Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    My coworkers put this bubble column distractor in my room and it is after lunch. I am getting sleepy. Time to get up and walk circles in my clinic.... sorry if the image is huge. Posting from my phone.

Ooo I like it. Is it there permanently or just for a while?

It is mobile so we can move it from room to room. There is also a projector we can put on top that shines stars on the ceiling.

That's awesome! I bet it really helps to distract them :)

It definitely helps with some that are too young to concentrate on a movie. Just something soothing and some background music sometimes.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: Monday morning I was in my running clothes, eating my pre-run banana...sitting on the couch watching General Hospital. I'm blaming an upset stomach but really, if I'm going to skip my morning workout, sleep might have been a better option :/
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I hate shaving. I have super sensitive skin. I make absolutely no apologies. I rarely defur and it has yet to inhibit me in any way. I just. Don't. Care. Any men who have a problem with it aren't meant to date me, and any women, well it's not your body so why do you care?
  • kecmw25
    Options
    I hate shaving. I have super sensitive skin. I make absolutely no apologies. I rarely defur and it has yet to inhibit me in any way. I just. Don't. Care. Any men who have a problem with it aren't meant to date me, and any women, well it's not your body so why do you care?

No apologies needed, you're absolutely right!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I'm going to have to get a police check and medical exam soon to apply for my Canada permanent residency and I am absolutely terrified. Not about the police check, but I KNOW I'm going to have to get a blood test and just knowing that makes me feel woozy and teary. On top of that I read a review of the place I am most likely going that said the woman giving the blood test made everything painful... oh please don't let that be the case for me.

The last time I got a blood test I passed out on the floor and woke up utterly confused and nauseous, wondering if the woman above me was my mom and being scared that I didn't remember anything. Passing out is something I have a great phobia of. :( Blegh blood tests.

Easier said than done, but try not to think about it too much before hand. And if you're prone to passing out, let the techs know ahead of time, you're not the only one who passes out, so I'm sure they'll have a way to help you, or at least move you somewhere safe before it happens.

And hey, usually you get free juice if you feel light headed or dizzy! And any blood they take OBVIOUSLY negates any calories the juice has. :wink:
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm going to have to get a police check and medical exam soon to apply for my Canada permanent residency and I am absolutely terrified. Not about the police check, but I KNOW I'm going to have to get a blood test and just knowing that makes me feel woozy and teary. On top of that I read a review of the place I am most likely going that said the woman giving the blood test made everything painful... oh please don't let that be the case for me.

The last time I got a blood test I passed out on the floor and woke up utterly confused and nauseous, wondering if the woman above me was my mom and being scared that I didn't remember anything. Passing out is something I have a great phobia of. :( Blegh blood tests.

Make sure you warn the staff, ahead of time if possible. Honestly, most nurses etc. that do a lot of blood tests are very used to people who are afraid of needles and they want to make it as easy as possible on both of you, so if you tell them that you're very frightened, they can make accommodations for you like doing the test in a bed or lounger instead of in a chair, taking extra time, and that kind of thing. They might even make sure that your appointment is with someone who usually works with children or who is known to be especially gentle.

I don't have a fear of needles but I've passed out a couple times after immunizations/bloodwork for unconfirmed reasons, so I now have to warn them beforehand in case and I can honestly say that not one person has been less than awesome about it. Even at the travel health clinic recently, the nurse gave me all my shots while I was lying on the couch to make sure I didn't topple off the chair or whatever and didn't make me feel silly about it at all. Even the pharmacist who gives me my flu shot goes out of his way to make sure I'm comfortable and safe. Don't hesitate to tell them how you feel so they can help you!
    Thanks you guys! I'll definitely warn them in advance. When I got my cap placed in my teeth and they gave me a shot to numb the area I was fine... until I wasn't. The dentist asked me with a very very concerned voice if I was ok, and just hearing him ask that made me start to feel dizzy, so he leaned me back in the chair for around 15 minutes.

Anyone ever do this? Like when your mom asks if you're ok in a very sweet voice, and you just start tearing up and wanting a hug? :lol:

YES!!
    i'm doing fine, holding it in, then someone says in that ever so concerned voice...what's going on? you don't seem ok.
    then bam! floodgates open!!
    I know - what is that?! I've had to say to friends before "Don't be kind, or I'll cry." Everyone always seems to know what that means, and will say something practical and bracing instead.

I'm the same way. Don't tell me you're sorry, or offer me hugs, or anything nice like that. Either ignore it, or make a light joke and let's all carry on. Otherwise I will bawl.

This is exactly how I was when my dog passed two years ago. I had one day of work left before I started my vacation and I knew I could make it through one day if no one was sympathetic.

I came close to losing it when my very sweet coworker neighbour asked me her usual chirpy, "So what did you do last night?" and I had to mumble an offhand, "oh, not much" when it was on the tip of my tongue to say, "Euthanized my dog".

I had the same issue when my dog was euthanized. It was over Thanksgiving weekend, so everyone was asking how Thanksgiving was and I would just mumble "it was fine" because I didn't want to get into it.

If people ask me how my horses are I always say fine. If someone specifically asks me about Oberon I let them know he is gone. I never volunteer it. I still tear up if I have to talk about it. I miss him every day.

I was like this when my Dad passed away too. It took me years to be able to volunteer that. And my cats. Any animal or person I have lost.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 I hope your appointment goes well!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thank god I'm going to the doctor in a few minutes! I'm in so much pain right now it's literally making me sick! Everything from my lower back to my feet is just sharp, shooting pain, and I can barely walk. Damned (sorry Susie!)pinched nerves! :cry:

I'm sorry. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Thanks. I put off going for all my issues for so long, I guess it all caught up with me. Some days it's not so bad, but more often than not it's pretty rough. Considering I've got all these problems at 23, I'm almost dreading what I'll be like at 50! :flushed:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Thanks. I'm hoping to get some stuff sorted out at least, and get some relief!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    If I play my cards right, I might be going to Pizza Ranch on Sunday. I'm pretty stoked about this.

What is Pizza Ranch? It sounds delightful. I hope you can rope some pizza. And maybe ride a horse.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Thank god I'm going to the doctor in a few minutes! I'm in so much pain right now it's literally making me sick! Everything from my lower back to my feet is just sharp, shooting pain, and I can barely walk. Damned (sorry Susie!)pinched nerves! :cry:

Oh no!!! I hope the doc is able to help!! Feel better soon!
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to 6 flags and became a bit dehydrated. I drank about 32 ounce of soda along with 20 ounces of water. The first time I have had soda in 3 years.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Hope you can get some relief. Let us know how the appt goes.
  • kecmw25
    Options

x2!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My coworkers put this bubble column distractor in my room and it is after lunch. I am getting sleepy. Time to get up and walk circles in my clinic.... sorry if the image is huge. Posting from my phone.

It is distracting me. What is it for? distracting me? I want one. I don't need one but I want one. :smiley:

ETA I want one in my office.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    The number on my scale keeps creeping up, daily it seems, and I can't seem to make myself care. Super frustrated with myself right now. I wonder if it is related to how busy I am at work. Maybe I can only focus and succeed at one thing at a time?

I can relate to this 100%. I'm super scared I'll gain all my weight back but I can't seem to stop eating all the food!
    One of my favorite motivational quotes.
    52866d9992948608b8f1a315b07b23dd.jpg

I love it!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    laeli_ wrote: »
    I eat straight out of the container ALL THE TIME. Also, I can down a pint of ice cream like nobody's business.

pfft! Lightweight ;)

SSP told me yesterday that if he wants to(I don't know why anyone would WANT to) he can eat an entire giant Double Dave's Pizza... yuck!

I used to be able to eat a half a Papa Murphy's Family Size stuffed pizza by myself. Now, I can MAX 2 slices. *flexes muscles*

I'm not proud of this, but I used to (regularly) order and eat potato wedges, chicken strips, a large pizza and a tub of ice cream, from Pizza Hut. I always planned to eat the wedges and strips one night, and the pizza the next. never happened. and when pizzas were on bogoff, i used to order 2, planning to eat one, save one. nup, that never happened either. I am such a pig!

I'm not proud of myself...but I have days where I can eat the world. Like, disgustingly huge amounts of food. Not sure how it all fits in there...but yeah. Kinda gross.

Same here. Then, once the eat-the-world feeling wears off, I feel so disgustingly sick/full and my stomach feels like it wants to pop, and I wonder how I could have gotten to this point of fullness without feeling the discomfort beforehand. I have no idea how it happens! It's like my stomach goes numb for a while, then suddenly feels everything at once. :s

Yep, I know this feeling as well. Every time it happens I always think, this is awful and I will never do this again. And yet, it always happens again...

Yes! It reminds me of being young and stupid drinking too much, getting hung over and swearing to never drink again. But then what do you know, the next weekend...there you are again drinking.

I've been sober 8 months now...but I can't quit food :(

8 months is awesome. Great and I mean SUPER GREAT job!!!

Thank you!! :)

Yes it is! Great job and keep on keeping on!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Thank god I'm going to the doctor in a few minutes! I'm in so much pain right now it's literally making me sick! Everything from my lower back to my feet is just sharp, shooting pain, and I can barely walk. Darned (sorry Susie!)pinched nerves! :cry:

I hope you feel better soon. Pain is so exhausting!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    If I play my cards right, I might be going to Pizza Ranch on Sunday. I'm pretty stoked about this.

What is Pizza Ranch? It sounds delightful. I hope you can rope some pizza. And maybe ride a horse.

http://www.pizzaranch.com/

I would LOVE to ride a horse. I plan on "roping" pizza, breadsticks, dessert pizza, potato wedges, and maybe even fried chicken.

• raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Oh no!!! I hope the doc is able to help!! Feel better soon!

kecmw25 wrote: »

x2!!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Thank god I'm going to the doctor in a few minutes! I'm in so much pain right now it's literally making me sick! Everything from my lower back to my feet is just sharp, shooting pain, and I can barely walk. Darned (sorry Susie!)pinched nerves! :cry:

I hope you feel better soon. Pain is so exhausting!

Thanks y'all. ❤️❤️❤️ Will definitely update afterwards!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Seconded! Okay, thirded.