Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am SO tired. I was staying up last night watching some cringey compilation videos. Cringey as in it hurts to watch them because you feel so bad for the people in the video (why was I doing it to myself?). I had to take several breaks and in the end I felt like I died a little bit inside. One dude sent his wife away on vacation for a week so he could surprise her with a brand new AMAZING kitchen that he spent $60,000 on. First thing she says? "I hate that color." UNREAL. Instead of commenting on the two stoves she always wanted, she got mad at him for not changing a LIGHTBULB of all things. He worked to make her happy all week and the only things she could do were insult him and nitpick. That video was less cringey and more infuriating.

I don't know why I'm saying all this..... guess the video really stuck with me? :lol: Kindness is important!

Omg, I saw this video...I could NOT believe her reaction!!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I am SO tired. I was staying up last night watching some cringey compilation videos. Cringey as in it hurts to watch them because you feel so bad for the people in the video (why was I doing it to myself?). I had to take several breaks and in the end I felt like I died a little bit inside. One dude sent his wife away on vacation for a week so he could surprise her with a brand new AMAZING kitchen that he spent $60,000 on. First thing she says? "I hate that color." UNREAL. Instead of commenting on the two stoves she always wanted, she got mad at him for not changing a LIGHTBULB of all things. He worked to make her happy all week and the only things she could do were insult him and nitpick. That video was less cringey and more infuriating.

I don't know why I'm saying all this..... guess the video really stuck with me? :lol: Kindness is important!

Omg, I saw this video...I could NOT believe her reaction!!!

I seriously wanted to slap her when I watched that. I'm telling you, if my hubby sent me off on a vacation AND dropped that much money to give me my dream kitchen, I'd be thanking him profusely, not nitpicking and complaining! Some people just can't be made happy though...
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I took my 7 year old son to the fire company carnival last night. I managed to avoid the funnel cakes, cotton candy, deep fried Snickers, ice cream waffles, boardwalk fries and sausage sandwiches. Instead, I had 4 dozen clams. FOUR DOZEN!

I love clams.

I don't know how many calories that was and I'm afraid to log it. :(
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I suck at baking but I'm very good at eating and cleaning up afterwards!
    I love to bake but I hate cleaning up messes. :( I was so jealous of Mrs. Weasley in Harry Potter. All she had to do was wave her wand and the dishes would clean themselves!!! Where is that in my life :(

So much this!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Woke up to find our dog had died in the middle of the night. She was 11 years old. And we have no idea why it happened.

One of my kids is devastated. The other doesn't even know yet, and I have to tell her soon.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Woke up to find our dog had died in the middle of the night. She was 11 years old. And we have no idea why it happened.

One of my kids is devastated. The other doesn't even know yet, and I have to tell her soon.

I'm so sorry for your loss! ((Hugs)) ❤️❤️
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Spent over $100 on groceries, went to Taco Bell right afterwards.

I used to do this every time I went to the grocery store. It took junking my car to break me of that habit! I haven't picked it up again, knock on wood.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Dexter ended after Trinity in my world (which, the Season 4 finale could have been a fine ending for the show in my book). It got SO SO bad from Julia Styles on.

(Up to 1308 - you all are on 1349)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Oh goodness I'm so so sorry, thoughts for you and your family <3
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Oh, no! Hugs to you all. <3
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Spent over $100 on groceries, went to Taco Bell right afterwards.

I used to do this every time I went to the grocery store. It took junking my car to break me of that habit! I haven't picked it up again, knock on wood.

Confession: We do go out to eat right after (or before depending on how we feel) grocery shopping. :flushed:
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I've just booked a holiday to New York and I'm so excited to try all of the American foods and restaurants people post here that we don't get in the UK. I've been to Florida 3 times when I was in my teens but mostly we just lived off Denny's and Subway. This time I'm gonna take full advantage of the yummy foods. I need recommendations!

For example I've never had Key lime pie and everyone raves on about it! I'm dying to try it. Now obviously I know you can get that here but I'm holding out as I imagine it's so much better in the USA!

This makes me so sad.

Anyway, the thing with Key lime pie is that some places try to pass off Persian lime pies, or use green food coloring to make it "lime" colored (Key lime juice is yellow). That I want to smack those bakers is my confession.

We're going on a cruise in April and will be in Key West on my birthday. I've already declared it Key Lime Pie (and Hemmingway's House for many-toed KITTIES) Day. I love lime in all it's forms.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I have been wearing lots of sleeveless shirts to the office this summer and I constantly find myself feeling myself up...on my triceps, that is. I have triceps I can feel!!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Really not happy with the turn this thread has taken.

We've overcome multiple things in this thread. It's how we made it to almost 1350 pages!

Today will be brighter as we decide to shine together despite our differences. So get the shades out. :sunglasses:

Love this!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I CONFESS, I JUST FOUND OUT MY MOMMY IS COMING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND AND I AM GOING TO DRINK ALL OF MY CALORIES WITH HER!!!!

Sorry for the caps but I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Yay. Enjoy your time with Mom!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

:'(
    I know from personal experience how incredibly difficult this is. So sorry.
  • riderfangal
    Options

Awe that's awful. I am so sorry for you and your family
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think I'm going to be making another phone call to Raelynn's doctor tomorrow. This diagnosis of SPD and Anxiety just doesn't sit well with me, I honestly feel there's more than that going on, and it needs to be addressed. I feel that she honestly does have some form/level of autism and it's being overlooked. Maybe I'm overthinking things, but my heart keeps telling me there's more than what they're saying.

As far as the house situation goes, we've decided to wait on that until we get other things sorted out. We looked into it further, and for the payments we would make for 23 years plus the 4K down payment, we'll wind up paying nearly $150,000 for a singlewide trailer, and that doesn't sit well with hubby (or me for that matter). We might just talk to our landlord and see if she'd be willing to let us buy this house from her. I'm not sure yet, but I do know I want to get other things squared away right now. I really appreciate all the well wishes, but I don't think that is in the cards for us right now.
    I'm sorry to hear about your housing situation. Keep up the good fight for Raelynn and I hope things pick up for you guys!

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Dnarules so sorry for your loss.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Having one of my can't keep up couple of days at work.

It's been super busy since everyone decided to go on holiday at once except me and the accountant, and neither of whom have technical knowledge, so that wasn't too clever. Customer rings up with a technical query and I go, um, can't really help. Come back in 2 weeks. How awesome am I? I'm not being crap at my job for the record, I do the admin for the salesmen so technical knowledge isn't my realm. But I sure do look crap at my job to the customers. Brilliant.