Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #18

very "not much to write home about"
    nice? sure.
    looked like his photos? maybe 35 lbs ago (grrr)
    had a few beverages, some idle chit chat.
    kinda boring.
    is he now texting me constantly? yep! :/

next....

I just want to say that I completely admire you going on these dates. I've always been such a coward and would be living a lonely life if my boyfriend hadn't 'groomed' me (his creepy description not mine!) I have never had the nerve to put myself out there to go out dating, and I feel like I've probably missed out on something by being so afraid. You very much remind me of a friend of mine whose outlook on life I also much admire (and who may I add -after many forays into the dating world - is now happily married with 2 beautiful children.) And as I'm sure other people have mentioned, sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs to find the prince. And you may as well enjoy the experiences in the meantime - I know I enjoy your updates! Oh, and as for the younger men - always worth a trial I think....
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I am not much of a sweet tooth. But I am a potato tooth. Is that even a thing? I love potatoes. Right now I'm eating through a second helping of potato bhaji. I am full and I am going to finish this second helping because my mouth is so in love with the browned potato/tumeric/lemon taste. I had curry red lentil and curry cauliflower with them, but the potatoes. MMMM.

Fried, hashed, baked, mashed. I love potatoes.

ETA - I think that is a recipe in the bat cave. I will look and add it if it is not there. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

This so so much this. I have a real affair going on with potato. That is one food I will never ever give up. Mmmmm makes me want to go throw some in the oven right now.

Same as both of you. I have a potato tooth too. It is my favorite food (especially mashed).
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #18

nice? sure.
    kinda boring.

next....

Try the "you are great and I am really glad we met. I just didn't feel the kind of connection I need in a relationship." Answers him once then ignore.

i'm totally saving that as a draft in my phone to be copy and pasted as needed. Thank You!!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Last night date dude was 44. Tonight? TWENTY.

It's ok, I have no idea what i'm doing either, but he was really persistent, so I thought. ...what the hell?

I'm currently sitting at the restaurant's bar, waiting for the man child to show up.

Wish me luck! Lol

Hahahaha!! You cougar you!! Good luck let us know how it goes!! xoxo
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.

LOL, sadly no! He's 44, I'm 34. I am having issues coming to terms with ages no longer being "too old" for me. :D

Try thinking 50+ men are now your age range. I can't imagine a 20 year old is going to hold your interest. But good luck.

ETA in case I want clear I now have to look at 50+ year old men as my age range.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Last night date dude was 44. Tonight? TWENTY.

It's ok, I have no idea what i'm doing either, but he was really persistent, so I thought. ...what the hell?

I'm currently sitting at the restaurant's bar, waiting for the man child to show up.

Wish me luck! Lol

Hahahaha!! You cougar you!! Good luck let us know how it goes!! xoxo
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.

LOL, sadly no! He's 44, I'm 34. I am having issues coming to terms with ages no longer being "too old" for me. :D

Try thinking 50+ men are now your age range. I can't imagine a 20 year old is going to hold your interest. But good luck.

ETA in case I want clear I now have to look at 50+ year old men as my age range.

Omg! Post date update on the way....

*Impatiently waits*

I dont know if you said before, but how old are you? For comparison......

*post date update*

first date #17

ok, let me try this again.... @Italian_Buju i'm 34. :)

and yes, @LBuehrle8 i totally felt like a cougar!!

give the dude credit, he lives an hour away and was totally like...that doesn't matter! i can't wait to meet you! how adorable.

BUT his profile said he was 21. which, even at that point i'm leery and expecting some type of fraternity hazing experience to be going down. but also to his credit, i was like dude, let go to this bar and he's like i cant, i'm only 20! to which, i was like dude, change your profile! and he was very sweet and apologetic. which was long before we met, so it wasn't quite the pull of the rug that i'm used to.

but still! he's like a sweet innocent baby boy! it was a cute first date, what do you like? i like this stuff! kinda thing...which was fantastic because when we tried to talk about music, he hadn't heard of any of my favs!! and that's when i felt ancient!

nine inch nails
    tori amos
    spiritualized
    franz ferdinand
    rilo kiley
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

NOTHING! lol
    so i gave him a stack of my burned cd's to educate himself. lol
    punkin....you need these more than i do...LOL

ok, so end of night, i went to do like the sweet kiss goodnight....and he DEVOURED my face! LOL
    it was ridiculous, but cute because i know how young he is....

can't imagine anything will come of this, but it was ridiculously adorable ;)

I love this whole update, lol.

That update was wow. I'm laughing. I had NO idea you were 34. I feel like a baby now at only 26....that doesn't happen often anymore so I'm grateful. :grin:
    And to top it all off some of you 30's ladies look my age or YOUNGER! I hope I get that lucky. :blush:

yeah, i'm surprisingly immature for my age :D

We are the same age and yes I'm very immature for my age as well but I think it helps keep us young (looking and feeling). :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm about to post this everywhere because I'm really excited about it, but I BOUGHT MY WEDDING DRESS THIS WEEKEND!

14 months before the wedding. Whatevz. I'm efficient. ;)

Pics please?
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    This is going to sound stupid >.< and noobish, but to this day I still wish I had a thigh gap even though it's not even possible for my body type. It sucks not having any "good" body traits. I'm a banana shape. I don't have huge breasts or a big butt. I have violin hips that go inwards instead of outwards, and I judge myself at every moment. I feel like I'll never be as good looking as people who are "naturally beautiful" no matter how many years I take to change myself. I'm still going to do it, though.

Well, just for the record, I happen to think you are naturally beautiful.

+1 to both of these. (I am reading on my phone while listening to even more ICD-10 training).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    A month ago I found this thread and commented on it then lost it. (I had not learned how to book mark yet.) Last week I found it again and decided to read what I have missed. I spent most of 4 days reading. I even forgot a boiling pot of water on the stove. (burnt the water). I have loved reading the threads that were pointed out and have laughed till my sides were sore. I thank all of you for being such an inspiration and enjoyment to me and I wish to join the thread.

A word about Blue Bell, they were pulled from the market 3 months before I started on the weight loss journey. It was a very sad moment for our family. We tried every other ice-cream on the market and gave up eating cream all together. I just commented to my husband that it was probably advantageous that I had a couple of months practicing logging my foods without Blue Bell calling. I was even able to go to an ice cream social without being tempted, I reminded myself it was not Blue Bell. Blue Bell has not reached the stores where I live yet. I will find a way to put it into my budget.

Welcome!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this needs some kind of trumpet fanfare to announce it.

We have finished re-wiring our house! We had to do it in stages because it was just too much money, mess and time to do all at once. It started in March and the house fought us every step of the way - solid concrete floors downstairs and upstairs, but of course. Solid brick walls, even internally. Weird steps all over the place. Ah it wasn't fun at all. But now it is finished and I have light switches NEXT TO DOORS and sockets IN EVERY ROOM. I can't get across how novel this is for me. I spent the whole weekend cleaning everything and rearranging everything (we had to empty out the whole kitchen) and painting over cracks.

So I'm shattered now. But relieved we got this big, messy job finished before the little'un arrives. We might even think about doing some actual plastering and decorating before the birth and I can have a normal room in my house. I need a rest for a couple of days though.

Way to go!!! I lived in 125 year old house for a while and can relate.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I'm about to post this everywhere because I'm really excited about it, but I BOUGHT MY WEDDING DRESS THIS WEEKEND!

Pics please?
    This is going to sound stupid >.< and noobish, but to this day I still wish I had a thigh gap even though it's not even possible for my body type. It sucks not having any "good" body traits. I'm a banana shape. I don't have huge breasts or a big butt. I have violin hips that go inwards instead of outwards, and I judge myself at every moment. I feel like I'll never be as good looking as people who are "naturally beautiful" no matter how many years I take to change myself. I'm still going to do it, though.

+1 to both of these. (I am reading on my phone while listening to even more ICD-10 training).

3 weeks (and 2 days) until go-live! ;)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Pics please?

Yes, and I have been here intermittently because of jury duty. I am doing this today because I don't know if I will be here tomorrow. The doctors are going nuts worrying about this. I think they are mostly going to do fine, though I have one or two who are less than specific enough for me to translate from dictation to the correct code now. (this is a tiny part of my job, but it is the biggest problem until it goes live.)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #18

nice? sure.
    kinda boring.

next....

Try the "you are great and I am really glad we met. I just didn't feel the kind of connection I need in a relationship." Answers him once then ignore.

i'm totally saving that as a draft in my phone to be copy and pasted as needed. Thank You!!
    You are welcome. I had good success with it.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #18

nice? sure.
    kinda boring.

next....

I just want to say that I completely admire you going on these dates. I've always been such a coward and would be living a lonely life if my boyfriend hadn't 'groomed' me (his creepy description not mine!) I have never had the nerve to put myself out there to go out dating, and I feel like I've probably missed out on something by being so afraid. You very much remind me of a friend of mine whose outlook on life I also much admire (and who may I add -after many forays into the dating world - is now happily married with 2 beautiful children.) And as I'm sure other people have mentioned, sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs to find the prince. And you may as well enjoy the experiences in the meantime - I know I enjoy your updates! Oh, and as for the younger men - always worth a trial I think....

wow, i really appreciate that, thank you!
    don't be fooled, i'm a total coward! hence why all of my first dates are someplace i can have a beverage, 'cause i desperately need it to reign in my anxiety. prolly not the best thing, but it is what it is.
    lol and your friend gives me hope! :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Pics please?

Yay, can't wait. :| I swear we've been training for months, but it's beginning to feel like every single module contains the same information.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Pics please?

Yes, and I have been here intermittently because of jury duty. I am doing this today because I don't know if I will be here tomorrow. The doctors are going nuts worrying about this. I think they are mostly going to do fine, though I have one or two who are less than specific enough for me to translate from dictation to the correct code now. (this is a tiny part of my job, but it is the biggest problem until it goes live.)

I'm on the other end in the lab. Our client service folks are already being prepped for all the additional phone calls they'll (hopefully not) have to make to offices to ensure we have the right codes in order to bill for testing. Though, a lot of that will still end up getting done on the back end because of specimen stability, so it's an annoyance, but not a deal breaker.

Woooo health care! ;)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Aannd I'm in patient financial services, so if anything is wrong and we don't get paid, we get to hear about it. The hospital has been double coding for months so hopefully they've got it all worked out. Whether the payors have it all worked out remains to be seen.
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #18

nice? sure.
    kinda boring.

next....

I agree! If I hadn't met my husband when I was 17, I'd probably have just stayed single for the next 30+ years and became a crazy (very overweight) cat lady. Going on dates was never really my thing. Even now, my version of a date is to go buy food (pizza, tacos, or something to cook) and watch Netflix at home, or play quiz games on Sporcle and try and beat each other. We're much more like a little old married couple than most couples our age!

As for date with younger guy, I'm 22 and have heard of:
    nine inch nails
    franz ferdinand
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

2 years shouldn't make that much difference in musical knowledge! :smirk:
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm not a big fan of fish, never have been. But it is high in protein and good fats so in the interest of being an adult I have started to eat the non-fishier tasting ones. I also am getting kinda sick of soup for lunch every day so I decided to try tuna salad on a sandwich. Just in case I couldn't choke it down, I brought some pringles with my lunch today. I was thinking a tuna salad and potato chip sandwich (I guess I'm just not that good at adulting). Well the sandwich wasn't too bad but I still ate the pringles.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I'm not a big fan of fish, never have been. But it is high in protein and good fats so in the interest of being an adult I have started to eat the non-fishier tasting ones. I also am getting kinda sick of soup for lunch every day so I decided to try tuna salad on a sandwich. Just in case I couldn't choke it down, I brought some pringles with my lunch today. I was thinking a tuna salad and potato chip sandwich (I guess I'm just not that good at adulting). Well the sandwich wasn't too bad but I still ate the pringles.

Which ones are those? I am also not a fan of fish.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Also not a fish fan, unless it has batter on it and is haddock and therefore not going to help me lose weight
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Apparently pickerel (known to Americans as walleye) isn't fishy-tasting, but I'm relying entirely on what other people have said since I love fish.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Haddock is what I usually make at home but I've tried cod too and as long as its fresh, it's not too fishy. I asked around a lot and haddock is what most people recommended as least fishy tasting. I still haven't had the courage to try salmon.