Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Confession,

Hubby and I have been staying at his moms for the last 2 weeks because she had fallen and hurt herself and it was easier staying there than going between the houses.

Yesterday I told her that I needed to go clean our house since I have neglected it and our boys have been down the last 2 weeks.
    Evidently hubby had the same Idea. We did some cleaning then spent the rest of the day at home instead of going strait back to moms house. It felt good to be home.
    Second confession I blew off the 3 mile run I had planned.

All around a nice day. Sometimes you just need to be at home.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I gave up sugar for Lent but I'm pretty sure I've messed that up. I've been drinking alot of liquids instead of eating regular food. These V8 peach mango energy drinks have 10g of sugar in them each. FML.

Its remarkable it's that little. It seems that anything you drink other than water tea or coffee has loads of sugar.
    Look on the label and see if sugar is added or if it is the natural sugars from the juices.
    Would that matter?
    I'm thinking you are giving up processed sugars. It is almost impossible to avoid natural sugars.

I would agree with this, but a fruit energy drink probably has both. I avoid fruit juice in general as it has so many calories. And so much sugar.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I had grief bacon last night.

Between sleeping crappy the night before, being worried all day about my son's wisdom teeth surgery and then him being a VERY needy patient last night AND trying to stay up past midnight for today's late shift.....the night ended in grief bacon.

Sorry about that :( hope today is better!

My mother sent me valentine's day chocolates. They're vegan and in black packaging and shaped like skeletons and anatomical hearts. She understands me <3 And I am going to be eating a lot of chocolate now.

Are those DARK chocolates! I'd love to see these if you have them still take a picture and post it. They are very original. I kinda like your mom.
    Dark chocolates indeed! ;) beautiful, no?

dzz65bclthys.jpeg

This is all over cool. Even though I don't like dark chocolate nor am I a bones and skull person.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Between sleeping crappy the night before, being worried all day about my son's wisdom teeth surgery and then him being a VERY needy patient last night AND trying to stay up past midnight for today's late shift.....the night ended in grief bacon.

<3!

How is everything going today?

Much better! Thanks!

Awesome!

I'm glad your son's surgery went well. Did he have them pulled or cut out?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    For those of you who have these near them Muscle Maker Grill is amazing. Mmmmm
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I gave up sugar for Lent but I'm pretty sure I've messed that up. I've been drinking alot of liquids instead of eating regular food. These V8 peach mango energy drinks have 10g of sugar in them each. FML.

Its remarkable it's that little. It seems that anything you drink other than water tea or coffee has loads of sugar.
    Look on the label and see if sugar is added or if it is the natural sugars from the juices.
    Would that matter?
    I'm thinking you are giving up processed sugars. It is almost impossible to avoid natural sugars.

I would agree with this, but a fruit energy drink probably has both. I avoid fruit juice in general as it has so many calories. And so much sugar.

Same. I once found this Watermelon juice at Wal-Mart that had around 10-50 calories that tasted really good, & of course the next time I went they didn't have it anymore.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Never heard of it. Will have to Google.

My Lent challenge is going good so far.

I have exercised Wed., Thurs., Fri., & today.

I have not had any ice cream or bought any processed junk foods either.

Eating wise has been pretty horrible as far as nutritionally, but I have a four hundred calorie deficit Thurs. & Fri. I might do a half hour-45 minutes of exercise more.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Confession,

Hubby and I have been staying at his moms for the last 2 weeks because she had fallen and hurt herself and it was easier staying there than going between the houses.

Yesterday I told her that I needed to go clean our house since I have neglected it and our boys have been down the last 2 weeks.
    Evidently hubby had the same Idea. We did some cleaning then spent the rest of the day at home instead of going strait back to moms house. It felt good to be home.
    Second confession I blew off the 3 mile run I had planned.

All around a nice day. Sometimes you just need to be at home.

True
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

I just looked up their menu. They look amazing. I'll try one out if i get close to one at eating time.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I just looked up their menu. They look amazing. I'll try one out if i get close to one at eating time.

You should. I had the veggie wrap sans cheese,with guacamole and sautéed spinach. Fabulous.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Never heard of it. Will have to Google.

My Lent challenge is going good so far.

I have exercised Wed., Thurs., Fri., & today.

I have not had any ice cream or bought any processed junk foods either.

Eating wise has been pretty horrible as far as nutritionally, but I have a four hundred calorie deficit Thurs. & Fri. I might do a half hour-45 minutes of exercise more.

I am 50/50. I am doing great on the vegan part. Not the exercise. I did get in my 2 hours of classes today but it was too cold and windy to run outside. I am going to run on the treadmill in the AM.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Would that matter?

Same. I once found this Watermelon juice at Wal-Mart that had around 10-50 calories that tasted really good, & of course the next time I went they didn't have it anymore.

I drink gallons of flavored seltzer water. That is my 'fruit juice". I love this new kind Polar. I don't like the Walmart brand they put aspartame or something in it. Too sweet.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

My mother sent me valentine's day chocolates. They're vegan and in black packaging and shaped like skeletons and anatomical hearts. She understands me <3 And I am going to be eating a lot of chocolate now.

Are those DARK chocolates! I'd love to see these if you have them still take a picture and post it. They are very original. I kinda like your mom.

dzz65bclthys.jpeg

Agreed

Nice! Where'd your mom find them?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So I guess I need to get up, layer on the clothes, put the heated jacket on and go take care of some horses. Happy Sunday all. Quik I want a positive outcome from last night...! o:)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

If you messed up (and if it's all fructose from the juices, I wouldn't say that you did. Added sugar is different,) then just don't do it again.
    I have had one of the things that I gave up today, but all Sundays are celebrations of the Resurrection. I don't usually take advantage of them, but I have always done that to make it easier on myself. It's easier to put it down and not touch it even on Sunday. I made a conscious decision to take advantage of grace today. It may be harder for me tomorrow, but that's okay. It's supposed to be a sacrifice and that is supposed to be hard.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend just snuck into my dorm and left a note outside my door asking me to dinner.
    Also, she left it with a very realistic sculpture of an animal skull. My roommates are terrified. It's beautiful.

That's great. Very original. And your roommates need to get a grip. Animals die. Most of the ones we recognize have skulls. It's nit like she left a real one.

It's just sort of viscerally shocking because it looks very real. We just sat inside the door and waited for passersby to scream. It was super funny.
    ETA there was a card saying "those who slay together stay together" (new favorite pick up line).

Fitness confession: I just went to the gym for 30 minutes, and now I am eating ramen which is definitely more calories than whatever I burned. I may or may not be eating so that I have an excuse to read and not do work.

Now I need a photo of the skull.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    So I guess I need to get up, layer on the clothes, put the heated jacket on and go take care of some horses. Happy Sunday all. Quik I want a positive outcome from last night...! o:)

Happy Valentine's Day!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend just snuck into my dorm and left a note outside my door asking me to dinner.
    Also, she left it with a very realistic sculpture of an animal skull. My roommates are terrified. It's beautiful.

dzz65bclthys.jpeg

Cool chocolates!
  • MelanieBruce1
    MelanieBruce1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I ate under 700 calories yesterday and a little over that today to make up for drinking and late night eating on friday :neutral:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

What do you consider a positive outcome?!? #44soberdays