Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Oh sheesh um...
    I can't eat peanut butter because I have really crappy self control;

I hid the peanut butter from my teenage daughter because she will eat half the jar in one sitting. She is slender and healthy and fine but then she rants about how mad she is at herself for eating so much... I hide it under a bag of lettuce in the veggie drawer -- she didn't look there.

:wink:
    I think this was my first.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession: I JUST realized there's a search function for within a thread :# I obviously use that feature a lot. Off to find my first post!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Oh sheesh um...
    I can't eat peanut butter because I have really crappy self control;

I hid the peanut butter from my teenage daughter because she will eat half the jar in one sitting. She is slender and healthy and fine but then she rants about how mad she is at herself for eating so much... I hide it under a bag of lettuce in the veggie drawer -- she didn't look there.

:wink:
    I think this was my first.

Love it!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS!!! I have ONE LAST PHONE CALL to listen to!!! I'm almost done!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU GUYS!!! I have ONE LAST PHONE CALL to listen to!!! I'm almost done!!!!!!!!!!

AH! I'm so happy to hear this!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    I've been reading this post for a couple of days and it keeps sucking me in so I figured it was time for my confession. I haven't posted anything on this site yet...so here's my very first MFP post!

I had gastric bypass surgery in February of 2008 at the starting weight of 283 lbs. I was able to get down to 156 with a goal weight of 150. Well, I was having a hard time losing those last 6 pounds to what I thought I should weigh and then started slowly gaining it back. Since that time I went through a divorce, not messy, but still sucked. I've also had my share of new relationships and heartbreaks and it seems like every heartbreak caused me to put more weight on. I'm now at 224 lbs as of this morning and I CANNOT believe I've let myself gain that much back! That's why I'm here. I've probably succeeded in reversing the surgery by eating so much. And no food is off-limits anymore. I am able to eat pretty much any food without suffering the consequences that I had after first having the surgery. No more "dumping" when something doesn't agree with me. I do notice that there are times that I feel full but nothing like it was in the first months after surgery.

My first goal is to get under 200 lbs. Then I'll figure out what weight I will be happy at and be able to maintain.

Also, I'm not big on exercising. I have the treadmill/clothes rack collecting dust in my bedroom. I'm in Wisconsin and hate the cold so walking outside does not appeal to me at all. I'd love to join the gym with a couple of friends from work and go with them at lunch to work out, but my finances will not allow me to do that either.

Thanks for reading. :smile:

Here is my very first post...on this thread AND on MFP!
    February 5
  • petunia773
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been reading this post for a couple of days and it keeps sucking me in so I figured it was time for my confession. I haven't posted anything on this site yet...so here's my very first MFP post!

I had gastric bypass surgery in February of 2008 at the starting weight of 283 lbs. I was able to get down to 156 with a goal weight of 150. Well, I was having a hard time losing those last 6 pounds to what I thought I should weigh and then started slowly gaining it back. Since that time I went through a divorce, not messy, but still sucked. I've also had my share of new relationships and heartbreaks and it seems like every heartbreak caused me to put more weight on. I'm now at 224 lbs as of this morning and I CANNOT believe I've let myself gain that much back! That's why I'm here. I've probably succeeded in reversing the surgery by eating so much. And no food is off-limits anymore. I am able to eat pretty much any food without suffering the consequences that I had after first having the surgery. No more "dumping" when something doesn't agree with me. I do notice that there are times that I feel full but nothing like it was in the first months after surgery.

My first goal is to get under 200 lbs. Then I'll figure out what weight I will be happy at and be able to maintain.

Also, I'm not big on exercising. I have the treadmill/clothes rack collecting dust in my bedroom. I'm in Wisconsin and hate the cold so walking outside does not appeal to me at all. I'd love to join the gym with a couple of friends from work and go with them at lunch to work out, but my finances will not allow me to do that either.

Thanks for reading. :smile:

February 5

My very first thread post which also happens to be my very first MFP post.
  • petunia773
    Options
    Sorry I posted that twice. The first one appeared to get hung up and I didn't think it posted so I did it again. Oh well.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Sorry I posted that twice. The first one appeared to get hung up and I didn't think it posted so I did it again. Oh well.

It's okay every time you post we get to see that sweet Harley face :*<3
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I'm doubly ashamed of myself for enjoying the meal and not working out :(

I did this Thursday, ate a huge meal, thinking I was going to the gym and then didn't make it. I am not ashamed, however. In my almost two years here and 20+ battling bulimia and then just bingeing, I have finally learned that life happens and sometimes you just have to enjoy it when you get the chance. (At 21, I weighed 138, my boy fat was 7.5% and my BMR was 800. At 44, I weighed 200 lbs and told the "health coaches" at my job that I would rather be fat than purging. Praise G-d, I've found the middle ground.)

Confession: I just ate a brownie for breakfast. :)

Found it, July 5.
    I confess that I don't remember when I started reading and that I always just jumped in again when I was behind. I think I only posted this because I didn't want the confessor to feel guilty about enjoying food or to feel alone.
  • petunia773
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

It's okay every time you post we get to see that sweet Harley face :*<3

Aww!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession: I JUST realized there's a search function for within a thread :# I obviously use that feature a lot. Off to find my first post!

Did you find your first post??

How do you search it?
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Looks like I found my first post. March 27, 2015 on page 246. I was still in school back then!
    I'm very indecisive. My mind goes back and forth between "I don't really need to lose weight.... maybe I should just try to firm up!" and "I'm so disgusting and fat. I'll never look good.'' Mostly the latter. This is why I need to check out this place and get some positive energy going. I'm sure there are tons of people on here who can relate. It still sucks, though.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

How do you search it?
    You click the search icon next to the page numbers and then click the dropdown list. From there you can type your username into the "author" box and the very last page will have your first post on it!

ETA: You seem to have made more posts than me, so I couldn't find yours on the last page by doing that. Instead I typed in "within 2 months of March 30, 2015" and found it that way. Your first post is on page 34! @Italian_Buju
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to confess and this seems as good a place as any (particularly as if I told my super healthy work colleague he'd most definitely judge me - in fact it might be hard for anyone not to judge)

Last night I actually ate so much that I was sick! A definite new low for me and I'm disgusted in myself, particularly as I've been doing so well. Not sure what I'm most disgusted by - the fact I ate 'till I threw up ....or that my first thought afterwards was 'at least that's some calories gone!'

I hang my head in shame :(

On a more positive note- congratulations on making a year (very nearly)of this thread!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    At my heaviest, I used to sit on the remote unknowingly. I know what you're thinking, how do you sit on a remote and not know or see it? The answer is, I've got NO flipping clue. Seriously, I would sit down without looking down. Then I look for the remote and find out I was sitting on it. I was so dang heavy I didn't feel it! I laugh at this now but back then it was an eye opener to lose weight!

This still happens to me :(
    Oh, I don't do it for anybody else--it would bother ME if I didn't shave my legs. I only need to do it twice a week or so to keep up.

Between swimming a couple of times a week, doing dance fitness in capris about three times a week, dance practicas in capris, and wearing dresses, I guess I am bare-legged a lot, even in Winter.

I also do it for me. All year round, whether I'm seeing someone or single. I'd feel gross if I didn't do any hair maintenance all Winter. Is it just legs people let go or is everything left to grow wild?

I shave everything, all year round. Those ounces add up ;)

These were my first two posts on this thread. March 19th. Page 184. I had been reading along though.

I had 100 pages on my search results. Thats's scary!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    I feel the need to confess and this seems as good a place as any (particularly as if I told my super healthy work colleague he'd most definitely judge me - in fact it might be hard for anyone not to judge)

Last night I actually ate so much that I was sick! A definite new low for me and I'm disgusted in myself, particularly as I've been doing so well. Not sure what I'm most disgusted by - the fact I ate 'till I threw up ....or that my first thought afterwards was 'at least that's some calories gone!'

On a more positive note- congratulations on making a year (very nearly)of this thread!

No judgement! At least you know where your limit is now, and you can work backwards from there. Try not to dwell on it, it has happened and now you can move forward into a new day. That wagon is still trundling. Get on it!
  • orangesmartie
    edited January 2016
    Options
    double post
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

How do you search it?

I did! It was about Ben and Jerry's of course haha I'll find it again!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I've done that...and thought the same thing. Absolutely no judgment here!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

No judgment, but please don't do it again. :-) Go find some Fresh Prince of BelAir on Netflix instead...it's still funny.