Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I give good advice on weight loss, (I think) and then follow very little of it :D
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    confession, I judge people big time for spelling "lose" as "loose."

Goodness yes! There are a lot of people around here who need to learn the difference between advise (verb) and advice (noun) too.

Every time I see it I want sooo much to correct the person, I would say 95% of the time I restrain myself. I don't want to be that person, but I am that person.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Forget about advise/advice... how many times per day must we read that somebody is struggling to LOOSE weight?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Lose/loose no longer bugs me. I just like to visualize the fat being released, loose the Kraken style.

This is the one I am tempted to correct: "My body fat is 25%. I want to lose 10% and get to 15%" No, that would mean you want to lose 40% of your body fat.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Lose/loose no longer bugs me. I just like to visualize the fat being released, loose the Kraken style.

I picture a yellow bird on a string getting loose and flying away in the sunshine. The yellow bird of fatness?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I sometimes sit on a yoga ball and bounce up and down to get more steps. It's not *really* cheating because it takes quite a bit of movement up and down to get the Fitbit to read it as a step. It's pretty good for the abs and upper legs.

I am in a Fitbit death-match with my 72-year-old father. My confession is that, most weeks, he beats me! It's pretty ridiculous as I am very active. He is retired and has tons of time to go hiking and play around in his peddle kayak. NOT FAIR!
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone walk DVD's, but only with the sound off. Her positive attitude jumps on my last nerve.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options

Last but not least, I can't help but get upset whenever I see a poster slamming someone for being "skinny fat". It's one thing for a poster to call themselves that or describe their body, it's another to be like "if you aren't tight ,you aren't attractive, don't be that way". Forget that! You can be absolutely gorgeous, and also healthy, without being an athlete. It's totally fine to be athletic, but to assume everyone should be investing enough time in fitness for it to be an actual hobby versus an effort to stay healthy seems overkill to me. Not everyone actually has the time to go beyond basic fitness, and that's ok.

(*) (*) (*)
  • lise_mac
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

I do the same thing! Doesn't matter if it's the middle of summer and hottest day on record, that tummys getting tucked in!
  • _tigerblood_
    _tigerblood_ Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I log things like stretching and let myself eat back all the calories even though I know the calorie burns from MFP are ridiculous. That's for days I need a little extra flexibility, e.g. if I've gone out and had a drink or two.

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.
    I like this. I think I will steal it. For when I get the munchies.
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Some diet truths to live by:

If you eat something fattening with something healthy of the same color, the second cancels the first; i.e. circus peanuts with carrots or a green frosted cupcake with broccoli or pepperoni pizza with an apple.

The calories have fallen out of broken cookies.

Anything eaten with diet pop has zero calories.

Anything eaten in a good cause has zero calories. Hello GS cookies.

Anything bought on sale after its special day has zero calories. Cadbury eggs after Easter, chocolate covered marshmallow hearts after Valentine's Day, kid size candy bars after Halloween. Negative calories if you're at WalMart at midnight ready to stock up as soon as the 50% off sign is posted.

• mfletcher2013
    mfletcher2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can eat as much as my husband, who is 100 pds heavier than me and 5 inches taller than me. When we get finished with dinner and he says he is full.... I think, I could go for a second plate. *sigh* still working on portion control :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Also, my confession is that while I laugh at the "sugar addiction" threads, I too am addicted. I typically snort the easier stuff like powdered sugar or dextrose. But when I am desperate I have been known to reach the depths of snorting pixie stix. Once I even did some stevia. Never again.

I am not ashamed.

Then when you log your booogars, aren't you logging the cals twice? :s

Confession #2: I don't log my booger ingestion.

I'm sorry but I have to be honest here... I'm feeling a bit judgmental here on Confession #2. :anguished:

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I sometimes sit on a yoga ball and bounce up and down to get more steps. It's not *really* cheating because it takes quite a bit of movement up and down to get the Fitbit to read it as a step. It's pretty good for the abs and upper legs.

This is amazing. I want to be you.

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :( jealousy confession !! i still can forget about the lady that wrote a post not so long ago and she said she spend $300/weekly :'( i just i just wishhhh
  • assateaguegirl
    Options
    I am as addicted to Diet Coke as others are to nicotine and other substances. It's bad. I keep going on and off the wagon.
  • karyabc
    Options
    another jealousy confession! i seriously envy my Americans people here, you get so much food variety (*) , like greek yogurt? almond milk? blueberrys? eggwhites ready to go? ,etc yeahhh nooo that is pure lux where i live and who the hell is trader's joe hahahahhaaha i swear when i go back to the US i'm going to try many things that people post here
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    :( jealousy confession !! i still can forget about the lady that wrote a post not so long ago and she said she spend $300/weekly :'( i just i just wishhhh

on what? Her groceries weekly? I don't think I saw the post..
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    another jealousy confession! i seriously envy my Americans people here, you get so much food variety (*) , like greek yogurt? almond milk? blueberrys? eggwhites ready to go? ,etc yeahhh nooo that is pure lux where i live and who the hell is trader's joe hahahahhaaha i swear when i go back to the US i'm going to try many things that people post here

This is how I felt for years on here regarding Trader Joe's... then finally our area was on the list of Cities to get a TJ's next. I'd hear all the cool things ppl would find at Trader Joe's and the great prices, variety etc. Then it opened and I've loved going and meeting everyone that works there and all the fun things they sell. Haven't been to Aldi's yet and have hoped we'd get one of those.. we just did.

But you all have the good Cadbury Chocolate.. we have the American version..the bad Cadbury..fake stuff. lol
  • karyabc
    Options

This is how I felt for years on here regarding Trader Joe's... then finally our area was on the list of Cities to get a TJ's next. I'd hear all the cool things ppl would find at Trader Joe's and the great prices, variety etc. Then it opened and I've loved going and meeting everyone that works there and all the fun things they sell. Haven't been to Aldi's yet and have hoped we'd get one of those.. we just did.

But you all have the good Cadbury Chocolate.. we have the American version..the bad Cadbury..fake stuff. lol

oh yes of course Aldi! hahahahaha that's also in my to do/go list when i visit the US B) . congrats on your win Aldi + Tj's = too much awesomeness