Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon

I meant older as in seconds or days before I changed??

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;) I haven't come across any quotes tho.

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.

I had a bad case in 2014. I got the injection in my foot, did a TON of stretching and wear inserts in my shoes and haven't had any problems since. I run anywhere between 0-50 miles per week. LOL

I signed up for three races today, including the Tucson marathon. I'm still just building endurance and mileage slowly. Two miles on a 2.5% incline today. I am excited. I also finally told SO that I'm doing it. He is fully on board as consultant and coach. Yay!!! First up, a five K next month. A 10 K in March (or early April, I have to look) and I'm looking over some halfs in the summer months. There is one called "bucket of blood" (YIKES).

That's awesome! I was crazy and signed up for five races (two halfs, 1 10K, 2 15K) this spring too and I am so excited and a bit freaked out as I really only started running in, what, October?

Is the "bucket of blood" one themed or something, or is it just terrifying? :lol:

You are going to love racing. :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

YAYYY!!! I demand pictures!!

I'm sure there will be tons of pictures. Speaking of pictures, I probably should figure out what I'm going to wear, mother of the bride and all...

Have a safe trip and I know you will look great!!
    I am going to sign myself up for the Insane Inflatable 5K. It just looks too fun. I may or may not also sign up for the Gritty Goddess again. Still thinking about it.

What is an insane inflatable 5K?

A 5K obstacle course of bouncy houses for big people!!! They are all over the country. The one in my area comes up in late March.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon

I meant older as in seconds or days before I changed??

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;) I haven't come across any quotes tho.

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.

I had a bad case in 2014. I got the injection in my foot, did a TON of stretching and wear inserts in my shoes and haven't had any problems since. I run anywhere between 0-50 miles per week. LOL

I signed up for three races today, including the Tucson marathon. I'm still just building endurance and mileage slowly. Two miles on a 2.5% incline today. I am excited. I also finally told SO that I'm doing it. He is fully on board as consultant and coach. Yay!!! First up, a five K next month. A 10 K in March (or early April, I have to look) and I'm looking over some halfs in the summer months. There is one called "bucket of blood" (YIKES).

That's awesome! I was crazy and signed up for five races (two halfs, 1 10K, 2 15K) this spring too and I am so excited and a bit freaked out as I really only started running in, what, October?

Is the "bucket of blood" one themed or something, or is it just terrifying? :lol:

You are going to love racing. :)

I hope so! I can't wait to run with that extra motivation from other people and a timing chip!
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

I'm sure there will be tons of pictures. Speaking of pictures, I probably should figure out what I'm going to wear, mother of the bride and all...

I am going to sign myself up for the Insane Inflatable 5K. It just looks too fun. I may or may not also sign up for the Gritty Goddess again. Still thinking about it.

A 5K obstacle course of bouncy houses for big people!!! They are all over the country. The one in my area comes up in late March.

Searching for this now in Canada, because it sounds like a riot.
  • peleroja
    Options
    Just found this!

http://www.5kfoamfest.ca/the-run/obstacles/

Not quite the same but it also looks hilarious.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    (apparently you can't carry quotes over the pages, but to those ppl who commented on my photo) Yes it is R2-D2! My running partner wears leg warmers all the time and she keeps trying to get me to try them, and once I was told no more running she told me I had to make Star Wars themed leg warmers. I was going to do R2-D2 and C-3PO but I can't find gold yarn, so I'm doing the other one as BB-8.
  • Myles_104
    Options
    Just found this!

I looked into the foam ones, but apparently by the time they get to mid-canada they run out of foam. This year the reviews weren't that good.
  • peleroja
    Options
    Just found this!

I looked into the foam ones, but apparently by the time they get to mid-canada they run out of foam. This year the reviews weren't that good.

But there are inflatables and a 50-ft slip n' slide, how bad could it be?
  • Oberon21
    Options

<3.

That sounds fun!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    (apparently you can't carry quotes over the pages, but to those ppl who commented on my photo) Yes it is R2-D2! My running partner wears leg warmers all the time and she keeps trying to get me to try them, and once I was told no more running she told me I had to make Star Wars themed leg warmers. I was going to do R2-D2 and C-3PO but I can't find gold yarn, so I'm doing the other one as BB-8.

That is awesome!
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Just found this!

Now you are tempting me to head north!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just found this!

They do those all over the US, but going to Canada would be so much more fun!
  • Myles_104
    Options
    Just found this!

Plus for all the Americans, Canada is having a 40% off sale. (Thanks, weak Canadian dollar :( )

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Just found this!

Do we need a trip to Canada?! Canada 2018!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just found this!

Do we need a trip to Canada?! Canada 2018!!

Oh, Canada is much closer for me than Vegas. Annual trips for the win!

ETA: well, not ALL of Canada. Toronto is close. Niagara Falls...
  • crosbylee
    Options
    That sounds great. After Vegas, a yearly meet up trip for all who can make it!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

<3.

That's exciting! Only you don't look very excited...

Driving 500 miles is anything but exciting. (it was 515 from my driveway to Tamara's dorm at Mississippi State.)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    That sounds great. After Vegas, a yearly meet up trip for all who can make it!

IN! :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

<3.

They set up inflatables throughout the course and you have to climb through them and then run to the next one. I have never run one, but they are fun to watch...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm going out for cheese fries with a girlfriend of mine tonight. I plan on logging them even if they put me close to 1000+ calories over my daily calorie goal. #itsformysanity

FIFY

Thanks, Mel!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I love this....