Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    For some reason the rest of them won't post I'll finish tomorrow or tonight.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Swear to god if my sister says "I've already eaten" when she hasn't, tries to force me to eat something when I don't want it, or eats "dinner" of raw lettuce and cucumber, I will *kitten* punch myself in the face.

It's time for a stress walk and time to set boundaries with your sister. She is all up in your head and that's not a good way to live.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Good news alert for long time readers: My friend's brother David who had a lung transplant in November is being discharged from M.D. Anderson today!! Thanks to those of you who offered prayers and positive thoughts on his behalf.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Good news alert for long time readers: My friend's brother David who had a lung transplant in November is being discharged from M.D. Anderson today!! Thanks to those of you who offered prayers and positive thoughts on his behalf.

That's wonderful news!!! I'm so glad to hear it!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    rnelson88 wrote: »
    Couple weeks ago I ate a whole dozen donuts from Dunkin and I thought I was going to die. I fasted the next day(for 24 hours) and felt much better.

Sometimes I can't control myself!!!

I love donuts, but I could never eat a dozen. Well, maybe I could if that's all I ate that day.

Now I want a donut. @jthurman3, bring me a donut! STAT!

Have to say that is impressive.

@mohousdon you need to try the Crunchkins candy.

Or visit Puerto Rico... they love donuts. They even walk up to your car and sell them to you on the street...

I would HATE that.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Great news Mel!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Couple weeks ago I ate a whole dozen donuts from Dunkin and I thought I was going to die. I fasted the next day(for 24 hours) and felt much better.

I love donuts, but I could never eat a dozen. Well, maybe I could if that's all I ate that day.

Now I want a donut. @jthurman3, bring me a donut! STAT!

Have to say that is impressive.

@mohousdon you need to try the Crunchkins candy.

Or visit Puerto Rico... they love donuts. They even walk up to your car and sell them to you on the street...

I would HATE that.

I know you would!
  • Oberon21
    Options

That is great news!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Swear to god if my sister says "I've already eaten" when she hasn't, tries to force me to eat something when I don't want it, or eats "dinner" of raw lettuce and cucumber, I will *kitten* punch myself in the face.

It's time for a stress walk and time to set boundaries with your sister. She is all up in your head and that's not a good way to live.

I agree with this...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Great news Mel!

I forgot to comment, but yes, that's VERY good to hear!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Someone asked about Lent goals and I forgot to reply. It's Spy Wednesday. I have four days left to fast from my item. I really thought I would crack twice this week.

There was a huge Spring Celebration in my department this morning in which my only participation was to guess how many pieces of chocolate were in a vase my supervisor was giving away because she directly asked me to and to find an egg with chocolate candy (that I haven't eaten) that my supervisor hid in my cubby. Note this was deliberately not called an Easter egg and the Holy Day was never mentioned. I am irrationally annoyed by that. And also by the email from our department manager to "wait and see what we've got cooked up foe next month."
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Happy Monday guys.

Race was SLOW Laura, I barely made it over the finish line before the cut off. I really didn't try hard (not that I think I could have done much better) on the swim and bike legs as I haven't biked or swam since Wisconsin. But my stomach was a mess, I think from all the stuff I drank on the bike, and I felt so nauseous on the run that I just took my time and walked a lot and prayed I wouldn't throw up. I really enjoy this race though, the swim is nice in the inlet (very salty though) and the bike is along the water for a good chunk of it so you get some nice views (and some industrial ones getting there).

The run is in Old San Juan so you see the old buildings and the fort, and its a major party through town. So its fun. Hot, windy and hilly, but fun.

So, last race without training is done! Nashville I won't be properly trained but I have 5 weeks to get ready. A heck of a lot better than none... doing good on my 365 days of daily exercise challenge, I am on day 10 and I am doing something even if just a little bit every day!

Sounds amazing, but grueling!

Great job so far on your 365 days of exercise.

I made myself go for a brisk hour walk last night to get something in... figured zip lining didn't count as daily exercise. :) So I seem to have mentally committed to this one (something I need to do to be successful...its that light switch mentality I have).

How has your Lent goals been going?

I gave up on not buying processed junk food & the 40 days of exercise, but I haven't ate ice cream since Lent started.

Since Lent ends on Thursday according to Google I am possibly getting an Arby's Mint Chocolate Shake

Work sucked today so I just had three servings of Brach's Spiced Jelly Beans. Confession: I pulled out all the black & white jelly beans since I don't care for them.

I never got a chance to answer this one. My lent challenge is good. Since I started the daily exercise vow I have been fulfilling that one and except for inadvertent dairy in stuff I have eaten accidentally I am sticking to vegan. So even after lent ends it will all continue on...
  • raymax4
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

10 days until Easter. I am so ready to break my Lenten fast. I almost caved yesterday and again this morning. I must pray my way through it. It's only 10 more days.

I keep reminding myself of that too!

Not sure if I want to eat Easter candy that day or ice cream? Probably ice cream.

I tried the Edy's Vermont Maple. It was ok but not enough toffee pieces. It was mostly just syrup-favored ice cream.

Ugh! I might have to skip that one.

I haven't found any of the new Edy's flavors. Wal-Mart the past two weeks hasn't had much of a selection of Edy's (not sure if they're selling out, changing the mod/feature, or getting the new ones in stock).

This is one of the new flavors of Yuengling's I want to try (I think Weis might get this March 28th?)!

cinc.png?itok=09kSKDWt&c=e0cb95b55c9891468bd894119c702748

This flavor is pretty interesting

yuenglings-caramel-popcorn2.png?itok=sidNf683&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

10 days until Easter. I am so ready to break my Lenten fast. I almost caved yesterday and again this morning. I must pray my way through it. It's only 10 more days.

I keep reminding myself of that too!

Not sure if I want to eat Easter candy that day or ice cream? Probably ice cream.

I tried the Edy's Vermont Maple. It was ok but not enough toffee pieces. It was mostly just syrup-favored ice cream.

Ugh! I might have to skip that one.

I haven't found any of the new Edy's flavors. Wal-Mart the past two weeks hasn't had much of a selection of Edy's (not sure if they're selling out, changing the mod/feature, or getting the new ones in stock).

This is one of the new flavors of Yuengling's I want to try (I think Weis might get this March 28th?)!

cinc.png?itok=09kSKDWt&c=e0cb95b55c9891468bd894119c702748

This flavor is pretty interesting

yuenglings-caramel-popcorn2.png?itok=sidNf683&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8

Isn't this brand a beer? Do they make ice cream too? That would be an odd combo.

Yeah it's the same company, but I am not sure if they make any alcoholic ice creams.

If it's not already created I feel like that needs to be a thing

Alcoholic milkshakes in Nashville!

My reward for Nashville will be the same as my friend Kara had for the Music City Ultra on Saturday. Burger Republic. Yum!
    9zaqhkz34oir.jpeg

*edited to remove names.

I'll take the burger! Yum
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about Lent goals and I forgot to reply. It's Spy Wednesday. I have four days left to fast from my item. I really thought I would crack twice this week.

There was a huge Spring Celebration in my department this morning in which my only participation was to guess how many pieces of chocolate were in a vase my supervisor was giving away because she directly asked me to and to find an egg with chocolate candy (that I haven't eaten) that my supervisor hid in my cubby. Note this was deliberately not called an Easter egg and the Holy Day was never mentioned. I am irrationally annoyed by that. And also by the email from our department manager to "wait and see what we've got cooked up foe next month."

I am SO excited to have my Lent sacrifice on Sunday! I am excited for Easter! My favorite holiday is finally in sight!

I have to work Good Friday afternoon/evening, for the first time ever in my entire life. I am a bit concerned about fasting until sundown when I start work at 4pm. I am also a little worried about getting all my prayers in and such before work, but I will do it. I will also make sure I never make this mistake again, and book it off early.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Confession: binged yesterday and then felt so disgusting that it was hard to sleep. Bleh.
    I really don't like living with my sister, which makes me feel like a terrible person. :X

Living with my sibs would have been the end of me. (((Hugs)))
  • raymax4
    Options
    Oberon 21,
    I love your pictures of your trip, all of them except the one of your leg. It looks sore, I hate it when that happens.
    I've never been zip lining but have often wished that there was a zip line at the tops of the mountains that I have climbed. It looks fun.
    I imagine that it will be hard for you to come home after being in paradise. safe travels
  • raymax4
    Options

I've never eaten a dozen donuts before. I'd imagine I'd feel the need to eat a lot of green veggies after that to clean me out. I'm glad you are feeling better.
  • raymax4
    Options
    I almost cursed out a hard boiled egg while peeling it today. :grumble:

I imagine the egg was not very appealing.
  • raymax4
    Options
    My sister is wearing my favorite jeans (which she took when she got anorexic and lost weight and I got fat.) and it's making me feel terrible for being jealous. :x

You are beating your self up a lot these days. Stop that. It is ok to wish that you can be back in those jeans instead of your sister. By the way you can be! Correction you will be. Being in school can be fatting. It dies not have to be.
    You got this.