Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate candied pecans and candy corn for lunch yesterday..today is snack day at work. I've stuck to the decently healthy stuff, but I am still eating too much.

Candied pecans sounds wonderful!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate candied pecans and candy corn for lunch yesterday..today is snack day at work. I've stuck to the decently healthy stuff, but I am still eating too much.

Candied pecans sounds wonderful!

Candied pecans are wonderful. :)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    My neighbor brought me 2 bunches of bananas that were close to being too ripe to eat, so I made banana bread. It is so yummy! (Especially the loaf I made with pecans and chocolate chips!) Thankfully it is going pretty quickly at work, so I won't have to eat it all!

Sounds so good, I would have to take something like that to work also, or I'd be doomed.

Speaking of bananas....

I have a food dryer that I love. Many years back I had bought 3 lbs of very ripe bananas for real cheap and put them in the dryer. That many usually takes 2 days to dry while flipping them once halfway through. I was very happy with the results. I quickly threw them in a zip lock bag and only took a small amount with me to work. People were curious about them so I shared them knowing I had a bunch at home that I could enjoy.

When I got home I looked everywhere for them. EVERYWHERE. They were not to be found. :/

When hubby got home, I asked him if he had seen them.

His eyes widened and said "BANANAS, Oh don't even talk to me about bananas. I came home after work yesterday and I was starving and I saw the bananas and just started eating them. I ate the whole bag." I commented to him that he had eaten what used to be 3 lbs. of bananas. I was more than a bit peeved. He continued "I suddenly got real thirsty, so I drank a lot of water." I knew what came next. "Oh, the pain. I thought I was going to explode. I had 3 lbs. of bananas looking for a new home!" It was punishment enough.

To this day, my dried bananas are safe from him.

OMG! LMAO! How long did it take him to eat a banana after that ordeal?

he doesn't
  • raymax4
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I am sadpanda because after thinking that I was so close to being allowed to do my next skating test...well, I guess I really wasn't.

There might have been some grief bacon involved. I didn't let it go too far.

Skating test?

Figure skating test, to move up to the next level...I have to master four certain set patterns. I have mastered three. The fourth is what I got the "no" from my coach on. She says I'm not ready to take the test, and she's right, but I had thought I was so close, so I got sadpanda.

Now I'm just determinedpanda...

go get em!
  • raymax4
    Options
    I confess that I spend way to much time on here reading the forums and lurking around and recording my food that I have only just eye balled as to the actual amounts.. but it seems to be working... although the weight still is not coming off as fast as I want it to..

It didn't get on that fast either. The trick is to learn new eating style that is sustainable, treats included. If you do that you will never have to think of dieting again. It takes a little getting use to, But you will succeed.
  • lakersfan89
    lakersfan89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My current boyfriend is a polar opposite of my ex and I'm finding it hard to lose weight and drop the re-gain because he is so darn sweet. He tells me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am and how sexy I am. I was 192 and losing, when I met him and I'm once again pushing 210. I'm horrified by myself and how badly I let myself go. I tried to blame him but he doesn't feed me. :( Now with School and work and kids and living together I'm finding it so hard to get back onto the wagon. I'm tottering halfway between.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My current boyfriend is a polar opposite of my ex and I'm finding it hard to lose weight and drop the re-gain because he is so darn sweet. He tells me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am and how sexy I am. I was 192 and losing, when I met him and I'm once again pushing 210. I'm horrified by myself and how badly I let myself go. I tried to blame him but he doesn't feed me. :( Now with School and work and kids and living together I'm finding it so hard to get back onto the wagon. I'm tottering halfway between.

If he is truly supportive of you, he may help you with your goals. Just bust out the food scale and start monitoring your intake. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight but you do need to be at a deficit and he might be very encouraging. Maybe ask for a nudge in the right direction. Mention that you appreciate that he finds you attractive but you want to be healthier and then give him ways that he can help you on your journey! :grin:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

If he is truly supportive of you, he may help you with your goals. Just bust out the food scale and start monitoring your intake. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight but you do need to be at a deficit and he might be very encouraging. Maybe ask for a nudge in the right direction. Mention that you appreciate that he finds you attractive but you want to be healthier and then give him ways that he can help you on your journey! :grin:

THIS!

@lakersfan89 If he is supportive, he should be supportive of your goals.

My hubby would be fine with me no matter what size I am. He also says that if my goal is to be smaller, he will change his diet to match. He encourages me to work out and has joined me. He still eats a lot more than I do (he has a hard time keeping weight on), but we are eating out less and eating healthier more.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

This is very good advice. I agree with this!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a confession, more of a rant. I almost hit three young drivers yesterday because they pulled out in front of me. One of them ran a stop sign. Two of them were turning into different grocery stores. What the heck is so important at the smurfing grocery store that you would cut off an SUV in your compact car. (thanks be to God for the good brakes on my SUV)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    It never fails that when I'm running late for work, every other person in my city wants to go at least 5 miles below the speed limit. They're so inconsiderate of my tardiness. Jerks.

It's been raining all week. Oh noes! The road is wet! I had better slow down to at least 10 mph below the posted limit! Aargh!!!

This happened here the other day. It was just rain, for Pete's sake! I always dread the first snowfall of the year, it's guaranteed I will be late for work.

Yes to both of these posts. I am so nervous for snow this year. We had another year where a TON of people moved in from other states so traffic is worse than ever anyway and I'm sure most of these people have never driven in snow before. They can't even drive when it is sprinkling out. I'm scared guys!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Confession: sometimes I feel the same way. My current boyfriend is always saying he would love me no matter what my size is etc.

My ex on the other hand wasn't very nice and would tell me how beautiful other girls were when we were out together and that always motivated me to try harder to be fit. It was a lot easier to control myself. :(

I hope that you can get back on track!
  • raymax4
    Options

Your boyfriend sounds sweet and doesn't seem to care about the weight, but that does not mean he doesn't care.
    I'll bet if you tell him what you want he and need he will be happy to help.

My hubby is the same way. He loves me no matter the weight . If I did not know that he could eye ball an object and tell me the size within an 32nd of an inch I would tell you he just did not notice.

When I told him what I wanted he was supportive. We reviewed the restaurants we frequented and found acceptable choices in each. We inserted outings that were more active like hikes. He easily altered his diet to fit what I am doing. He formulated this great spread sheet that keeps track of my weekly, monthly and yearly averages . I haven't gotten to the year one yet. He Evan became a great cheerleader. He says things like" wow you look how much more we are walking, and you are really sticking to your plan so well that's amazing.
    Don't tell him, but I try to reward him for all his support in ways that he truly appreciates.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Not exactly a confession, more of a rant. I almost hit three young drivers yesterday because they pulled out in front of me. One of them ran a stop sign. Two of them were turning into different grocery stores. What the heck is so important at the smurfing grocery store that you would cut off an SUV in your compact car. (thanks be to God for the good brakes on my SUV)

Ykes that must have been so stressful. I hope you find more peaceful driving soon.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

I get things like that too and it scares me that some of these kids might not graduate because they don't know how to drive properly. Not everyone drives defensively enough to avoid hitting them. Being that young, they think nothing will happen to them.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Confession: The main reason why I wanted to lose weight was so I would look good and find a boyfriend. I lost 67 pounds, kept it off, and still haven't had a date :'(
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Confession: The main reason why I wanted to lose weight was so I would look good and find a boyfriend. I lost 67 pounds, kept it off, and still haven't had a date :'(

You are gorgeous . You will find Mr. Right. Keep the faith!!
  • rungirl1973
    Options

What are you doing to put yourself out there to get a date? Your size isn't really what has kept you from finding somebody before now...

Mr Right is not going to walk up and ring your doorbell and ask you out.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

What are you doing to put yourself out there to get a date? Your size isn't really what has kept you from finding somebody before now...

What?! Why not?!

ETA: I wish it was that easy
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

What?! Why not?!

ETA: I wish it was that easy

I received almost that exact same advice a couple of years ago. LOL

It's true, unfortunately.

You also will rarely meet a straight man when you spend all your time with your guy friends in gay bars...