Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.
    nellysen wrote: »
    Me too!!!!!! In fact it pisses me off. I think it is because I just WISH that the hunt fr the perfect jeans on a perfect body was my biggest issue. Maybe it is jealousy? But either way.... I feel the same!

This is just damn sad. SMH :noway:

I don't see it... It does annoy me when I see girls that look fantastic complain that their clothes make them look fat. Although I guess now I just feel sad for them because they don't realize how great they look, and they'll look back one day and realize that they were wasting too much energy on something that wasn't even true and wish they could look that way again lol.

I totally fail to see how that is body shaming, like some people mentioned above... Being jealous of someone's body is shaming them? How?

For not washing clothes after working out, some people just don't sweat much. I'm always sweating like crazy at the gym but I see people running in SWEATERS next to me and they seem just fine. So *shrug*.

Of course you don't. *nod* *shrug*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.
    nellysen wrote: »
    Me too!!!!!! In fact it pisses me off. I think it is because I just WISH that the hunt fr the perfect jeans on a perfect body was my biggest issue. Maybe it is jealousy? But either way.... I feel the same!

This is just damn sad. SMH :noway:

I don't see it... It does annoy me when I see girls that look fantastic complain that their clothes make them look fat. Although I guess now I just feel sad for them because they don't realize how great they look, and they'll look back one day and realize that they were wasting too much energy on something that wasn't even true and wish they could look that way again lol.

I totally fail to see how that is body shaming, like some people mentioned above... Being jealous of someone's body is shaming them? How?

For not washing clothes after working out, some people just don't sweat much. I'm always sweating like crazy at the gym but I see people running in SWEATERS next to me and they seem just fine. So *shrug*.

Of course you don't. *nod* *shrug*

You know, the thread title asked for no judgement, and that's pretty much all you've contributed.

Yup.

And I guess I'm a horrible person because I completely fail to see how we're shaming someone when we're jealous of them.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

2) I really only partake in cocktails once per week, but when I do I tend to hit it a bit hard. I often wonder if that makes me a functional alcoholic.

3) I am not sure I will ever be truly happy with my body/how I look no matter what. I can always find room for a lot of improvement. I am not sure if that is a good, motivational thing or a self-deprecating thing.

• Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    edited February 2015
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)
  • lucysky311
    lucysky311 Posts: 1 Member
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

• 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Since renewing my weight loss journey I've started smoking again and drinking a lot more :( helps me stay in my calorie target and stops me feeling deprived. Also my calorie goal is too low and I know it.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Next time, try adding a tiny bit of water or milk to make like a paste/syrup.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I ate 4.5 cookies in Friday, even though I meant to only have 1 or 2, but they were delicious.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I did some cardio for a bit of padding for super bowl snacks, but I ate like 4 pieces of pizza and a whiskey last night. Padding demolished.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Ooci wrote: »
    Losing 40lb has done crazy things to my sex drive and my behaviour around handsome men. Can't go into details, but if there were a hell I'd burn!

Prepare for the flood of personal messages and unsolicited pictures of male anatomy.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    Questions (not judgement of course):

1) do you mean you don't change out of those workout clothes for days or are you "airing" things out like some of these other ladies?

2) For the ladies airing stuff out would it be just as easy to take those clothes in the bathroom+when you shower and leave them in a sink full of water and Woolite while you shower and the drain the sink while you dress and then hang them to dry for the same lenght of time they would have "aired out"?...without really costing you any more time if thats the issue?

3) Is it the scented trash bag, and what do you do with the yellow drawstring tie it at your waist like sweats?

4) What is the difference between, judgement, curiosity, "nosy" -ness, and concern?

I put my workout clothes on hooks in my bedroom to air them out. Hand washing & wringing seems like wayyyyy too much work lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    Questions (not judgement of course):

1) do you mean you don't change out of those workout clothes for days or are you "airing" things out like some of these other ladies?

2) For the ladies airing stuff out would it be just as easy to take those clothes in the bathroom+when you shower and leave them in a sink full of water and Woolite while you shower and the drain the sink while you dress and then hang them to dry for the same lenght of time they would have "aired out"?...without really costing you any more time if thats the issue?

3) Is it the scented trash bag, and what do you do with the yellow drawstring tie it at your waist like sweats?

4) What is the difference between, judgement, curiosity, "nosy" -ness, and concern?

I put my workout clothes on hooks in my bedroom to air them out. Hand washing & wringing seems like wayyyyy too much work lol

Ya. I handwash mine eventually. I don't have a washer and dryer and my apartment is never warmer than 65 so the clothes don't dry in time to take to work in the morning. My stuff gets worn a few times. I don't really do cardio though so minimal sweat. You have to be careful of tinea when you rewear clothes but...yeah. I'm not going to get too into detail ha.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Next time, try adding a tiny bit of water or milk to make like a paste/syrup.

Or mix the powder into peanut butter!
  • bizarrefish
    bizarrefish Posts: 41 Member
    I first lost weight (age 16) using nothing but determination with cardio for an hour, every other day, completely oblivious to the health issues associated with what I was doing. My protein intake would have been *kitten*, and it showed; I ended up skinny-fat to a large extent.

I maintained weight since then until the age of 21 by coming to terms with being perpetually hungry, making a habit of it, and also long-distance running a lot. (I suffered from shin-splints repeatedly)

At 21 I discovered nutrition science and it turns out a ketogenic diet was just the thing for me, and all that stupid deprivation finally ended.

Lose weight smart, people; look after yourselves and don't lose lean mass!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    confession, I judge people big time for spelling "lose" as "loose."

Confession: I constantly edit my posts for spelling and grammar errors, and sometimes they still get through!

• bethnewey
    bethnewey Posts: 62 Member
    When I feel like binging I smell the vegemite jar, Its so disgusting it makes me feel sick and then I dont feel like binging anymore (for about 10 minutes, this method sucks but i still do it lol)
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member

I'm with you. We can be stinky together. But I only have one shirt and bra that can keep my ladies from bouncing everywhere. :o
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Confessions..
    -Sometimes I spend more time dancing and posing in the mirror than actually working out (my gym is at home)
    -I don't log all my food, especially alcohol
    -I am a perfectionist and I know I will never be 100% satisfied with my body which makes me sad