Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So this morning I had this conversation with my friend Stacy:
    S: What are you giving up? Coffee?
    Me: You know I'm not going to tell you. But thanks.
    S: For what?
    Me: For thinking I have enough faith to give up coffee for 47 days. That makes me feel good.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

2) I really only partake in cocktails once per week, but when I do I tend to hit it a bit hard. I often wonder if that makes me a functional alcoholic.

3) I am not sure I will ever be truly happy with my body/how I look no matter what. I can always find room for a lot of improvement. I am not sure if that is a good, motivational thing or a self-deprecating thing.

I feel the same way about being completely happy with my body. I compare a LOT and I'm trying my best to stop but I feel like its only human nature to do so from time to time. I've always had bigger legs/thighs and a butt, I would love to just tone them up but I feel like it'll never happen :/
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    This plane is soooo hot and I am in a wool sweater. Going on an hour and a half sitting on runway. I could be wearing a trash bag given how hot I am... I guess we determined that didn't help us lose weight. ..

I-22!!!

Remember it has to be a newbie post. I don't count.

Newbie or innocent! I'm going with innocent, and @MelissaPhippsFeagins gave it to me! I am totally winning this week!

Hey, Mel. What if there aren't enough confessions in one week. Is it person with the most squares, or are we going to continue until we have a winner?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I got hangry yesterday and went a bit out of control. Peanut butter does NOT mix well with leftover buffalo chicken dip. (I didn't eat them together, but one right after the other. :s )
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Me: For thinking I have enough faith to give up coffee for 47 days. That makes me feel good.

:p

My sister said she is giving up diet soda for Lent.

I once asked a manager what he could live without coffee or cigarettes. He responded definitely cigarettes.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: I got hangry yesterday and went a bit out of control. Peanut butter does NOT mix well with leftover buffalo chicken dip. (I didn't eat them together, but one right after the other. :s )

Ewww that sounds so gross.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I once asked a manager what he could live without coffee or cigarettes. He responded definitely cigarettes.

I saw something today about how bad diet soda is for you. I had completely stopped drinking it but after giving up candy and wine, I need SOMETHING. I am not giving up diet mountain dew and diet dr. Pepper and diet coke. Not happening.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Ha! I had no problem quitting coffee. No heeadaches, etc. But I was sooo tired. I had to start again.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I saw something today about how bad diet soda is for you. I had completely stopped drinking it but after giving up candy and wine, I need SOMETHING. I am not giving up diet mountain dew and diet dr. Pepper and diet coke. Not happening.

I figure I'm going to die of something... I don't drink a lot of soda, but when I do, it's diet. *shrug
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Ewww that sounds so gross.

It wasn't my finest hour. :/
  • Oberon21
    Options

I figure I'm going to die of something... I don't drink a lot of soda, but when I do, it's diet. *shrug

Agreed
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

Not judging, but why give up coffee altogether? Coffee itself is good for you and has almost zero calories, it is all of the additives that cause issues. Commit to drinking it black!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I always say you only live once :p. I need my Diet Mountain Dew to function & not go postal at work.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »

Not judging, but why give up coffee altogether? Coffee itself is good for you and has almost zero calories, it is all of the additives that cause issues. Commit to drinking it black!

Because it was meant to be a Lental sacrifice. It had nothing to do with if it was good for you or not.....
  • quiksylver296
    Options

You missed the whole Lent discussion, @Bry_Lander. ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Can someone (Not Quik) post the Bingo card again?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Can someone (Not Quik) post the Bingo card again?

What's wrong with my bingo card?!? :'(

4gm9mzr8ejzp.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    This plane is soooo hot and I am in a wool sweater. Going on an hour and a half sitting on runway. I could be wearing a trash bag given how hot I am... I guess we determined that didn't help us lose weight. ..

I-22!!!

Remember it has to be a newbie post. I don't count.

Newbie or innocent! I'm going with innocent, and @MelissaPhippsFeagins gave it to me! I am totally winning this week!

Hey, Mel. What if there aren't enough confessions in one week. Is it person with the most squares, or are we going to continue until we have a winner?

Continue until we have a winner. I was thinking this could take a while, but I don't know now, with you getting 2 in one day.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Lent. I always give up one food I really enjoy. I did give up half and half and non-dairy creamer last year. Stacy knows coffee is my favorite beverage. It's not a bad guess, but I try not to tell people what I have sacrificed until Easter so I wouldn't have said yes or no either way.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Page 1750!