Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.

They sound...not delicious.

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!

That's why you have to toast them and slather them with butter. >:)

Or make an ice cream sandwich.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju I'm sorry I must have missed your post or I would have tried.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession? I'm a poptart-aholic...Love those badboys, especially the vanilla fudge ones <3

The Peanut Butter ones are my favorites. I also liked the Wildlicious Frosted Wild! Cherry Pop-tarts.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I love microwaved string cheese! Especially when part of it gets crunchy! Yum!

I eat string cheese every day and I've never even thought to do this. Guess what I'm doing when I go home!

You have to pull it apart! Don't just microwave the stick whole!

See @WestCoastJo82! Not weird at all!

I am so trying this!!

So am I. I even conveniently just bought a pack of string cheese last week at the grocery store.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    notwaitin wrote: »
    I had an affair on my diet this am. I was at the McDonald's drive thru and asked if they had cookies, nope but they could put some in for me...um hot out of the oven McDonald choc chip cookies...holy mother of words I can't describe. I've never had an affair but if its anything as hot and delish as that, I may have to rethink my lifestyle.

I never knew McDonalds had cookies.

I haven't had McD's but Chick-fil-a has THE best chocolate chip cookies. I may have had one or one hundred too many when prego!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Started the C25k app today because I like having someone tell me when to run and when to walk :)

I am ready to start that myself. I was hoping that would tell me what to do!!

I really like it because I'll be going along listening to my music and it'll beep and say start walking then beep start running and I don't have to look at my watch or anything it's great!

Great news for me. I am working on getting my physical endurance up a bit for a mud run in October.

Which one? I have done a bunch... Love them! It's like being 5 all over again.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Started the C25k app today because I like having someone tell me when to run and when to walk :)

I really like it because I'll be going along listening to my music and it'll beep and say start walking then beep start running and I don't have to look at my watch or anything it's great!

Great news for me. I am working on getting my physical endurance up a bit for a mud run in October.

Yay! That sounds awesome! I'm a little jealous. My goal is to do a mud run or obstacle course in the fall but I don't have anyone to do it with me. I hurt my left shoulder a couple months ago and went to physical therapy for a bit and somehow hurt my right shoulder a week ago so no weights for awhile. Long story short...I'm afraid that I won't have the upper body strength for it. Ok I'm finished whining. :(

Does anyone have helpful hints for preparing for a mudder?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Well, I am just gonna go ahead and assume the calorie count on that waffle cone is fair....since nobody seemed to notice that post.....

Sorry I missed it too. This thread has been kind of wonky for me today
  • Oberon21
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ok have to get out of here before I get sucked in. I HATE missing all the daily commentary. Sigh.

that is stunning!!!
    i can't remember if you said so or not, did you do the work yourself?
    if so, amazing! if not, excellent choice in contractors!

I picked all the materials. I paid an architect to help me design it (not that they did much...but I didn't pay them much either) and a contractor to install it. I can't even nail in a nail straight. Completely inept. But thank you. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    aw darn it lost the vanity (the best part) so one more

These are beautiful! I love the tiles in the bathroom! So very pretty.

Thanks! I love it too! I spend hours in the whirlpool tub. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I just joined my first event ride by our local cycling organization RABA (Richmond Area Bicycling Association) to support their 'Bikes for Kids' program. Beyond excited!

http://www.heartofvabikefestival.org/

Sounds great! Have fun!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I know you hate people apologising for asking you questions, @Susieq_1994, but I only do because I feel like that stereotypical ignorant privileged white girl, and I don't want to offend.

So...there is that - robe, I'm sorry, I don't know the word for it - the long black one with the head and face covering. But it gets to 60C in Oman, right? So, um...how do the women not die of heatstroke?

That's alright, it doesn't offend me! :)

It's called an abaya, and most of them don't cover the head or face--They're basically just black dresses. I wear one myself. The headscarf and niqab (face covering) are all separate pieces. There is one that has a head covering attached as well, but these are mostly worn by older ladies, as it's just an older style.

That said, I wear the abaya and headscarf. I don't find it hot, personally--I actually find it cooler than when I wear "regular" clothing like skirts and blouses because the abaya tends to be very lightweight. It's also because I've been covering for a very long time--If I didn't cover, I'd probably feel hotter due to the sun burning my skin!

My sister wears a niqab, and according to her, it did feel very hot in the first week, but she says it doesn't feel like that anymore now that she's used to it.

Just an add-on: The abaya isn't a must, Islamically. Women are encouraged not to wear very bright colors for the purpose of attracting men (yes, men have a rule that involves not attracting women--it isn't a sexist rule), but you're allowed to wear whatever color you like, as long as you're covered properly.

I prefer the abaya in Saudi Arabia because everyone wears it (I've seen like... two people so far that didn't... Even the non-Muslims wear it!) and I just don't want to stand out. In Oman, I often wear regular colored dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. Unless I'm lazy. Because the abaya is really easy to just throw on and be done. ;)

Can I ask some follow ups? You say your sister wears a niqab; was that something she decided to do as an adult? And how did she come to that decision? And are you wearing your regular clothes under the abaya? Or is it like a "dress".

Thanks for educating me! :)

Yes, she decided to start wearing it two years ago. Nobody else in our family wears it and she's unmarried, so nobody influenced her in that decision--in Islam there are some scholars (I refuse to count the Sheikh Google people...) who believe the niqab is obligatory, and others who believe it is simply recommended based on evidence from the Qur'an and hadith. After doing some studying, my sister chose to go with the scholars who believe it's obligatory, and began covering her face from then on.

You do have to wear clothing under an abaya--it's basically a cover, but the material is too thin to wear with nothing but underwear underneath, for example. I usually wear jeans and a tank top underneath it--since we have to remain covered, it's best to have your legs covered in case the wind blows it up, for example. :) But I would wear the same under a dress, actually, although I would probably wear cotton pants underneath in that case.

Oh, can I ask if you have one of these? I've always wondered if it was hard to swim in the modest suits, because of the extra fabric:

8r71esdpgap0.jpg

Nope, I don't own one--those suits actually don't meet the fardh (obligatory) requirements for modest clothing for women, especially because they cling when they're wet, and the shape of the body is revealed, which is the major requirement of covering.

If I'm going to swim, I swim in an all-women's facility with a modest swimsuit (even women aren't supposed to reveal nakedness to other women) or just jump into the ocean fully clothed because that's fun. ;)

Am I the only one who loves being naked? I don't know why but I do! Could be because ( I know I say this a lot but it's true) I really have no shame...haters going to hate!

I hate being naked. I hate skin touching skin. And I totally hate when running any part of my body touching any other part. I tried running in a sports bra ONCE. Never again. Yes I am a prude (I believe I have said this before).

I hate being naked too. Even in the shower. I get dressed as soon as humanly possible. I put on undies right after a shower.

Hmm not being naked in the shower might be hard...but I dress immediately as well. Or put a robe on. I don't like to be without undies either.

Is it T-8 now? Or 7?

I know it's impossible to be unnaked in the shower, but I get in and get out with the quickness.

Yesterday was T-7 but now, it's T-6 or 5 depending on when you're reading this.

T-5 you must be so excited! I hope you and the hubby have everything all straightened out so you can just enjoy yourselves!

I assume you know I was kidding on the shower (is hard to tell sometimes in this forum and I don't want you thinking I was being sarcastic).

Because I'm so incredibly sarcastic, I just assume everyone is too. No worries. :smiley:

We are VERY excited and cannot wait. I will elaborate on this later.

Well actually I am.... Extremely. But I have been told by many people that they find me rude or abrupt in texting because I am often short in my replies and my humor does not come across. I use the phone or iPad often in replying here which means I can sound short. And I don't want folks in here to think I am a b***h. Which I can be but trying not to be in here!

I am now taking you off my list of 'people to be cautious about offending' and just be myself!

I'm glad. You SHOULD be yourself, after all, everyone else is already taken. :wink:

I've been told on many occasion that when people first meet me, they think I'm a b!^@# because I don't make eye contact, and I make really sarcastic and snide comments. I like to tell people I'm fluent in song lyrics, movie/TV quotes, and sarcasm. It really is hard to convey tone or sarcasm in text, but I don't concern myself too much with what other people think usually.

Unless they like me, then I'm all, "WHOO HOO!!!"

Ha we may be soul mates too. I am often told people thought I was a female canine until they get to know me. :)
  • Strawili
    Strawili Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I told myself I'd exercise before bed.. two hours ago. :s
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @pofoster21 - Looks awesome! Love the tile in the kitchen and the bathroom!

Thanks!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

I'm glad you decided to confess this. This would be a REALLY hard phobia to have since profanity is seen/heard everywhere these days. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. I'm trying to think back on whether or not I've said anything bad here. Hopefully not. If so, sorry!

It is. I pretty much live in a box, as I told my husband--which is possibly one reason why I'm so depressed so often. I can't read most books, watch most movies, watch/listen to most things on sites like YouTube, randomly browse sites on the web, talk to new people, or even go places where they play rap. It's really, really hard to deal with.

I mostly just close myself off from the world and don't even try. I avoid trying to make friends or going to new places or websites or anything like that, because I want to be in my "safe bubble"--this thread has majorly pushed me out of my comfort zone, and yet somehow it keeps pulling me back in even when I want to run away from it.

Cause we love you. :) it's hard to resist it when you are loved!
  • kellienw335
    Options

Which one? I have done a bunch... Love them! It's like being 5 all over again.
    Are there any you'd recommend above others?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Wow, @pofoster21, I am loving your kitchen and bathroom! Very jealous of your shower, especially the little nooks for some reason.

I really like that too. I was always buying the aluminum over the shower head rack and then it rusts. This is great.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

thanks for letting us know Susie. Its quite important because none of us would want to deliberately upset you.

I will endeavour to moderate my language, apologise in advance for any that slip through, and understand if you want to unfriend me - i won't take it personally :)

I am sorry... I did this in a message to you...I was just saying this AM that I need to stop swearing. So from now on...no more swearing in my feed or comments or messages. Susieq...you are making us better people!

I really appreciate it! I consider you a good friend, and I hate that I feel so anxious about having you on my list(s). You guys don't know how much it means when you try to make accommodations for me--I truly didn't expect it, and I have a major case of the warm fuzzies right now. Thank you all.

It's not a problem. And seriously I hate that I swear so much. This will help me work on it. I once read that to use profanity is the sign of an uneducated or unimaginative mind (or something like that) and it always bothered me. That I swore so much. So this is motivation! And we are good friends! So we will work on it together. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Update: I finally got through to the right person at the hospital and I have an appointment booked! I even got it brought forward a week by acting extra pathetic and hormonal. I feel better now...
    Yay! Good for you. The first ultrasound is the most emotional and the most scary and the most exciting.
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994, I admire you for your confession and your aversion to swear words. Personally, I don't swear much at all either in real life or in posts. Doesn't bother me if anyone else does. Just wanted to say that good relationships are based on open communication, so kudos to you for opening up a new dialogue that will hopefully only enrich and strengthen your relationships here!

Thank you. :) It was a very difficult admission for me, but the anxiety was becoming too much to handle. My usual reaction in that situation is to shut down and run away, so my first thought was to run off and create a new account to log my food--but I just couldn't do that. Everyone here has been so kind to me and encouraged me so much that I couldn't just run off and abandon you all without any explanation or anything--I'm sure some here would worry and that would be very inconsiderate. So I did the (much) more difficult thing, and I hope that pays off. :)

Plus @pofoster21 has added me on both Facebook and Wattpad, so I can't possibly escape. ;)

Yep you are stuck with me!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @pofoster21 your kitchen, dining room, and bathroom all look beautiful! You obviously have great taste! :) Gorgeous! I bet you're so excited!

Thank you! Yes I am. I used to avoid spending time at home. Now I just sit in my kitchen and soak in my tub. The cats are very happy.