Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I refuse to let my husband see me workout. So I do it in another room when he's home (but preferably do it when he's not). And we've been married for almost 12 years...

I refuse to let my husband see me workout too. We belong to different gyms!

I'll have to do this as well if I ever have a husband or boyfriend again. I snot and snuffle like an inbred pug when I work out.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

:open_mouth: can I hire you or something lol
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    I refuse to let my husband see me workout. So I do it in another room when he's home (but preferably do it when he's not). And we've been married for almost 12 years...

13 years here and I totally get it. My kids too. They get this smug look of amusement when I'm huffing and puffing. It might totally be in my head, but I ban them from the basement during my workouts.
  • Jolinia
    Sometimes I fantasize about moving to one of the few societies where you aren't considered beautiful unless you're obese. Then I read up on the local cuisine and change my mind. Camel's milk and cake are two entirely different concepts!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    I ate 1.9 million calories last night and 1/2 a bottle of Titos.
  • Jolinia
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

I'm judging. Sort of grinning, but judging!
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

I thought I was OCD till I read this :disagree:
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    I like big sugar and I cannot lie.
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member

Please come to my house;)
  • emartins1975
    emartins1975 Posts: 45 Member

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day

Yeah ... uhhh ... I'm gonna have to go on ahead and judge that one, anyway, mmmm-kay?

dqVTD.gif

Hilarious!
    No judgement on my part!
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I've done this before.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Ooo good topic! I've never told anyone this but I think my dentist guessed it. I constantly fill up my belly with sweets then make myself throw up to get rid of it. It's good that I confessed it here and now I will never do it again. :#

Listen friend, everyone on this website has done something similar - we've all over-indulged at a meal an then spent extra time at the gym, or cut calories back the next day, or done something else to correct a mistake. What you are doing however is dangerous; in fact 4% of people who do this will die because of it.

anad.org/get-information/about-eating-disorders/eating-disorders-statistics/

Please speak to your physician about this.
  • Jolinia
    Ooo good topic! I've never told anyone this but I think my dentist guessed it. I constantly fill up my belly with sweets then make myself throw up to get rid of it. It's good that I confessed it here and now I will never do it again. :#

It's rare but you can die from it, too. A few people have managed to rupture their stomachs.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    So my job can stress me out a bit . . . and we have a tim hortons in my office building. On days where I can feel the stress coming on I mow down - I mean mow down - apple fritters . . . yes plural.

I hate how I feel afterwards but at the time I'm like THISISTHEBESTTHINGIHAVEEVERPUTINMYMOUTH!!!!!!

And then I continue on pretending it never even happened.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    lisaw19855 wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily but don't log it, I accept the fluctuations and usually know why (no poop, too much sodium) but I hate seeing in on my little graph thing.

I weigh daily, but only log Friday morning's weight as the official for the week.
  • crazykatlady_
    crazykatlady_ Posts: 46 Member
    The reason I have my hand like it is in my profile pic is to hide my double chin. :-P
  • acorsaut89
    Also - I put my weight in when I joined MFP and then went through a stressful time personally and gained about 20lbs back. So every time I have lost weight for the past bit, my tracker still hasn't moved because I am not updating it until I'm back to where I started in MFP. So while I'm making pretty good progress, it really looks like I haven't lost anything.
  • acorsaut89

13 years here and I totally get it. My kids too. They get this smug look of amusement when I'm huffing and puffing. It might totally be in my head, but I ban them from the basement during my workouts.

I don't want to see anyone I know when I'm working out. One time, I was using the leg press on the men's side of the gym I go to and I saw a couple of guys I work with coming into the gym. It may not have been the best sets I've ever done, but they were definitely the fastest.

I like to work out alone - or if I know/make friends with people at the gym, I do not know them outside of the gym. It's a weird quirk I have.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

:noway: