Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShiirahTurner
    ShiirahTurner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I do the same thing. If I'm having lunch or dinner and I'm full I will stomp on the rest of my food so I don't over eat lol... Wasteful I know but if it sat there I would have ate it just because it tastes good :/
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

So do I...
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I've done that more often that I'd like to admit. Sometimes I'd put it in a mug, put a splash of milk and turn it into a paste. Yeaaaa....
  • ShiirahTurner
    Options
    My confession: I ate so bad this weekend due to my monthly visit and cravings, I didn't even want to put it in my diary. :s
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I purposefully design all my meals so I can eat large portions for little calories. Despite losing a bajillion pounds, and maintaining the loss, I still need QUANITITY to feel full.

My guests are aghast when they see my big ol' jethro portions. (ie- huge bowls of air popped popcorn, 2 or 3 potatoes with my dinner, mountains of salad... etc)

Also, sometimes, when I am stressed, I still binge eat. Its very comforting to overeat, like wrapping up in a warm blanket.

Each binge session gets farther and farther apart, and I can usually somewhat balance the week to prevent weight gain. Its pretty infrequent now, but still happens sometimes.

All of this applies to me...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    My confession: I ate so bad this weekend due to my monthly visit and cravings, I didn't even want to put it in my diary. :s

It happens to me a lot, especially this month! Seriously, just look at my diary, it's even public ;) Don't feel bad about it! :) I log it because usually the damage isn't quite as bad as I think... And I can calculate how many days it'll take me to make up for it. For example, I'm 1000 calories over maintenance today! It'll take me only three days at my usual deficit to cancel out the damage, even though it seems sooo awful. :)
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I take pride when I do a workout with my SO and I can push myself further then he can.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    After years of hating cameras and mirrors, I now take way too many selfies. To the point where no one takes a better picture of me than I do!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

That makes sense now in light of our conversation about almonds btw. :)

And this morning I just tried to eat a 1/4 cup. Ate a 1/2. You were right. lol
  • davis978
    davis978 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Reneeinvic wrote: »
    This is a weight confession of mine... When my son had to be airlifted to the childrens hospital - the nets team asked me how much I weighed so they had enough fuel to get there... as my son was critical at the time, there was a large group of people surrounding me when the question was asked and everyone was waiting for my answer... I lied - by a lot... the whole flight to the hospital I was having a mental freak out, convinced myself that they didn't have enough fuel and because of my weight the plane was going to go down. I felt terrible, I could've killed 4 people - because in a life and death situation I STILL couldn't be honest about my weight. *shakes my head*

This is so beautiful and poignant. Thank you for sharing. I hope your son is okay.

• arlojwiley
    arlojwiley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The other night, I had enough calories left for either two servings of extra-thin tortilla chips, which would have been filling and satisfying, or a donut from the box of Krispy Kremes we had at the house (not my decision!). I was on my way to get the chips, and without even realizing it, like I was in a fugue state, I pulled out the donut and took a bite. I ate the whole thing and didn't feel great about myself.
  • janellereasoner
    janellereasoner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    KrisAZ000 wrote: »
    I lost my first 30 pounds (before I was tracking on MFP) by manually counting my calories and spending many days hardly eating all day just so I could have multiple servings of ice cream for dessert.

I do this at least once per week! I have to be allowed ice cream :wink:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I have way too many trigger foods to mention here. I don't have my diary public mostly because I don't want to publicly admit when I am over my counts. I cannot leave things like pizza, Nutella or donuts nearby without eating them. I could eat pizza everyday but I don't like veggie pizza. So will order thin crust to cut back on some of the calories.
  • ShiirahTurner
    Options

It happens to me a lot, especially this month! Seriously, just look at my diary, it's even public ;) Don't feel bad about it! :) I log it because usually the damage isn't quite as bad as I think... And I can calculate how many days it'll take me to make up for it. For example, I'm 1000 calories over maintenance today! It'll take me only three days at my usual deficit to cancel out the damage, even though it seems sooo awful. :)

Hmmm, thats so true, sometimes we think its bad but really it might not be as bad.
    There have been plenty of days when I log my food and I have like 1000 calories left over. I love your thought process, I never thought of it that way! Definitely logging everything from now on! Thanks!
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    schelly81 wrote: »
    Confession: I developed an allergy to peanuts about a year ago. Sometimes I fantasize about eating a snickers bar or a box of reese's pieces and taking a Benadryl immediately after, or even using my epi-pen if I get the bad reaction I've been warned is coming. I haven't done it for obvious reasons but I miss peanut butter so much. Chocolate dipped in wowbutter just isn't the same.

Have you ever tried cashew butter? I think some people who can't eat peanut butter can eat cashew or almond butter. I like it better than peanut butter, but it is expensive, and you have to mix up the oil every time you eat. I'm thinking about trying to make some with my spice grinder...Hmm...I wonder if I could roast hazelnuts, toss them in the spice grinder, and mix with a little cocoa powder....Nah, probably wouldn't work...This thread is giving me cravings...
  • phofilled
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

me too!! I workout at home so only my poor child can see/smell me. :blush:
  • liltpot78
    liltpot78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i wanted something sweet so i ate like half a bag of cookies triple chocolate with m &m's
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I refuse to let my husband see me workout. So I do it in another room when he's home (but preferably do it when he's not). And we've been married for almost 12 years...
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    kyta32 wrote: »
    schelly81 wrote: »
    Confession: I developed an allergy to peanuts about a year ago. Sometimes I fantasize about eating a snickers bar or a box of reese's pieces and taking a Benadryl immediately after, or even using my epi-pen if I get the bad reaction I've been warned is coming. I haven't done it for obvious reasons but I miss peanut butter so much. Chocolate dipped in wowbutter just isn't the same.

Have you ever tried cashew butter? I think some people who can't eat peanut butter can eat cashew or almond butter. I like it better than peanut butter, but it is expensive, and you have to mix up the oil every time you eat. I'm thinking about trying to make some with my spice grinder...Hmm...I wonder if I could roast hazelnuts, toss them in the spice grinder, and mix with a little cocoa powder....Nah, probably wouldn't work...This thread is giving me cravings...

You can make hazelnut butter and use it to make homemade nutella. I've made hazelnut butter before, same as anything else, just roast and grind. Not a fan of nutella, but I've seen the recipes online.
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    sssgilber wrote: »
    Some diet truths to live by:

If you eat something fattening with something healthy of the same color, the second cancels the first; i.e. circus peanuts with carrots or a green frosted cupcake with broccoli or pepperoni pizza with an apple.

The calories have fallen out of broken cookies.

Anything eaten with diet pop has zero calories.

Anything eaten in a good cause has zero calories. Hello GS cookies.

Anything bought on sale after its special day has zero calories. Cadbury eggs after Easter, chocolate covered marshmallow hearts after Valentine's Day, kid size candy bars after Halloween. Negative calories if you're at WalMart at midnight ready to stock up as soon as the 50% off sign is posted.

Also, ice cream has no calories because it melts right away when you eat it. :)

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I refuse to let my husband see me workout. So I do it in another room when he's home (but preferably do it when he's not). And we've been married for almost 12 years...

I refuse to let my husband see me workout too. We belong to different gyms!