Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I ate at maintenance today :x and I feel a sort of terrible about it. Oh well. Tomorrow will be better! And it will be friday!

Amen.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Crosbylee
    We got Blue Bell Butter Crunch last Saturday and even though I was over calories already I measured out a serving. I agree it is so tasty. I hope they make their caramel turtle fudge cheese cake soon I still remember that from 2 years ago.
    Crosbylee
    We got Blue Bell Butter Crunch last Saturday and even though I was over calories already I measured out a serving. I agree it is so tasty. I hope they make their caramel turtle fudge cheese cake soon I still remember that from 2 years ago.

Mmmm sounds fabulous
  • Oberon21
    edited February 2016
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I'm going to the local MMA fights Saturday night. Woo hoo! I'm excited! It will, however, be difficult to maintain my #soberdays streak... :#

Very cool! You may have to let @Oberon21 win :wink:

That made me cringe. I'm so freakin' competitive! LOL

No you don't. I didn't drink tonight after a really rough work day and dinner with friends at a fabulous restaurant. You are not allowed to drink at a caveman like entertainment event where people beat each other up.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Registered for the Rock and Roll Marathon DC. I think this one is going to be fun!

Forgive the ignorance, but what is the Rock and Roll Marathon? (Rock is the only thing that makes running even a little bearable so that sounds awesome.)

It's a series of Marathons where they have bands at every mile marker. They have them all over the country. I have done Seattle and Portland. I am doing Nashville in April. They are fun. Usually a concert at the end too or something along those lines.

Which bands are playing?

Usually local nobodies. The Nashville one apparently had a good concert with a well known country star too.

It's amazing the amount of talent you can hear in a random bar on a Tuesday night (or any night of the week) in Nashville. The concert at the end is usually a headliner.

I can imagine with all these people trying to make it in Nashville.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to start doing something else for breakfast. I'm getting tired of drinking protein shakes every morning. :(

Really? I love my protein shake. What,about oatmeal?

Oatmeal doesn't fill me up and it's definitely lacking in the protein department.

Liquid calories are tough, they never seem that satiating. I eat overnight oats for breakfast and as an after dinner snack every day - combine 15gs of plain oats, 1 container of Greek yogurt, and a half scoop of protein powder and let sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. The combination is low fat with almost 30gs of protein, and is heavier and more filling than just a plain yogurt or protein shake.

Hmmmm, I am interested in this. How many calories? Do you rotate different protein powders for different flavors?

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296
    I generally buy the protein powder in bulk, so i have the same flavor for quite awhile, but it generally doesn't overwhelm the overall taste because you mostly taste the yogurt.

Here are the stats from this morning's mix (I don't like peach, which is included in a variety pack, so I mix it with a different flavor, so that is why there is half of each flavor. I mix two servings at a time, FYI):

Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 0.1875 cup dry 56 cals
    Mp Combat Powder - Protein Powder- Cookies N Cream, 0.51 scoop 72 cals
    Chobani Blueberry - Greek Yogurt, 0.5 container 65 cals
    Chobani - Greek Yogurt - Peach - Nonfat, 2.65 oz. 60 cals

Over all, that is 253 calories, 32g carbs, 2g fat, and 27g protein.

@MoHousdon no cooking required

I have plain Greek yogurt, but I also have multiple flavors of protein powder. I'm going to play around with this and see!

Report back.

Also, what is 0.1875 of a cup?!

It is just the annoying way that someone built the food entry. There wasn't a weight measurement (annoying, but I'm too lazy to build a new entry), but a half cup serving =40 grams, so 15 grams - .1875 of a cup. Ugly, lol.

Yeah. I don't know where some of the entries come from. I logged a personal pizza yesterday that came up with 384 grams of fat! :anguished:

My favorite is the entry for a Birdseye Asian Blend that had around 3,000 grams in cholesterol for the whole pack.

The personal pizza I logged the other day I picked from a list. It was 1000 calories or nearly. I think it was thick crust, but I figured it was more than I ate and frankly, I was over regardless, so didn't care. But some of the entries are just plain weird.

I do that. I've been counting calories for enough years that I have a pretty good idea how many calories I'm eating. I'm not a weigh-er measure-r.

We are twins.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Well I passed my first day on #lentchallenge
    I was out and about for lunch and had to stop for gas, and didn't get myself chips or chocolate, even tho I had tons of room in my diary. I also was pleasant and didn't complain when I smashed and possibly broke my pinky toe at the pool yesterday, and wound up with a migraine headache when I over heated my supper and set off my super touchy smoke detector.
    I decided today has to go better and the kids are getting salad for supper. B)

Oberon, those are great pics, that trail looks beautiful to run on. And line dancing is so fun, you look great.

Bummer day but yay you! for sticking to your guns! I loved line dancing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm going to the local MMA fights Saturday night. Woo hoo! I'm excited! It will, however, be difficult to maintain my #soberdays streak... :#

STICK WITH IT!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I was out and about for lunch and had to stop for gas, and didn't get myself chips or chocolate, even tho I had tons of room in my diary. I also was pleasant and didn't complain when I smashed and possibly broke my pinky toe at the pool yesterday, and wound up with a migraine headache when I over heated my supper and set off my super touchy smoke detector.

Oberon, those are great pics, that trail looks beautiful to run on. And line dancing is so fun, you look great.

yikes about the toe and migraine!
    hope the toe isn't broken, is it still really painful?

It doesn't hurt and it didn't when I did it, but I have a compressed nerve that makes me numb. Went for X-Rays, not broken, just bruised and the dr said sprained. So rest and all that jazz. Its actually very colourful but ok when I have it taped up.

Totally #dancemomproblems that when I needed tape for my toes my daughter yelled "hang on" and went and got her toe tape from her pointe shoe bag. lol.

Today was better. Had fillings today, and my dentist went a bit crazy with the freezing so I was talking like Rocky for a few hours after.

And I really want to try the steel cut oats now that everyone is talking about them. Grocery day coming up so I just might pick some up.

I'm glad your toe chose to give you mire color than pain. I love that your daughter was eager to give you her toe tape.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I ate at maintenance today :x and I feel a sort of terrible about it. Oh well. Tomorrow will be better! And it will be friday!

Why would you beat yourself for eating maintenance for one day? Many of us on this thread, and much more on MFP, has done much worse and have bounced back.

Remember it is what you do consistently that determines what your weight does.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Why would you beat yourself for eating maintenance for one day? Many of us on this thread, and much more on MFP, has done much worse and have bounced back.

Remember it is what you do consistently that determines what your weight does.

Ditto to this!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

It doesn't hurt and it didn't when I did it, but I have a compressed nerve that makes me numb. Went for X-Rays, not broken, just bruised and the dr said sprained. So rest and all that jazz. Its actually very colourful but ok when I have it taped up.

Totally #dancemomproblems that when I needed tape for my toes my daughter yelled "hang on" and went and got her toe tape from her pointe shoe bag. lol.

Today was better. Had fillings today, and my dentist went a bit crazy with the freezing so I was talking like Rocky for a few hours after.

And I really want to try the steel cut oats now that everyone is talking about them. Grocery day coming up so I just might pick some up.

I <3 toe tape. And you should definitely get the steel cut oats.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I just laugh at the name of the toe tape, but it is good. I like that the adhesive doesn't sweat off.
    When I get the steel cut oats, I will be back for recipes.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

I just laugh at the name of the toe tape, but it is good. I like that the adhesive doesn't sweat off.
    When I get the steel cut oats, I will be back for recipes.

You can find lots on Pinterest if you have it. Most of them are very good. I have done a few, some in the crock pot overnight.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Confession: My girl scout cookie order came in and I may or may not have eaten a sleeve of thin mints for breakfast.... :/
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Confession: My girl scout cookie order came in and I may or may not have eaten a sleeve of thin mints for breakfast.... :/

That sounds awesome :P
  • crosbylee
    Options

That sounds awesome :P

They were...... :D
  • ADean3182
    ADean3182 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

LMAO!! "I may or may not have" ...love it!
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I've eaten too much today and feel like seeing if I can go from this point onward to Sunday sometime without eating another thing to try and balance it out. I've got what can be considered a 'birthday blowout' coming up in two weeks and if I'm not happy with my weight, people are being told to leave me alone and eat cake themselves in my honour.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    I've eaten too much today and feel like seeing if I can go from this point onward to Sunday sometime without eating another thing to try and balance it out. I've got what can be considered a 'birthday blowout' coming up in two weeks and if I'm not happy with my weight, people are being told to leave me alone and eat cake themselves in my honour.

Not judging but that doesn't sound at all healthy to me. Please take care of yourself.

Bolded for clarification.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »

Not judging but that doesn't sound at all healthy to me. Please take care of yourself.

Bolded for clarification.

Agreed! Don't punish yourself. This is not a healthy relationship with food. Just resolve to eat better from this point forward.