Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I should have said I didn't read this article, so I really have NO idea what it actually says. I just remember hearing about this somewhere. If the article is distasteful, I apologize. Maybe someone can find a better/less icky one? Or it might be just fine. Like I said, I have no idea, I didn't read it.

This is weird. Who knew the date rape drug would lean out body mass?

Who knew the date rape drug would help you achieve sleep? (Yes, that's my takeaway from the article!)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    petunia773 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    And speaking of old computer games, anyone else have "computer lab day" in school where your class got to go down to the computer room to play Oregon Trail on floppy disk??

Yes, Oregon Trail was the best game ever..until you died of cholera. ...

I never heard of that one. Though I remember floppy disks!

I played Oregon trail on floppy disks during elementary school!!

I remember playing that.

Do you guys remember in gym class when we had to use those stupid boards with wheels that you sat on & ran over your fingers?

Stupid?!? Those were amazing! If you walked into the gym and saw those (or the parachute) you knew it was gonna be a fun gym class!

Seriously!! The roller boards (aka dollies in the grown up world) were second only to dodgeball!!!

Between your show choices and game memories I think we could have been friends.

Haha! Class of 2005?

ETA what if we actually were friends as kids and we just don't realize it because we don't recognize each other on here??!!!! :o

I'm almost 10 years older than you?!?!?!?!?! :unamused:

Wait...what???

say-what-now-o.gif

So who was watching who's shows??? lol

The moment you look at the date stamp on that video and realize this kid is about to turn nine.

This happens to me all the time lately.

We were watching the hockey game a couple nights ago and one of the announcers said that a player was born in 1997 and I was just like :o:disappointed: Like, I'm young, right? In my head I'm still barely out of school, yet I was already in junior high when a professional athlete making millions was born.

Ummm I could probably BE your mother! Physically speaking.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    And speaking of old computer games, anyone else have "computer lab day" in school where your class got to go down to the computer room to play Oregon Trail on floppy disk??

I remember playing that.

Do you guys remember in gym class when we had to use those stupid boards with wheels that you sat on & ran over your fingers?

Stupid?!? Those were amazing! If you walked into the gym and saw those (or the parachute) you knew it was gonna be a fun gym class!

Seriously!! The roller boards (aka dollies in the grown up world) were second only to dodgeball!!!

Between your show choices and game memories I think we could have been friends.

Haha! Class of 2005?

ETA what if we actually were friends as kids and we just don't realize it because we don't recognize each other on here??!!!! :o

I'm almost 10 years older than you?!?!?!?!?! :unamused:

Mo you are not old! You are a hot momma!!

DITTO!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Also, for those that mentioned dodge ball - it was the. worst. We usually played that if you were hit you'd sit down until the person that hit you was hit, then you could get back up. All the "cool", athletic kids would hog the balls and only throw them at their buddies. Then I (very un-athletic) would end up being one of the last ones standing against the biggest jock, I never stood a chance. So most of the time I just sat down at the beginning of the game and wouldn't move. They also whipped the ball as hard as they could, so it hurt when you did get hit.

Okay, I'm done whining.

I loved dodgeball. It took zero skill. Which matched me perfectly. I was a horribly uncoordinated pudgy child.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I remember playing that.

Quik, I was thinking the same thing. I loved those scooters, and I have thought of making my own several times with dollies.

Speaking of gym class, how many of you honestly made it all the way up the rope to touch the ceiling of the gym? I did. I've always had pretty strong arms even as a puny girl child.

I never could. I did it 2 years ago in crossfit. I was beyond excited.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

This made me laugh! Totally something that I would do. I just have this weird image of you holding it under the water going 'shhhhh I'm sorry but we can't be together'.

I claim this for my Bingo card!

Dang it! I was too slow.

It's so funny in this thread now. It's like a time warp with 2 conversations going on between the folks just finding us and the old timers.
  • Oberon21
    Options

What kind of game is that? Reminds me of Leisure Suit Larry......it was all fun and games until you got VD from a hooker and died!

Woah, definitely never played that one! Hahaha

Me either. I still need to look this one up.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I should have said I didn't read this article, so I really have NO idea what it actually says. I just remember hearing about this somewhere. If the article is distasteful, I apologize. Maybe someone can find a better/less icky one? Or it might be just fine. Like I said, I have no idea, I didn't read it.

Who knew the date rape drug would help you achieve sleep? (Yes, that's my takeaway from the article!)

Shows our priorities. ;-)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    jennylm87 wrote: »
    I've been gluten-free and lactose-free for nearly 3 days now (health reasons), but I've been sneaking little treats here and there.

Good luck! I'm 21 years gf and I don't sneak treats. It gets easier.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Why oh why is my cat pulling everything out of the drawer in my bathroom when I am in the bath tub and can't stop him???

That's why.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I don't think it does. I think that if I were to go lift heavy and then take it with say casein, my sleep would be so deep that all my body could do it work on muscle recovery, which is what increases lean muscle mass. I'd rather use melatonin to improve sleep. CNS depression is a dangerous road.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Shows our priorities. ;-)

I missed @ythannah's comment originally, but how else would the date rape drug work? Give it to victim. Victim goes to sleep. Rape victim. Victim wakes up violated and likely unable to tell anyone who did it. It's incredibly evil...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    jennylm87 wrote: »
    I've been gluten-free and lactose-free for nearly 3 days now (health reasons), but I've been sneaking little treats here and there.

I quit gluten cold turkey in 2011 and I have used lactase enzymes when I eat dairy since I was 18. I felt better within 2 days of eliminating gluten. There is no treat worth being sick for, IMO.
    OTOH, my sweet daughter made me GF cookies yesterday. Then the so and so dog stole them. (One if the kids left the cookie plate where she could reach it by standing on a chair.)
    Confession: I didn't log the two cookies I did eat.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Why oh why is my cat pulling everything out of the drawer in my bathroom when I am in the bath tub and can't stop him???

LOL. I think you answered your own question. (Because you can't stop him.)

I was going to say the same!
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    You know what I can't seem to eat in moderation? Garlic bread. Delicious garlic bread. I probably put away half a loaf last night all by myself.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

LOL. I think you answered your own question. (Because you can't stop him.)

I think it's because he's mad at you for traveling so much lately. Revenge. :D
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    You know what I can't seem to eat in moderation? Garlic bread. Delicious garlic bread. I probably put away half a loaf last night all by myself.

Now I am going to have to make GF garlic bread....mmmmmm....
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

I, too, have trouble with this delicious food. It doesn't help that I usually have it with some type of pasta as well. Carb city!
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    We actually had it with venison chili, but really, I was kind of an animal about it. I told my husband there wasn't any left so I could bring the last piece to work with me to have with lunch.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    We actually had it with venison chili, but really, I was kind of an animal about it. I told my husband there wasn't any left so I could bring the last piece to work with me to have with lunch.

That's funny. Double plus good that you had venison chili....