Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    Thank you to those who gave their condolences about my sweet dog's passing. She was 12 years old. It's a long story that I'm too heartbroken, miserable, and depressed about to type out, but I will say that I've had to force myself out of bed and do daily activities. Instead of eating tons of food, I've exercised to get my mind off it.

CONFESSION: I have to get a pelvic ultrasound to check for cysts since I haven't had my period in almost a year (last one was September last year) and I'm super nervous.

I'm so, so sorry about your dog! My sister's dog passed away yesterday and it breaks my heart. He was her best friend for nearly 13 years and I loved him soooo much.

I recently also had the same kind of ultrasound - it wasn't a horrible experience or anything. They really do need you to have a full bladder for the first part, and that was the most uncomfortable part. I hope it goes well for you and that you feel better.

Good job avoiding the "grief bacon" (as it's known around here)! I hope each day gets at least slightly easier to bear. Hugs!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Last night the mancreature slept on the couch because I stole the bed (was passed out by the time he got back from a late hockey game, apparently I wasn't moving...) I woke up at 5am to get ready for my run to find that there was no one to crawl over. I was kinda miffed at him haha

All the snoring talk and this story reminds me of when I was pregnant, I snored so loud that my normally sleep through anything husband slept on the couch one night... & I was mad at him for not sleeping with me. Hormones, I tell ya.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    saraherren wrote: »
    Thank you to those who gave their condolences about my sweet dog's passing. She was 12 years old. It's a long story that I'm too heartbroken, miserable, and depressed about to type out, but I will say that I've had to force myself out of bed and do daily activities. Instead of eating tons of food, I've exercised to get my mind off it.

CONFESSION: I have to get a pelvic ultrasound to check for cysts since I haven't had my period in almost a year (last one was September last year) and I'm super nervous.

I'm so, so sorry about your dog! My sister's dog passed away yesterday and it breaks my heart. He was her best friend for nearly 13 years and I loved him soooo much.

I recently also had the same kind of ultrasound - it wasn't a horrible experience or anything. They really do need you to have a full bladder for the first part, and that was the most uncomfortable part. I hope it goes well for you and that you feel better.

Good job avoiding the "grief bacon" (as it's known around here)! I hope each day gets at least slightly easier to bear. Hugs!

I am sorry about your sister's dog!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    The number on my scale keeps creeping up, daily it seems, and I can't seem to make myself care. Super frustrated with myself right now. I wonder if it is related to how busy I am at work. Maybe I can only focus and succeed at one thing at a time?

I can relate to this 100%. I'm super scared I'll gain all my weight back but I can't seem to stop eating all the food!
    One of my favorite motivational quotes.
    52866d9992948608b8f1a315b07b23dd.jpg

I LOVE this
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Soooooooooo.......they updated the work network again yesterday because of some bugs from the last time. Guess who has access to the boards again?

Confession: Still insanely busy and distracted by school work and trying to get back on track with the gym outside of work, but it's progress towards coming back! :)

yay!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    n3119ds269o8.jpg
    My coworkers put this bubble column distractor in my room and it is after lunch. I am getting sleepy. Time to get up and walk circles in my clinic.... sorry if the image is huge. Posting from my phone.

What is that thing for? It's so pretty!

Thanks for asking, I was curious as well !!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    n3119ds269o8.jpg
    My coworkers put this bubble column distractor in my room and it is after lunch. I am getting sleepy. Time to get up and walk circles in my clinic.... sorry if the image is huge. Posting from my phone.

It is a distractor unit we use to help kids be more comfortable while we do our ultrasound exam or whatever they need. Working at a chilren's place is great. They are huge on keeping the kids calm and comfortable so they don't freak out on us. Of course sometimes, it just can't be helped.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Guys, I'm really sad because I was trying to post a picture on the random pic thread but it keeps showing up sideways no matter what I do to try to fix it. :(

I got it to work finally. I had to take a printscreen of the picture and then save it again as a new file (not sure what was going on).
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I'm still working on getting caught up.

I went on a walk at lunch yesterday with a co-worker so that was good. I'm thinking about walking again today. :)

I have today and then half a day tomorrow for work so I'm in vacation mode already. This weekend I have my Red Rocks concerts so I'm really excited (Pretty Lights Friday and Saturday). :) Hopefully no one laughs at me since I'm older but I bought jewels for my face so I'm going to put those on and I have Glowbys for my hair (fiber optic glow barrettes for hair). I'm just going to have fun. I'll try to post a pic in the batcave from my phone later of my trial run of the jewels to see what you guys think.

Friday morning we are going to Original Pancake house. Strawberry waffles and home fries here I come. Yay.

Cool! I used to be a raver and did all the decked out gear at one time. I've been an EDM DJ for over 5 years. I remember when Pretty Lights was just an up-and-coming midliner. Now he headlines all of his shows. Do you by chance like Bassnectar? He is always doing shows at RR.

Yes, I actually like Bassnectar as well but I've never been to their concert yet (I'm determined though!-I need to just go, I need more money haha). This will be my 3rd year going to the Pretty Lights Red Rocks concerts so I'm really excited. I look forward to it every year. Tickets sell out so fast though.

That is awesome that you are an EDM DJ. We would get along pretty well. That's my favorite type of music. I'm kind of jealous, I always thought being a DJ would be pretty fun!

Any specific genres you like more than others? I am a huge Drum & Bass fan but also like Breakbeats, Psytrance....

This is a photo from a party about 5 years ago. From what you can see my apparel was rather loud and eclectic. lol

6f0708b514dbe98696bf348cf40789176050.jpg

Awesome! Are those glow sticks too?

I like it all. Mostly anything with a lot of bass though. Love Drum and Bass. I don't even know what to categorize Pretty Lights music as but that I like it a lot. It helps calm me down when I'm stressed out.

It's funny because my second favorite type of music is old stuff like 1940's music. I'm weird like that. There is a spotify channel called electroswing or something like that and it has a lot of stuff I like (oldies mixed with electronic music)

Guys, I'm really sad because I was trying to post a picture on the random pic thread but it keeps showing up sideways no matter what I do to try to fix it. :(

Yes, there were some glow things around my neck. I was a very proficient glowsticker back then. I'll see if I can link you to some of my favorite mixes later this evening. Soundcloud is a great resource for new music.

Cool. I'm always looking for new music. I love Soundcloud. I'm sure you have a lot of stuff I've never heard of before. I know DJs are always good resources for new music (my ex was a DJ and as much as I dislike him now, I was introduced to a lot of music that I love even today).
  • FroggyBug
    Options

Ooo I like it. Is it there permanently or just for a while?
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I'm still working on getting caught up.

I went on a walk at lunch yesterday with a co-worker so that was good. I'm thinking about walking again today. :)

I have today and then half a day tomorrow for work so I'm in vacation mode already. This weekend I have my Red Rocks concerts so I'm really excited (Pretty Lights Friday and Saturday). :) Hopefully no one laughs at me since I'm older but I bought jewels for my face so I'm going to put those on and I have Glowbys for my hair (fiber optic glow barrettes for hair). I'm just going to have fun. I'll try to post a pic in the batcave from my phone later of my trial run of the jewels to see what you guys think.

Friday morning we are going to Original Pancake house. Strawberry waffles and home fries here I come. Yay.

Cool! I used to be a raver and did all the decked out gear at one time. I've been an EDM DJ for over 5 years. I remember when Pretty Lights was just an up-and-coming midliner. Now he headlines all of his shows. Do you by chance like Bassnectar? He is always doing shows at RR.

Yes, I actually like Bassnectar as well but I've never been to their concert yet (I'm determined though!-I need to just go, I need more money haha). This will be my 3rd year going to the Pretty Lights Red Rocks concerts so I'm really excited. I look forward to it every year. Tickets sell out so fast though.

That is awesome that you are an EDM DJ. We would get along pretty well. That's my favorite type of music. I'm kind of jealous, I always thought being a DJ would be pretty fun!

Any specific genres you like more than others? I am a huge Drum & Bass fan but also like Breakbeats, Psytrance....

This is a photo from a party about 5 years ago. From what you can see my apparel was rather loud and eclectic. lol

6f0708b514dbe98696bf348cf40789176050.jpg

Awesome! Are those glow sticks too?

I like it all. Mostly anything with a lot of bass though. Love Drum and Bass. I don't even know what to categorize Pretty Lights music as but that I like it a lot. It helps calm me down when I'm stressed out.

It's funny because my second favorite type of music is old stuff like 1940's music. I'm weird like that. There is a spotify channel called electroswing or something like that and it has a lot of stuff I like (oldies mixed with electronic music)

Yes, there were some glow things around my neck. I was a very proficient glowsticker back then. I'll see if I can link you to some of my favorite mixes later this evening. Soundcloud is a great resource for new music.

I have a fondness for EDM too, but I only go to shows a couple times a year these days as I find the whole scene a bit overwhelming in my older, more sober years, lol. I do listen to drum and bass while I'm running though. And FroggyBug, I love that electroswing stuff too, I know a couple local DJs who play it and it's really fun. I'm also into a DJ named Pumpkin who plays lots of older music in his set.

I'm going to post a glowstick-y and bodypainted photo of me in the batcave too so you guys can see I've got EDM cred too :tongue: lol.

I know exactly how you feel about the crowds (that's why I said hopefully no one laughs at me-I just feel like I don't belong-older than everyone and bigger too :-P ). I only go to a couple shows a year too. I would actually go to more but I'm poor. I actually save my tax refund each year for shows I want to see (usually just Pretty Lights these days).

Thank you so much for the tip on DJ Pumpkin. I'm going to look that up later. I love stuff like that.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Soooooooooo.......they updated the work network again yesterday because of some bugs from the last time. Guess who has access to the boards again?

Confession: Still insanely busy and distracted by school work and trying to get back on track with the gym outside of work, but it's progress towards coming back! :)

YAY!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    n3119ds269o8.jpg

It is a distractor unit we use to help kids be more comfortable while we do our ultrasound exam or whatever they need. Working at a chilren's place is great. They are huge on keeping the kids calm and comfortable so they don't freak out on us. Of course sometimes, it just can't be helped.

That's cool!

I do wish they had those types of things for adults too though. I couldn't relax during my MRI. It wasn't that I was nervous or anything but concentrating on keeping my leg still was making it even harder to stay still. Maybe if I had that thing to look at, it would have helped.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Oops sorry for all the post in a row guys. Like I said, I'm kind of in vacation mode so I seem to be posting more.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thank god I'm going to the doctor in a few minutes! I'm in so much pain right now it's literally making me sick! Everything from my lower back to my feet is just sharp, shooting pain, and I can barely walk. Damned (sorry Susie!)pinched nerves! :cry:
  • crosbylee
    Options

It is mobile so we can move it from room to room. There is also a projector we can put on top that shines stars on the ceiling.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Thank god I'm going to the doctor in a few minutes! I'm in so much pain right now it's literally making me sick! Everything from my lower back to my feet is just sharp, shooting pain, and I can barely walk. Damned (sorry Susie!)pinched nerves! :cry:

I'm sorry. Hope you feel better soon!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

It is mobile so we can move it from room to room. There is also a projector we can put on top that shines stars on the ceiling.

That's awesome! I bet it really helps to distract them :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    laeli_ wrote: »
    I eat straight out of the container ALL THE TIME. Also, I can down a pint of ice cream like nobody's business.

pfft! Lightweight ;)

SSP told me yesterday that if he wants to(I don't know why anyone would WANT to) he can eat an entire giant Double Dave's Pizza... yuck!

I used to be able to eat a half a Papa Murphy's Family Size stuffed pizza by myself. Now, I can MAX 2 slices. *flexes muscles*

I'm not proud of this, but I used to (regularly) order and eat potato wedges, chicken strips, a large pizza and a tub of ice cream, from Pizza Hut. I always planned to eat the wedges and strips one night, and the pizza the next. never happened. and when pizzas were on bogoff, i used to order 2, planning to eat one, save one. nup, that never happened either. I am such a pig!

I'm not proud of myself...but I have days where I can eat the world. Like, disgustingly huge amounts of food. Not sure how it all fits in there...but yeah. Kinda gross.

Same here. Then, once the eat-the-world feeling wears off, I feel so disgustingly sick/full and my stomach feels like it wants to pop, and I wonder how I could have gotten to this point of fullness without feeling the discomfort beforehand. I have no idea how it happens! It's like my stomach goes numb for a while, then suddenly feels everything at once. :s

Yep that is definitely me!

I'm surprised that so many people can relate! I always feel so much guilt and self-disgust afterwards and all alone. :(

You definitely aren't alone. I do this to myself too, I'll just keep eating until I feel sick. The worst part is there's a little voice in the back of my head that points out A) that I'm not hungry and B ) it's not going to help me reach my goal, but I keep eating anyway.

I do this too. I've been doing it more often lately. Saturday, I was eating everything I could find and I was not.even.hungry :(
  • crosbylee
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

That's awesome! I bet it really helps to distract them :)

It definitely helps with some that are too young to concentrate on a movie. Just something soothing and some background music sometimes.