Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

1) Please report back on the Traveling Cupcake Truck Dress when it comes in. I've been debating (with myself) about buying it and I'd love an actual opinion (I was thinking the violet or strawberries but no matter!)

2) I'd probably just swing the pink dress for the whole day, personally. But I'm easy lazy like that.

I'll let you know. I have a pretty weird body shape though so I'm not sure if my opinion will help much!

I have a similar one by Stop Staring! in the black cherry print that's also a halter swing shape, but it doesn't look great without a crinoline under it, so I'm hoping this one is better.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon those earrings are beautiful!! Wow, you really are one lucky woman! I bet you two compliment each other really well as a couple because you are great too!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

The bold part: me too!

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one
    Or this black embellished one (comes with straps)

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception ? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I think that's brilliant!

Me, too!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    FINALLY I'm caught up only to go to lunch. :neutral:

While packing last night, Mr. Mo and I were discussing whether or not my ring would come in before we have to leave. It's supposed to be in today so I'm crossing my fingers and toes and eyes and anything else I can so it does. Anywho, he said, "If it doesn't come in, I have a backup." I was really confused by this so I said, "What do you mean you have a backup?"

He gets in his top drawer and hands me a box from the jewelry store.

These are inside...
    q4qvfm8xoe8w.jpg

I couldn't believe that he did that, and not only that, but he also totally surprised me which almost NEVER happens. I won the lottery with this guy! :blush:

I was waiting for you to post this so I could see them bigger! AWESOME and SUPER GREAT!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession
    While I like being nude alone or in presence of SO, I am less comfortable being nude around other people. One gym I went to in the mornings had a big open multiple shower in the locker room. I went straight from the gym to work so I showered there. One woman felt no problem showering at the same time and talking up a storm. She was nice but I wanted less talk and more space. She was very athletic and had just missed the olympic team. She had a twin sister. Maybe she was just used to chatting in a locker room shower but I was not used to it.
    I have never been able to do such a thing (even back in high school, in the 'community' shower that was available after gym class (and I'd venture to say that it would have felt horrifyingly foreign, and intensely uncomfortable, to even consider engaging in such 'semi-public nudity' at any other point during my post-toddler childhood)... and regardless of however my body did or will ever look... and I don't consider this reality something I need to 'overcome', or otherwise find a way to be comfortable with... it simply feels unnatural beyond words to be naked in front of a bunch of random people, and regardless of whether they're of the same gender (as me), and regardless of whether (and perhaps especially if) I know any of them... and it would seem that many (many, many) people feel like that -- and that being crazy-comfortable with such semi-public nudity is not exactly typical...

...I can't fathom it... and will never be able to relate to how various people seem so comfortable being nude in front of anyone and 'everyone' in a locker room (let alone, a 'community' shower)...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

I agree with you: I'd wear the pink one for the ceremony and the black one at night. That one would be super fun to dance in and if anyone even implies that you're taking attention away from the bride maybe tell a little white lie and say you spilled something on the pink one.

Or, maybe I'm a terrible person for thinking this way? Personally, I don't care about weddings being ALL about the bride. They eat up an enormous amount of my time on a weekend, so I'm going to look good and enjoy it!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    bjaune wrote: »
    I can't poop! Yep its gross and painful! My doctor has me on prescription miralax and at first It worked, but now its back to once a week. It gets uncomfortable because there comes a point my stomach gets big and my pants don't fit.
    I drink water like a fish and run at least 3 days a week (I am tri training now)
    But still.....
    I tried to not eat red meat during lent, hoping that would alleviate the pains. Nothing. :(

Apparently Jerusalem Artichokes work wonders for this. I've never had them/it so I can't say for definite, but what's the harm in trying right? I remember reading it in a health magazine, and 73 calories per 100 grams won't ruin your diet either.

Good luck!

I know whenever I have a hard time pooping I eat around 4-5 prunes.

Good luck with your issues & hopefully the doctor will find something to make it easier on you.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

Ok, sorry that this is giant...I haven't a clue how to shrink it. But, I just wanted to share what our feeding time looks like... :)
    They all have their own bowls and go right to them when it's time to eat! Such good little piglets!

OMG- I have to admit that the first time I looked at/scrolled past this photo in the thread I wasn't paying a ton of attention, and could have sworn that the cats tails were moving. It really freaked me out! And now I can't look at the photo without getting goosebumps. hahaha

But, regardless of my ridiculous reaction, your cats are really cute, and I love that they all go to their own bowls! Mine do that too, but there's only two of them. And the little one only starts at his bowl. He eats half of his food, then pushes his way into Tadpole's bowl to make sure that he didn't get something better :wink:

Haha..tails moving!?
    Tadpole is a super cute name!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    bjaune wrote: »
    I can't poop! Yep its gross and painful! My doctor has me on prescription miralax and at first It worked, but now its back to once a week. It gets uncomfortable because there comes a point my stomach gets big and my pants don't fit.
    I drink water like a fish and run at least 3 days a week (I am tri training now)
    But still.....
    I tried to not eat red meat during lent, hoping that would alleviate the pains. Nothing. :(

Sugar free Haribo gummy bears!!! (JK, don't really do this. Read the first review, below.)

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/product-reviews/B008JELLCA

LMAO! I wonder how many people buy those for Christmas gifts for people they hate?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I rejoined a gym in the last week. There are many gyms in the area but the one I prefer and feel very comfortable taking my kids to workout with me is kind of expensive. I had quit it for a year to catch up on things financially and tried to keep active in many other ways. Recently I decided that my daughter really enjoyed it and I want to support anything she enjoys these days. Tonight we went to a Zumba class at her request. It was 75 minutes of me flailing around as ungainly as possible. Daughter loved it and smiled more in that class than I've seen in a long time. Worth the cost of admission. I did a couple of calculators and based on my weight I think I burned around 500 calories in that time. I know I was pushing myself to stay as high intensity as I could. Is 500 calories for 1.25 hours a reasonable estimate? I'm on the very little side. I don't often log food and I even more rarely log exercise. I also lifted weights (didn't even try to figure that out) and got a decent amount of walking in during the day. I feel that I am keeping my nice slow steady goal of gradually losing another few pounds.

That would be me also. Which is why I'd never do Zumba. Glad your daughter really enjoyed it, though... and you're an awesome mum for attending with her!
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

I've done 5:2 intermittently. (that sounds weird, ha ha) I've mentioned before that when he's home my SO does the cooking and that generally results in huge portions of very rich and rather "junky" food -- not at all how I'd choose to eat -- so when he's gone I'll do 5:2 to kind of recalibrate, especially since my IBS is usually in overdrive by the time he leaves (we seriously eat like cr@p).

I'd say give it a try.

But keep saving that house money!!!

Yea, I don't see any harm in trying it for a month or so. It's not something stupid like a teatox. It just involves a bit of forward planning.

It's ok, the money is still there

I tend to rely heavily on 35 calorie Yoplait yogurt pots, 15 cal fruit cups (Del Monte water packed, no added sugar) and Quest bars. But the 500 days make me feel seriously awesome... probably because the carb/high fat/sodium fog lifts, lol.

In England we have Icelandic Yogurt called SKYR and it is no fat, high protein (It's amazing) and I intend on having that for lunch I think. It does have carbs in it though so I'm not sure.
    What do you have for dinner? I was thinking stir-fry one night, but I can't think of anything else apart from soup or salad for the second night :confounded:

Well, bearing in mind that I LOATHE cooking and I'm an incredibly unimaginative cook... usually eggs, often poached, sometimes an omelette with a weensy bit of cheese or... and this rates as a "confession"... one of those prepared frozen meals. I have a whole range of them from 160 to 250 cals, which fits nicely into a 500 day. There is a line here called Blue Menu that is actually pretty "healthy".

I'm lucky in that I already drink diet pop and have always taken my coffee black, so I'm not adding calories with beverages.

eta: cottage cheese is a dinner staple also
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    @kellienw335 Sure! I was struck by a car and broke some bones in my right ankle and shoulder. There was also some scarring on my face and ligament tears / minor breaks in my left knee, but the ortho was very cautious with the knee because it was almost a lot worse. I was in the hospital for a few weeks and in inpatient physical therapy for two more weeks per recommendation from the hospital.

That picture of your cats eating just makes me giggle @kelly_c_77 . It's too cute. Super jealous of that dessert too. :yum: Happy Birthday!

Awesome job with your weight goals @xLoveLikeWinterx , sucks about the baby's ear infection. Ear pain is the one thing I can't soldier through.

Beautiful earrings @MoHousdon . You and your husband really sound like a great couple.

I'm going to have to wait three hours for a free movie screening today and I fully plan on sitting or standing in line with my headphones. I also sometimes use them at stores when I really don't want to have a conversation. As long as you aren't using them while driving or in the streets, I'm good.

As for sleeping with pets, I'd take sleeping with a cat over sleeping with a dog any day. The worst my cat ever did was manage to secure the whole pillow for himself. He was never rowdy in the morning like my siblings' dogs.

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Thanks also to all of you who congratulated Raelynn! I'll admit I may or may not have been a bit emotional about this milestone. We've started letting her sort of go at her own pace, so as to not trigger an anxiety attack. She's beyond proud of herself, she came to my room this morning and had the cutest conversation with me:
    "Mommy! Did I pee pee in my potty?!"
    "Yes, baby, you sure did last night!"
    "Yay! I such a big girl!"
    "Yes, yes you are. :cry: "

She's feeling better, I think either she was so bothered by daddy being gone or she can't drink diet dr pepper. I will say that since she got sick yesterday, she has completely stopped asking for some soda and only wants either lemonade or water. Kids are weird man....lol

So cute! We are potty training too...although it sounds like you have a few more obstacles at your house. Glad she's better and hope the potty training continues to go well! Kids are so darn cute at that age, although they have to be because they go from irritating as heck to so much cuteness!

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci, not surprisingly, there are also men like that who are not vocal about it... or who are otherwise smart enough to 'keep it under wraps'... or who would seemingly only 'share' such crap with 'others of their kind' (a few of which I happened to (unfortunately) be physically close 'enough' to, one day, several years ago... and overheard... and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that someone/anyone/I could hear them... they were medical students... and one of them was going to be starting his gynecology rotation the following week... and what I heard him say resulted in my from-that-day-forward disallowing any male medical student to ever be present for any gynecological anything that I would ever need done in any teaching facility... suffice it to say, his comments about what he looked forward to, with pelvic exams, was not something I'll ever forget)...

Ewww. Just... ewww.

I'm normally hugely supportive of medical education and students... I devote a considerable amount of volunteer time to the cause. My family doctor often has a resident and I've always permitted the resident to practice on me. I'll never forget the time a female resident was doing my physical and found a lump doing my breast exam (it turned out to be cyst tissue), she went scampering out of the room to fetch my doc so fast...

But, yeah. Going forward, don't think I'd be comfy with a male student or resident doing anything pelvic. I had naively thought they were all detached and professional.

Disagree about the detached professional part, especially in college students, of all people. I would never, ever go to a male gynecologist. I swear, I'd rather die of uterine cancer than go to one. I have serious suspicions on why any male would go into the practice of gynecology other than nasty reasons (even if they DO become detached and professional after having practiced gynecology for many years), especially now that there are plenty of female gynecologists to be found.

I've always looked at it like men go in for the OB part of the OBGYN because they want to be responsible for bringing babies into the world. Maybe that's just me. I actually had a male student perform my exam once (male doc also in the room) and he was 1) super nervous, and 2) super polite about the whole thing - he even thanked me for giving him a chance.

I've seen both male and female docs (I spent WAY too much time at that office for a while) and don't really have a preference. I had one male doc who was awesome (I moved), and one was was a total [male anatomy]. I also had a female doc who could have cared less what I had to say about anything. I'm quite unbiased about gender on this, which I realize makes me kind of weird.

I'm weird with you, then! I didn't join in on all the previous OB/GYN talk earlier, but mine is a male and he has been my doctor for 25+ years. He is also a teaching doctor and almost always has a student in the room with him. He asks first if it is okay, of course. He is very professional and I've never had an issue. As a matter of fact, I'm concerned when he retires because I don't know if I'll ever find someone like him. He even calls me at home to check on me every year after my annual exam. (That's probably weird, but I have a long history with him.)

My GP is also a male. Very good. I like him a lot. I had a female GP years ago, but her bedside manner was terrible. I realize both male and females make good doctors, so I won't rule out either one solely based on gender.

My new one is male also and he's ok. My favorite one was an older woman, but I had to move. I still miss her, she was pretty awesome.

Oh good! I'm glad you found one you like! Anything new with your cyst issue? Hope that doesn't happen again.

I have to get an ultrasound in August to check on it.

It's going to be a month in a few days though so I'm really hoping I don't end up doubled up in pain from it again :(
  • Francl27
    Options
    Uh, the picture of the guy compared to carrying in groceries is me, too. And I have a garage. I walk into the house about 10 steps to my kitchen and yet I still refuse to make multiple trips. The thing is there are two steps UP from the garage to the kitchen and there have been times that my load is so heavy I can barely make it up those two steps.

Yeah, like I tell my kids, I work hard to be lazy!

Same here. As few trips as I can, even if I end up with very sore hands. Heck the other day I stacked all my drinks (24 pack of water bottles and some sparkling water cans) and carried it all at once, I felt so strong, lol!

I love the hamster pictures. Would love one again but I really loathe cleaning cages.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Went on a bit of a friending spree. If I missed someone, I apologize.
  • Francl27
    Options
    So my confession which OF COURSE is food related.

I complained a lot at lunch because I didn't want a sandwich. Ended up checking out a new taco place. I had 3 small soft tacos (made with really good soft corn tortillas) and some churros with pumpkin sauce, and I had a bite of my husband's Cuban sandwich.... and it was all delicious. But it wasn't enough clearly because we stopped at the local gelato place and I had a small too (I was going to pass, but they had chocolate hazelnut and I just can't say no to that).

Then we went home and my kids wanted some Cheez Its so I had a couple too. 28 calories for 5. ouch.

So I'm pretty much at goal now and it's 3pm, but I'm so full I'm not sure I'll have dinner, and if I do it might just be a salad with some goat cheese... so I should still be close to maintenance.

I confess that my calves are hurting me again from all the walking and I'm probably going to skip the gym today, but I might do some stationary bike instead to work my quads more.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    So my confession which OF COURSE is food related.

I complained a lot at lunch because I didn't want a sandwich. Ended up checking out a new taco place. I had 3 small soft tacos (made with really good soft corn tortillas) and some churros with pumpkin sauce, and I had a bite of my husband's Cuban sandwich.... and it was all delicious. But it wasn't enough clearly because we stopped at the local gelato place and I had a small too (I was going to pass, but they had chocolate hazelnut and I just can't say no to that).

Then we went home and my kids wanted some Cheez Its so I had a couple too. 28 calories for 5. ouch.

So I'm pretty much at goal now and it's 3pm, but I'm so full I'm not sure I'll have dinner, and if I do it might just be a salad with some goat cheese... so I should still be close to maintenance.

I confess that my calves are hurting me again from all the walking and I'm probably going to skip the gym today, but I might do some stationary bike instead to work my quads more.

Sounds like you burned some of the calories from lunch so it's all good.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

This is me bringing in groceries! The least amount of trips I have to make the better.

HAHAHA! Me, too! Multiple plastic bags hanging from every single finger and the bag of dog food slumped over my shoulder!

Same...

Also, @kellyjellybellyjelly and @quiksylver296, I will definitely take and post pictures IF they have it!!!
    ***EVERYONE CROSS YOUR FINGERS THAT THEY HAVE IT*** It's my only birthday wish! ;)

Fingers crossed for ya! And happy birthday!

I hate it when restaurants get rid of my favourites (usually a dessert item :p ) too. They replace it with something trendy like key lime (hate lime, and lemon too for that matter) or salted caramel (hate the taste of salt, blech). Kelseys is the worst, they've killed the fried tortilla cheesecake and then the deep fried Mars bar.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Look what you guys made me do...
    4cduwxesnjwv.jpg

I couldn't resist, it was $2 off. I would have grabbed more had I not been on lunch. I'm hoping to have enough calories for some tonight. We'll see.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    @Just_Ceci, not surprisingly, there are also men like that who are not vocal about it... or who are otherwise smart enough to 'keep it under wraps'... or who would seemingly only 'share' such crap with 'others of their kind' (a few of which I happened to (unfortunately) be physically close 'enough' to, one day, several years ago... and overheard... and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that someone/anyone/I could hear them... they were medical students... and one of them was going to be starting his gynecology rotation the following week... and what I heard him say resulted in my from-that-day-forward disallowing any male medical student to ever be present for any gynecological anything that I would ever need done in any teaching facility... suffice it to say, his comments about what he looked forward to, with pelvic exams, was not something I'll ever forget)...

Ewww. Just... ewww.

I'm normally hugely supportive of medical education and students... I devote a considerable amount of volunteer time to the cause. My family doctor often has a resident and I've always permitted the resident to practice on me. I'll never forget the time a female resident was doing my physical and found a lump doing my breast exam (it turned out to be cyst tissue), she went scampering out of the room to fetch my doc so fast...

But, yeah. Going forward, don't think I'd be comfy with a male student or resident doing anything pelvic. I had naively thought they were all detached and professional.

Disagree about the detached professional part, especially in college students, of all people. I would never, ever go to a male gynecologist. I swear, I'd rather die of uterine cancer than go to one. I have serious suspicions on why any male would go into the practice of gynecology other than nasty reasons (even if they DO become detached and professional after having practiced gynecology for many years), especially now that there are plenty of female gynecologists to be found.

I've always looked at it like men go in for the OB part of the OBGYN because they want to be responsible for bringing babies into the world. Maybe that's just me. I actually had a male student perform my exam once (male doc also in the room) and he was 1) super nervous, and 2) super polite about the whole thing - he even thanked me for giving him a chance.

I've seen both male and female docs (I spent WAY too much time at that office for a while) and don't really have a preference. I had one male doc who was awesome (I moved), and one was was a total [male anatomy]. I also had a female doc who could have cared less what I had to say about anything. I'm quite unbiased about gender on this, which I realize makes me kind of weird.

I'm weird with you, then! I didn't join in on all the previous OB/GYN talk earlier, but mine is a male and he has been my doctor for 25+ years. He is also a teaching doctor and almost always has a student in the room with him. He asks first if it is okay, of course. He is very professional and I've never had an issue. As a matter of fact, I'm concerned when he retires because I don't know if I'll ever find someone like him. He even calls me at home to check on me every year after my annual exam. (That's probably weird, but I have a long history with him.)

My GP is also a male. Very good. I like him a lot. I had a female GP years ago, but her bedside manner was terrible. I realize both male and females make good doctors, so I won't rule out either one solely based on gender.

My new one is male also and he's ok. My favorite one was an older woman, but I had to move. I still miss her, she was pretty awesome.

Oh good! I'm glad you found one you like! Anything new with your cyst issue? Hope that doesn't happen again.

I have to get an ultrasound in August to check on it.

It's going to be a month in a few days though so I'm really hoping I don't end up doubled up in pain from it again :(

I hope so, too, particularly with your vacation coming up. If it's any consolation, the two incidents I had of this were probably 2 years apart. Of course, you NEVER know when it may hit you again, so that's the tough part. But, (cross my fingers) it's been several years now with no issues at all.

Sounds like you had a yummy lunch!