Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

YAYYY!!! I demand pictures!!

I'm sure there will be tons of pictures. Speaking of pictures, I probably should figure out what I'm going to wear, mother of the bride and all...

Have a safe trip and I know you will look great!!
    I am going to sign myself up for the Insane Inflatable 5K. It just looks too fun. I may or may not also sign up for the Gritty Goddess again. Still thinking about it.

What is an insane inflatable 5K?

They set up inflatables throughout the course and you have to climb through them and then run to the next one. I have never run one, but they are fun to watch...

That does sound fun. I am surprised I haven't heard of them.

That is my kind of race. It sounds like SO much fun!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    (apparently you can't carry quotes over the pages, but to those ppl who commented on my photo) Yes it is R2-D2! My running partner wears leg warmers all the time and she keeps trying to get me to try them, and once I was told no more running she told me I had to make Star Wars themed leg warmers. I was going to do R2-D2 and C-3PO but I can't find gold yarn, so I'm doing the other one as BB-8.

I love this....
    If I ever find gold, I'm making a third to be like C-3PO and then I will have choices. Lol.

The inflatable run sounds like way too much fun.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

I'm sure there will be tons of pictures. Speaking of pictures, I probably should figure out what I'm going to wear, mother of the bride and all...

I am going to sign myself up for the Insane Inflatable 5K. It just looks too fun. I may or may not also sign up for the Gritty Goddess again. Still thinking about it.

What is an insane inflatable 5K?

They set up inflatables throughout the course and you have to climb through them and then run to the next one. I have never run one, but they are fun to watch...

That does sound fun. I am surprised I haven't heard of them.

That is my kind of race. It sounds like SO much fun!

Especially the slip and slide!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

<3.

Just googled the Insane Inflatable 5K & that does look fun.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon

I meant older as in seconds or days before I changed??

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;) I haven't come across any quotes tho.

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.
    THIS! Exactly. Except, I have Spinal Stenosis, and herniated disks and I need to wait for the neurosurgeon to decide whether or not I need surgical decompression of the spine. :( no HIIT, no heavy bags, I can't even bend and tie my sons skates.
    I was up to 25 miles a week, as well as 10+ miles of walking as well (I live in a tiny town, so I don't drive anywhere) And so this inactivity thing just SUCKS.

I'm very scared that since I can't be as active as I was I'm going to regain all the weight I lost plus friends. Or I'm going to lose muscle tone, and be skinny flabby

Hi Myles! Are you north, south, east or west of Winterpeg? I'm in northwestern Ontario myself.

I'm sorry for your forced inactivity.

Hi Glinda, I'm just south of the Winterpeg, all my activities are in the city actually.

I'm a bit of a weirdo and when I hear Northwestern Ontario my mind goes to Atikoken. Am I close? lol.

and @Oberon21 nope, its a late 1970s style, but not vivid, I need to figure out how to get the pics on my phone on to here. (Finger crossed that worked)
    c34ulzw3goyn.jpg

Reminds me of R2D2.
    Is that on purpose?

I thought it was Star Wars looking too, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Just found this!

http://www.5kfoamfest.ca/the-run/obstacles/

Not quite the same but it also looks hilarious.

I looked into the foam ones, but apparently by the time they get to mid-canada they run out of foam. This year the reviews weren't that good.

But there are inflatables and a 50-ft slip n' slide, how bad could it be?

Now you are tempting me to head north!!
    They do those all over the US, but going to Canada would be so much more fun!

Plus for all the Americans, Canada is having a 40% off sale. (Thanks, weak Canadian dollar :( )

:/
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    That sounds great. After Vegas, a yearly meet up trip for all who can make it!

IN! :p

Ditto!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a skirt and tights today and I'm considering not drinking anything so I don't have to bother with the bathroom. The tights are a PITA to take off.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a skirt and tights today and I'm considering not drinking anything so I don't have to bother with the bathroom. The tights are a PITA to take off.

this made me giggle :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

<3.

That's exciting! Only you don't look very excited...

Driving 500 miles is anything but exciting. (it was 515 from my driveway to Tamara's dorm at Mississippi State.)

Sorry, I was thinking about your daughter getting married. Yeah, driving that far would not be exciting at all
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

<3 I'd totally do the same thing :p
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Haha awesome confession!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

But you sound adorable. Picture?
  • MoHousdon
    edited January 2016
    Options
    jt4w1kcg7dah.jpg
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOTHER THREAD!!! I cannot believe we've been confessing our souls to "strangers" on the internet for a year already.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Today's confessions: I am hoarding Oreos in my nightstand because I don't want to share them with anyone else in my house. I also purposely buy stuff no one likes so I can have it all to myself. I do not feel bad about either of these things.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Today's confessions: I am hoarding Oreos in my nightstand because I don't want to share them with anyone else in my house. I also purposely buy stuff no one likes so I can have it all to myself. I do not feel bad about either of these things.

I confessed my dresser drawer hoard already. That backfired on me, though, because I ATE THEM ALL in three days... I confess I am currently determining a new stash place. I'm thinking about the closet in the office. No one ever goes in there. Or maybe the top of the coat closet, but that might be too close to my bedroom.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Ahahaha. Can I post Lonely Island gifs now?!
    99meheucq19i.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

this made me giggle :)

Me too!

I hate when you're wearing pants that are too tight, & you constantly have to go to the bathroom.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Don't blame you!

Who would eat them? Husband or daughter?