein boost, no cooking with little calories you cant beat the Greek.
  • slvoscar
    slvoscar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok ill try the meat and the yogurt thanks
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Breakfast can be hard, here is one tasty suggestion I think everyone should try:

The "perfect" breakfast:

1 serving original oatmeal
    1/2 scoop Whey protein (vanilla)
    3/4 serving natural peanut butter
    6 ozs 1% milk.

If you want to add a treat, just add chocolate chips.....

The peanut butter makes it SO good, and the vanilla flavored whey is barely noticeable outside the sweetness it adds.
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is cottage cheese. Put it one a salad, eat it with pineapple, have it with crackers. It packs a ton of protein!
  • DavesGoal185
    DavesGoal185 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has 12 grams of protein per serving!

Good Greek yogurt has 22 grams per serving
  • imadandylion
    imadandylion Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lentils!
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with salsa or with peanut butter
  • machojoey0121
    machojoey0121 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On a good day I do ok but I always go over on the sodium and carbs! I lost 15 lbs and don't know how but now trying to maintain weight and gain muscle! So far so good and I have found that I can eat up to 4000 once a week and not go over my weight of 200 lbs. everything they have mentioned is good. I love to eat greek yogurt and mix 1/2 cup of Nature Valley Granola in it! That's twice the protein in one snack or breakfast! I use a lot of ground turkey in pasta sauce, burgers with bread crumbs and onion soup mix.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    My staples..

Greek yogurt
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Cheese (especially ricotta, it's my favorite right now)
    Tuna
    Milk
    Ground Turkey

Designer Whey
    Quest Bars

I used to eat a bit of deli meat, but I have to keep my sodium low or I retain water like mad.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    add Chia seeds to anything.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    soy cubes ( 53 gr of protein per 100 gr),chickpeas,tofu,nuts,grains,pasta,plain oatmeal, you don't need dead flesh in your guts that will make you constipated for days

giphy.gif
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Fage greek yogurt 0% has 17 g of protein for 3/4 of a cup. I throw in some frozen fruit, and something to sweeten it just a little, very good, quick and easy.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    soy cubes ( 53 gr of protein per 100 gr),chickpeas,tofu,nuts,grains,pasta,plain oatmeal, you don't need dead flesh in your guts that will make you constipated for days
    OP is looking for protein, not carbs ;)

Greek yogurt and cheesesticks are good protein snacks while on a cut. 50kcal and 7g protein for the cheesesticks and 80kcal with 12g protein for the yogurt (dannon lite & fit).
    Whey is your friend while on a cut too. The one I have is 24g protein and 130kcal.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Meat, eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes and bars.