Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I listen to Let It Go (sometimes) while I run.
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't own a body scale. I found myself getting depressed and anxious, and it gave my jerkbrain an opportunity to trash myself. I also don't have a body mirror; I feel like this contributed to me not noticing a lot of my weight gain :( but even if it's a good idea to have them, I have such low esteem towards my body right now that I don't know if I should get them...

In addition, I work in a deli and sometimes I take a bite of meat or something and forget to post it. It's not that I'm TRYING to cheat, but when you eat something that is .04 of a pound, it's hard to figure out the amt xD

Last but not least, I can't help but get upset whenever I see a poster slamming someone for being "skinny fat". It's one thing for a poster to call themselves that or describe their body, it's another to be like "if you aren't tight ,you aren't attractive, don't be that way". Forget that! You can be absolutely gorgeous, and also healthy, without being an athlete. It's totally fine to be athletic, but to assume everyone should be investing enough time in fitness for it to be an actual hobby versus an effort to stay healthy seems overkill to me. Not everyone actually has the time to go beyond basic fitness, and that's ok.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

That's nothing. I lip synch and quasi dance while on the eliptical. Anything to keep my mind off the fact that I still have x minutes to go. I'm sure my 6'4" 280 lb self looks quite manly singing Aung dancing to such classics as lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.

(btw I actually have decent musical taste outside the gym. I just find my usual indie fare lacks some motivational punch on the cardio equipment.)
  • FitForMaddy
    FitForMaddy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't own a body scale. I found myself getting depressed and anxious, and it gave my jerkbrain an opportunity to trash myself. I also don't have a body mirror; I feel like this contributed to me not noticing a lot of my weight gain :( but even if it's a good idea to have them, I have such low esteem towards my body right now that I don't know if I should get them...

In addition, I work in a deli and sometimes I take a bite of meat or something and forget to post it. It's not that I'm TRYING to cheat, but when you eat something that is .04 of a pound, it's hard to figure out the amt xD

Last but not least, I can't help but get upset whenever I see a poster slamming someone for being "skinny fat". It's one thing for a poster to call themselves that or describe their body, it's another to be like "if you aren't tight ,you aren't attractive, don't be that way". Forget that! You can be absolutely gorgeous, and also healthy, without being an athlete. It's totally fine to be athletic, but to assume everyone should be investing enough time in fitness for it to be an actual hobby versus an effort to stay healthy seems overkill to me. Not everyone actually has the time to go beyond basic fitness, and that's ok.

*Claps hands* THANK YOU <3

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

That's nothing. I lip synch and quasi dance while on the eliptical. Anything to keep my mind off the fact that I still have x minutes to go. I'm sure my 6'4" 280 lb self looks quite manly singing Aung dancing to such classics as lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.

(btw I actually have decent musical taste outside the gym. I just find my usual indie fare lacks some motivational punch on the cardio equipment.)

I lip sync too. People at the gym must think I am nuts.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Last but not least, I can't help but get upset whenever I see a poster slamming someone for being "skinny fat". It's one thing for a poster to call themselves that or describe their body, it's another to be like -"if you aren't tight ,you aren't attractive, don't be that way". Forget that! You can be absolutely gorgeous, and also healthy, without being an athlete. It's totally fine to be athletic, but to assume everyone should be investing enough time in fitness for it to be an actual hobby versus an effort to stay healthy seems overkill to me. Not everyone actually has the time to go beyond basic fitness, and that's ok.

Are you sure thats this website? Because I think there are other websites where ppl feel that way. What other websites do you go on?
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options

I lip synch and dance with my hands, fingers, arms while on the treadmill while watching dance bids. I also walk from side to side on the treadmill to my music.

I am not ashamed.

• cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I once bought a packet of millies chocolate chip cookies with my regular shop, on the walk home i thought id have one or two, ten minutes laters the packet was nearly gone.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    score45609 wrote: »
    Does it actually work? Wrapping yourself?
    No.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    I feel sexy in my Lycra cycling kit. Wife sez she is leaving me if I shave my legs though so at least there is a limit to my sezy metro man proclivitys.

Does nair count? cackling!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I lip sync too. People at the gym must think I am nuts.

I lip sync three. To what's playing on my play list. Over my ear phones. I might even wiggle my hips a bit.

• ladams489
    ladams489 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Before I start any diet I eat all the peanut butter in the house (normally straight out of the jar with a spoon) , I couldn't bring myself to throw it away! :)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Although it's been forever since I've done it, I like to eat Pillsbury crescent rolls uncooked or partly cooked. I'll get a package of them, eat a couple of them raw, and then roll the rest of them up, stick them in the oven, and then turn it on. After leaving them in the oven for 8 minutes, they are still doughy, with a light crust on them. They get warm and gooey! I will eat the entire package in one setting.
  • Annanna91
    Annanna91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My friends and family assume that my body is muscley and defined from my healthy eating and working out, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm skinny fat and I've ruined my body from gaining too much weight after I left school. I have stretch marks all over my stomach and hips and it makes me feel so self conscious.

It saddens me to know that my 16/17yr old self ruined my body and has held me back from wearing things which I am now capable of, like bikinis and crop tops.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Kontxesi wrote: »
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

We use a box mix and just add water. It HAS to be the kind that has chocolate chunks in it. The batter is split 3 ways but I always hate myself after eating it.

There definitely is a certain something that seems to be lacking in the homemade stuff.... It's a... tangy-ness in the box mix that I miss. But the different taste makes me not eat quite as much, so that's good.

I always loved the Ghirardelli mixes. Once I had those, nothing else was worth it.

We ONLY use the Ghirardelli mixes, too. I guess we're both brownie batter snobs.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

We use a box mix and just add water. It HAS to be the kind that has chocolate chunks in it. The batter is split 3 ways but I always hate myself after eating it.

There definitely is a certain something that seems to be lacking in the homemade stuff.... It's a... tangy-ness in the box mix that I miss. But the different taste makes me not eat quite as much, so that's good.

I always loved the Ghirardelli mixes. Once I had those, nothing else was worth it.

We ONLY use the Ghirardelli mixes, too. I guess we're both brownie batter snobs.

I'll be brownie batter snobs with you guys b/c Ghirardelli is where it is at. Once I tried those, I've never looked back.
  • Lorri229
    Lorri229 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Annanna91 wrote: »
    My friends and family assume that my body is muscley and defined from my healthy eating and working out, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm skinny fat and I've ruined my body from gaining too much weight after I left school. I have stretch marks all over my stomach and hips and it makes me feel so self conscious.

It saddens me to know that my 16/17yr old self ruined my body and has held me back from wearing things which I am now capable of, like bikinis and crop tops.

Wear them anyway. You have not ruined your body, it just has a little wear on it like EVERYONE else on the planet. You worked hard to get where you are and should show it off!! Most people are WAY too hard on themselves, and I bet you that you are the only one that would even notice those stretch marks.
  • 22me
    22me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lied in bed researching diet plans and exercise routines umpteen times but have never worked out for more than three days when I eventually start.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Two Saturdays ago I ate the following:
    - 2/3 of a package of Nickles maple rolls (4 or 5 servings?)
    - 7 pieces of bacon
    - quarter pounder
    - fries
    - 3 steak tacos with guacamole and sour cream
    - chips and salsa
    - margarita
    - large chocolate peanut butter sundae from DQ

Plus, I think I ate a package of dark chocolate covered dried fruit. I don't remember eating it but haven't been able to locate it since that day. I gained 4 lbs. from that carb/sodium fiasco and just got back to regular weight yesterday. That's the only big binge I've ever had like that and I can't imagine I'll repeat it.

I carry a lot of weight in my stomach and have attempted to prop it on the bathroom counter to estimate what I'd weigh without it.I kind of want to change my avi to something more anonymous after admitting that.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    confession, I judge people big time for spelling "lose" as "loose."

Goodness yes! There are a lot of people around here who need to learn the difference between advise (verb) and advice (noun) too.