Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when people ask for help in forums and have locked diaries. Not that I'd be much help but someone else might. Although, not as in help with recipes or exercise or something because then who cares, but more like whining, "I can't lose weight" type of thing.
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Most days 1500~1800 calories even though my TDEE is 3400. Today 4018 calories and only 2 beers (most of that is pizza hut). Been really depressed today and I guess I've been stress eating.
  • healthyinpink
    healthyinpink Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    mrsmiley32 wrote: »
    Most days 1500~1800 calories even though my TDEE is 3400. Today 4018 calories and only 2 beers (most of that is pizza hut). Been really depressed today and I guess I've been stress eating.

Totally understand. You accepted it and logged it. Now wake up later on, drink some water and start fresh! :smile:
  • wildflowerherbal
    wildflowerherbal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Made me giggle. I've nibbled a jelly cube before now for the same reason
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm just now logging the crap I ate last night after two glasses of wine.
    I was thought I was doing so well but in fact I was 380 over the day's goal. Ouch!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    No kids here. I want to travel. I want to write. I want to have fun.

Kids would either kill, or greatly delay that.

Some people say that's selfish. I figure it's selfish to add more people to an overpopulated planet just because I think I'm supposed to.

People also ask "who's going to take care of you when you're old?"

Well if that's the reason you had kids you are doing it very wrong.

%100 agree. I have one, he's 18, and he's in college. I'm free, and I don't know if I could date a man with small children now. And I certainly don't want mine taking care of me when I'm old. That's what good health is for. I want to live a long healthy life and drop instantly dead while out hiking 20 miles at a ridiculously old age.

Confession: It made me a little sad that I pictured myself doing my ancient last hike all alone, though. Solitude is something you get used to, I guess. It even creeps into your imagination.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that it's making me sad that this confession thread is becoming a children vs no children conversation. Where are all those people who ate all the peanut butter or ate 5000 calories while hiding under the bed or....? :(
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Confession: unless the username or picture clearly indicates the user is a man, I assume every one on MFP is a female. Not sure why this is... I am female so maybe I assume everyone else is too?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I confess that it's making me sad that this confession thread is becoming a children vs no children conversation. Where are all those people who ate all the peanut butter or ate 5000 calories while hiding under the bed or....? :(

Agreed. I had chocolate mousse for dinner last night. Next...
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My father died when I was 4, I have an older half brother who may or may not have known I existed and this past november, when I found out about him, I tried to contact him and he told me flat out he wasn't interested. I still can't fathom how someone wouldn't want to know their blood.

I have 2 half sisters and a half brother all older than me by 10-15 years. all knew I existed, and have rebuffed all attempts at a relationship. I hear glimpses into their lives from time to time. I became a great aunt 2 years ago.

Funny thing is one of my nieces and my daughter look so much alike people have stopped my daughter and called her by her cousin's name. She just looks confused. I decided because of the failed status, my kids no nothing about my half siblings or their kids. It just seemed easier that way.

I feel your pain. It stings. Greatly.

I've never seen my new niece (well I think it's a girl), We used to visit my half brothers and their mum when I was younger but haven't seen them for years. One would come round to drop of the christmas presents but never stay. My dads side of the family are't very close, it's just a communication thing with them.
  • debrag12
    edited February 2015
    Options
    amyh1994 wrote: »
    I've recently started wearing my sports bras in the shower so I can get 3, maybe 4 wears out of them before washing them properly instead of having to handwash twice a week...

So wrong, but feels so right.
    drklib wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    amyh1994 wrote: »
    ... today I took the train for 45 minutes just to get a burrito.

yep.

I can't say I have had a burrito. Not even 100% sure what it is. Like a kebab isn't it?

Where do you live that you have never had a burrito? I am agog at the thought of a burrito-less life.

Not like a kebob--more life a gyro/schwarma with a thinner wrap.

I'm struggling with the thought that there are good burritos in Canada. If it turns out they put gravy on those too I'm going to be so mad.

Confession: My friend told me that sleeping more helps you break a plateau and I've been trying to get more sleep ever since.

I've had decent burritos in Vancouver, BC. No gravy. Not sure about the rest of Canada!

There is so much good Asian food in most of the places I've been in Canada that I haven't gone out of my way to search for Mexican.

As my husband says: Vancouver is the northernmost point of WA (he is a locally bred Washingtonian, and I- being a recent transplant- can't tell if he is BSing me or not..

OH! New confession: My husband had me convinced that sheep aren't in WA because it rains too much and the wool shrinks on the animal... Joke was on him when I woke him up at 3 am and called him a liar. Being from South Florida I know nothing of farm animals... College educated and all and I am farm animal stupid.

I live in Saskatchewan - all prairie - an we do not put gravy on our burritos. Anyone I know only puts gravy on potatoes and french fries. Burritos are for sour cream and salsa.

I'm Albertan and I agree. Gravy is for meat and potatoes, not burritos. Oh, Taco Time, how I miss you sometimes.

Sorry but gravy on burritos - yuck!!! I love gravy though being from 'northern' england and love it on yorkshire puddings, chips, mash, sprouts, cabbage.

Oh and they are so much nicer than a kebab and nothing like them.
  • debrag12
    Options
    Yesterday I took a basic salad to work to have with my chicken. I ended up eating the chicken and buying a salmon sandwich. This was after having a sandwich for my first break. I really need to sort out my eating while at work and salads just don't work without mountains of dressing and def not for a 12.5 hr shift on an admission ward!
  • debrag12
    Options
    KrisAZ000 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My confession for today is that I stress myself out over how other people judge me for being 30, single & childless. Most of it is probably just in my own imagination, but I feel like it's not "acceptable" for me to be 30 and single (with no prospects either). But at the same time for the most part I'm okay with being single and THAT stresses me out because I feel like maybe I should be more actively trying to change that since I am 30 and let's face it, the window to have kids (should I even want them) is getting smaller all the time.

Sooo I stress myself out over how I feel and what society thinks I should be doing because I care what people think about me when I know I shouldn't. *sigh*

(is this too much for a Friday morning? lol)

Awww, don't get down on yourself. I have plenty of girlfriends in the 30-35 bracket that are also single and childless with no prospects at the moment. It's pretty common these days. I'm in a serious relationship and have had a previous marriage, but I'm 34 and no children. I understand what you mean about the pressure and sense of being judged sometimes. I still think though that being single and/or child-free is preferable to rushing something that's not right for you at the moment.

I get judged for being 35, married and childless. People seem to feel the need to query me on why we aren't procreating and then scoff at me because I say we don't want to. "You'll change your mind!" or, when I say I don't really like kids (I mean I don't dislike them, but I'm not someone to coo over a baby) they say "It will be different when they're your own!" - really? You want me to have them in the hopes that I'll like them once they're here?

As for Shiba - I was 30, single and BLISSFULLY happy being single. Like, no plans for any relationship, perfectly content in my singledom, free as a bird, independent... then this dude came along and screwed it all up for me :D I was NOT looking for a relationship, it came and found me.

Argh, I'm 32 and constantly told I'll change my mind. Me and my boyfriend have been together 11 years, no rush to marry and no desire for kids. Really bugs me getting asked why don't I want them too. I just don't. Never have. Don't go gooey over babies, maybe I'm wired wrong, but I'm just not interested. There's no reason.

I confess, I can't stand most kids. I'm 33 and never want them.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I confess, I'm trying to be paleo for lent... but I'm still allowing myself a ZipFizz energy drink every day and that is definitely not paleo.
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    mrsmiley32 wrote: »

Totally understand. You accepted it and logged it. Now wake up later on, drink some water and start fresh! :smile:

I have to admit, you brightened my morning with this. Not sure how but it made me more accepting of yesterday's binge (not to repeat, just less depressed about it). Thank you.
  • lilmissemz269
    Options
    I never log my weight if I haven't lost lol

I'm gutted though the last two weeks I lost 4lb a week this week I've put on 1lb :,( could cry ....
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

I confess that I skipped breakfast & lunch yesterday so I could eat chips and salsa and cookies while we watched the snow fall. Final tally, 1,802 in, 462 out in a Spartacus workout.

Better?

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

I confess that I skipped breakfast & lunch yesterday so I could eat chips and salsa and cookies while we watched the snow fall. Final tally, 1,802 in, 462 out in a Spartacus workout.

Better?

But how much snow did you get?
  • AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options
    Mpol2 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.

That's the cutest thing ever.

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!

My dad and I bake cakes together. Just throwing it out there. You could also make fudge with her, my grandpa and I do that. My grandma and I always had tea parties when I was a kid. Good times.

Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.

My Dad regularly took me to the hardware store with him and I love them to this day. Teach her how to use tools and do repairs if you are a handy guy....lifelong skills and often not passed on
    to daughters.

^ bingo. My mom is a car mechanic, guess who picked it up? I work on my own diesel truck, fix stuff around the house, mow the lawn...anything I feel like doing. A lot of the time I let my husband do the truck work for me, because he wants to, but I'm perfectly capable.
  • AHeartbeatBehind
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I always crave sweets. My trick is to buy some sweet flavored gum (my favorite is the sour patch red berry) and eat a piece. It's sweet enough to kill the craving and I don't feel bad about eating a whole bag of candies. Hope this might help you too.