Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Confession: I hate when I find somebody interesting in a thread that I might want to send a FR, but when I go to their page they haven't filled anything out or have it completely locked. How can I know if I want to FR you?!? It makes me sad. :'(

My details are quite boring, actually. Even if they were public (I don't think they are), I would get far more FRs from dazzlingly witty forum posts. You guys are dazzled, right? Guys?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Follow up confession: Sending FR's freaks me out a little. I think about, and stalk, people for awhile, trying to decide. Then, when I send it, I have little butterflies in my stomach.
  • quiksylver296
    Confession: I hate when I find somebody interesting in a thread that I might want to send a FR, but when I go to their page they haven't filled anything out or have it completely locked. How can I know if I want to FR you?!? It makes me sad. :'(

My details are quite boring, actually. Even if they were public (I don't think they are), I would get far more FRs from dazzlingly witty forum posts. You guys are dazzled, right? Guys?

Yes, actually. See above.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    I feel a little bad now. I don't allow my husband to go out to eat for lunch. I handle the finances because I'm good at it (and he isn't, as evidenced by his savings/credit situation when we met). There's no reason to go spending $10 for lunch when there are always perfectly good leftovers.

I'm a tyrant. LOL
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I feel a little bad now. I don't allow my husband to go out to eat for lunch. I handle the finances because I'm good at it (and he isn't, as evidenced by his savings/credit situation when we met). There's no reason to go spending $10 for lunch when there are always perfectly good leftovers.

I'm a tyrant. LOL

I get it, I get pissed when we have leftovers and my husband goes to work without them.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member

I'm a tyrant. LOL
    I have no trouble with this idea, but I really dislike the idea of adult partners 'allowing' each other to do things.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I'm a tyrant. LOL
    I have no trouble with this idea, but I really dislike the idea of adult partners 'allowing' each other to do things.

+1

I chuckle imagining myself trying to tell my wife she can't do something.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    So I don't actually get the "friends" thing bit here - and have no friends. I don't log anymore, so I doubt anyone would want to be friends anyway. Admittedly, I didn't know forums existed until about a year ago, so there's probably lots about this site I don't know. Does a new portion of the website open up if you have friends or something? Or it just allows you to stalk their pages?
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member

I'm a tyrant. LOL

I'm with you. It's more of a discussion we had a while ago. Occasionally, he's gone out to eat with a former colleague.

I despise it when my friends talk about how they went shopping and hid clothes or shoes in the closet so their husband wouldn't know they spent the money. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    So I don't actually get the "friends" thing bit here - and have no friends. I don't log anymore, so I doubt anyone would want to be friends anyway. Admittedly, I didn't know forums existed until about a year ago, so there's probably lots about this site I don't know. Does a new portion of the website open up if you have friends or something? Or it just allows you to stalk their pages?

It's just a good way to connect...keep each other motivated. I like it because it helps keep me on track, I know there are other people checking out what I'm doing and rooting for my progress. I get excited when I get friend requests but I feel like a creeper if I send my own.
  • quiksylver296

they can post on your newsfeed. Keeps me motivated and I get to help motivate them.
  • quiksylver296
    fitfatty88 wrote: »

It's just a good way to connect...keep each other motivated. I like it because it helps keep me on track, I know there are other people checking out what I'm doing and rooting for my progress. I get excited when I get friend requests but I feel like a creeper if I send my own.

Exactly!!!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    I packed a nice lunch of some Rotisserie Chicken leftovers, a serving of brown rice and 2 servings of vegetables, and 3 fried eggs. My work is doing a fund raiser for local charities and is selling chicago style hot dogs. I ate 2. For Charity. Don't Judge I'm helping people.

There were brownies in my office's break room, like a banquet tray full of them. I ate 3. With nuts.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    I brought a packet of Qi'a oatmeal to have for breakfast. Went down to Tim Hortons, and somehow ended up having a red velvet muffin instead :s
  • mkveli2pac
    mkveli2pac Posts: 31 Member
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.

I too have this problem. I get up every night and eat (sometimes over eat) mostly junk food. I usually wake up in the morning feeling a little disgusted that I do not do a better job of controlling or stopping it.
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member

I'm a tyrant. LOL

X's 1,000,000...if I got upset with my love for going to eat some place or even going to eat lunch to begin with...well I'd be mad all the time. I just don't sweat the small stuff...and usually don't sweat the big stuff. He is a grown adult and his mother passed away a long time ago...God rest her soul~!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    fitfatty88 wrote: »

Exactly!!!

I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one who feels that way!
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm on hearing reading threads when I should be working (I'm at work right now).
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Darn PI day!! my employer decided it was a nice thing to give out free pie today in honor of National PI day tomorrow! I did not plan on eating pie today, but of course I did, a nice delicious slice of peach pie! Who can turn down free pie?
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    I packed a nice lunch of some Rotisserie Chicken leftovers, a serving of brown rice and 2 servings of vegetables, and 3 fried eggs. My work is doing a fund raiser for local charities and is selling chicago style hot dogs. I ate 2. For Charity. Don't Judge I'm helping people.

There were brownies in my office's break room, like a banquet tray full of them. I ate 3. With nuts.

We live 1/3 mile from town, and I'm so sad our hot dog vendor isn't set up yet. Come on man, it's 55 degrees. I fully intend to use the short walk as caloric justification for having a Chicago dog for lunch 3-4 days a week.