Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I'll join the #lentchallenge
    I'm not Catholic but Lent is the one thing I do every year. This year I'm going to be abstaining from chips and chocolate bars, and adding in no complaining.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, I understand your point of view (that it is between God and you) I do let people know so that they don't unintentionally sabotage (like my husband bringing home chips from the store, or grabbing me a chocolate bar when getting gas).

Eh, my husband is not responsible for my abstinence from item X. He is Protestant through and through and only observes Lent as far I won't serve meat in my home on Fridays until Easter. I don't even always tell him what I am doing, but he usually figures it out. Part of the sacrifice is that I may encounter the item x in my daily life and be tempted by it.
    And, I have had people (my husband's birth mother included) offer me the thing I am abstaining from to try and trip me up if they knew what it was. It's interesting how some people behave in the face of my trying to practice self control.

How very sad of them to try to derail you.

My in-laws are just very sad people and I don't work with the coworker who used to do it anymore, so it's all good. He was just an all around jerk.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm not Catholic but Lent is the one thing I do every year. This year I'm going to be abstaining from chips and chocolate bars, and adding in no complaining.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, I understand your point of view (that it is between God and you) I do let people know so that they don't unintentionally sabotage (like my husband bringing home chips from the store, or grabbing me a chocolate bar when getting gas).

Eh, my husband is not responsible for my abstinence from item X. He is Protestant through and through and only observes Lent as far I won't serve meat in my home on Fridays until Easter. I don't even always tell him what I am doing, but he usually figures it out. Part of the sacrifice is that I may encounter the item x in my daily life and be tempted by it.
    And, I have had people (my husband's birth mother included) offer me the thing I am abstaining from to try and trip me up if they knew what it was. It's interesting how some people behave in the face of my trying to practice self control.

My in-laws are just very sad people and I don't work with the coworker who used to do it anymore, so it's all good. He was just an all around jerk.

In another thread, I saw this spelled "co-irker." I love that play on words!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

:D That's funny and sometimes appropriate
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to start doing something else for breakfast. I'm getting tired of drinking protein shakes every morning. :(

Really? I love my protein shake. What,about oatmeal?

Oatmeal doesn't fill me up and it's definitely lacking in the protein department.

Liquid calories are tough, they never seem that satiating. I eat overnight oats for breakfast and as an after dinner snack every day - combine 15gs of plain oats, 1 container of Greek yogurt, and a half scoop of protein powder and let sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. The combination is low fat with almost 30gs of protein, and is heavier and more filling than just a plain yogurt or protein shake.

Hmmmm, I am interested in this. How many calories? Do you rotate different protein powders for different flavors?

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296
    I generally buy the protein powder in bulk, so i have the same flavor for quite awhile, but it generally doesn't overwhelm the overall taste because you mostly taste the yogurt.

Here are the stats from this morning's mix (I don't like peach, which is included in a variety pack, so I mix it with a different flavor, so that is why there is half of each flavor. I mix two servings at a time, FYI):

Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 0.1875 cup dry 56 cals
    Mp Combat Powder - Protein Powder- Cookies N Cream, 0.51 scoop 72 cals
    Chobani Blueberry - Greek Yogurt, 0.5 container 65 cals
    Chobani - Greek Yogurt - Peach - Nonfat, 2.65 oz. 60 cals

Over all, that is 253 calories, 32g carbs, 2g fat, and 27g protein.

@MoHousdon no cooking required

This sounds awesome, I'm going to have to try it thanks @Bry_Lander
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to start doing something else for breakfast. I'm getting tired of drinking protein shakes every morning. :(

Oatmeal doesn't fill me up and it's definitely lacking in the protein department.

Liquid calories are tough, they never seem that satiating. I eat overnight oats for breakfast and as an after dinner snack every day - combine 15gs of plain oats, 1 container of Greek yogurt, and a half scoop of protein powder and let sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. The combination is low fat with almost 30gs of protein, and is heavier and more filling than just a plain yogurt or protein shake.

Hmmmm, I am interested in this. How many calories? Do you rotate different protein powders for different flavors?

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296
    I generally buy the protein powder in bulk, so i have the same flavor for quite awhile, but it generally doesn't overwhelm the overall taste because you mostly taste the yogurt.

Here are the stats from this morning's mix (I don't like peach, which is included in a variety pack, so I mix it with a different flavor, so that is why there is half of each flavor. I mix two servings at a time, FYI):

I have plain Greek yogurt, but I also have multiple flavors of protein powder. I'm going to play around with this and see!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

I have plain Greek yogurt, but I also have multiple flavors of protein powder. I'm going to play around with this and see!

Report back.

Also, what is 0.1875 of a cup?!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

Report back.

I don't know. I was going to go for approximately 60 calories in grams.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

Report back.

It is just the annoying way that someone built the food entry. There wasn't a weight measurement (annoying, but I'm too lazy to build a new entry), but a half cup serving =40 grams, so 15 grams - .1875 of a cup. Ugly, lol.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

Report back.

Well, how in the world do you figure that out?!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

Report back.

It is just the annoying way that someone built the food entry. There wasn't a weight measurement (annoying, but I'm too lazy to build a new entry), but a half cup serving =40 grams, so 15 grams - .1875 of a cup. Ugly, lol.

Yeah. I don't know where some of the entries come from. I logged a personal pizza yesterday that came up with 384 grams of fat! :anguished:
  • quiksylver296
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

Report back.

Well, how in the world do you figure that out?!

I would look at my box of oats, see how many calories in a whole serving, and divide.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

Report back.

Yeah. I don't know where some of the entries come from. I logged a personal pizza yesterday that came up with 384 grams of fat! :anguished:

I know, so many of these entries are worthless. I was hoping Under Armour was going to clean things up when they bought MFP
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: whenever I have an exam in the morning I eat dessert for breakfast. I'm not sure where this belief/practice came from, but vegan coconut cookies are delicious, so :)

I think this is a fabulous idea. Do you ace your exams, @LadyAbsynthe?

Of course! ;)
    related fun fact: according to Russian superstition, you shouldn't make your bed on the day of an exam. So I have an excuse to be lazy *and* eat cookies for breakfast.

It's not an excuse, you HAVE to leave your bed unmade and eat cookies for breakfast!

Exactly!
    Confession: whenever I have an exam in the morning I eat dessert for breakfast. I'm not sure where this belief/practice came from, but vegan coconut cookies are delicious, so :)

Hey! Haven't seen you in a while!,Welcome back!

Thanks! This thread doesn't show up for some reason unless it's the most recently replied to? Otherwise I never see it. It's weird.

When I first started my weight loss I would always eat ice cream for breakfast.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

Report back.

My favorite is the entry for a Birdseye Asian Blend that had around 3,000 grams in cholesterol for the whole pack.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

It usually doesn't fill me up either.

Still fills me up more than an apple.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

Do you eat it hot or cold though?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296

Report back.

My favorite is the entry for a Birdseye Asian Blend that had around 3,000 grams in cholesterol for the whole pack.

The personal pizza I logged the other day I picked from a list. It was 1000 calories or nearly. I think it was thick crust, but I figured it was more than I ate and frankly, I was over regardless, so didn't care. But some of the entries are just plain weird.
  • Oberon21
    Options

oooh that would be the majority of the people I work with! Well, not truly. But many...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Registered for the Rock and Roll Marathon DC. I think this one is going to be fun!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Patrica. I can't decide which set of pictures I like the best, A snow run looks like fun but how did you keep your feet warm and dry in running shoes? The first snow picture made me want go cross country skiing then I noticed that the snow was too shallow,
    Line dancing looks like fun.
    Awe Emilia, I just want to pet her soft belly but don't want to wake her.