Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    It's Friday the 13th with a full moon, people! Watch out! LOL

My hubby was born on Friday the 13th, Ive been at full alert ever since.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I ate grapes and 2 desserts last night and thought about having a third, but decided to chug water, take my vitamins, and go to sleep instead.

I ate ice cream for dinner.

I had Indian and the last of my Birthday cake

I WIN!

I truly hope that was indian food and not an indian!
  • raymax4
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    KAYRRIE wrote: »
    CONFESSION: I think there are such things as stupid questions. And whoever started that trend probably had a lot of them.

CONFESSION2: I hate the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."....Why the heck not?!. Whats the point of having cake and not eating it? That one just annoys the heck out of me. Don't give me cake if I can't eat it! (Had to get that one out of my system lol. That one has bothered me since I was little lol.)

I hate the phrase "It's always in the last place you look". Well of course it is, I'm not going to carry on looking after I found it. *eye roll*

THAT'S WHAT I SAY!!! Why in the world would I keep looking for something once I've found it. :confused:

Or even better, when you say that you have lost something "Where was the last place that you had it?" Uh, yeah, that is the first place I looked, and it isn't there!

I know! Unless I really didn't have a clue I would look in the last place and then the most obvious places. And then just be like 'Pffft it's gone forever, I must go and buy a new (better) one' Mwah ha ha ha

This does not work if the missing object is your car keys, which it usually is with me.

I saw a commercial once about a thing you can clip to your keys that you can cause to beep if you loose them. I wish I could find something like that now.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    CONFESSION: I think there are such things as stupid questions. And whoever started that trend probably had a lot of them.

CONFESSION2: I hate the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."....Why the heck not?!. Whats the point of having cake and not eating it? That one just annoys the heck out of me. Don't give me cake if I can't eat it! (Had to get that one out of my system lol. That one has bothered me since I was little lol.)

I hate the phrase "It's always in the last place you look". Well of course it is, I'm not going to carry on looking after I found it. *eye roll*

THAT'S WHAT I SAY!!! Why in the world would I keep looking for something once I've found it. :confused:

Or even better, when you say that you have lost something "Where was the last place that you had it?" Uh, yeah, that is the first place I looked, and it isn't there!

I know! Unless I really didn't have a clue I would look in the last place and then the most obvious places. And then just be like 'Pffft it's gone forever, I must go and buy a new (better) one' Mwah ha ha ha

This does not work if the missing object is your car keys, which it usually is with me.

I saw a commercial once about a thing you can clip to your keys that you can cause to beep if you loose them. I wish I could find something like that now.
  • raymax4
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I ate horribly yesterday. I logged it but ate with reckless abandon.
  • raymax4
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ops copied post several times.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    When John Henry was a little baby, sitting on his daddy's knee....

I'm pretty sure we had to sing that in chorus in elementary school or something to that effect.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Haven't used it because my keys are only in two possible places (pocket or key hook at home) but this Tile thing looks pretty cool.

Confession: I just lied... I actually did misplace my key today. Gave it to a guy as security for a bike test ride. And then I bought the bike and rode away, leaving my car key there. Figured it out in less than 15 minutes and retrieved it successfully. If I had driven there instead of walked, it would not have happened (duh).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

LMAO Lois! That is definitely a good one.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I ate grapes and 2 desserts last night and thought about having a third, but decided to chug water, take my vitamins, and go to sleep instead.

For dinner I ate a whole bag of Brookside chocolates.

0006843738350_500X500.jpg

I also had 1,000 grams of yogurt, two protein bars, & some more chocolate (this food was spread throughout the day & actually fit into my calories). My sugar grams are through the roof!

I am still going to count a point for staying within my Fitbit calories for the Mindful May since I'll average it out over the next few days.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I had Indian and the last of my Birthday cake

I WIN!

Now I want cake!

I'll just have to wait until tomorrow for my sister's baby shower.

I told my mom for her cake she should've used an old baby picture for the cake, but she probably went a more boring route.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

We in healthcare ask that you take extra care of yourselves...one MedFlight already today and we are nowhere near moonrise yet.

And those of us in public safety, as well.

Tonight is not a full moon, the next full moon is not until May 21.

Good. Friday the 13th is bad enough...come to think of it, most Fridays are bad enough, especially at the end of the school year. Lots of college graduation parties this weekend too.

The people who say Full Moons don't effect people have never worked with the public.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

We in healthcare ask that you take extra care of yourselves...one MedFlight already today and we are nowhere near moonrise yet.

Good. Friday the 13th is bad enough...come to think of it, most Fridays are bad enough, especially at the end of the school year. Lots of college graduation parties this weekend too.

The people who say Full Moons don't effect people have never worked with the public.

Or in a nursing home.
  • Oberon21
    Options

LMAO Lois! That is definitely a good one.

I love this one!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

My hubby was born on Friday the 13th, Ive been at full alert ever since.

So was my niece.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    YOU GUYS! We're on page 1850 of this beautiful thread! 1850!!!

Amazing!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    POF how is this strike still going on? This is ridiculous. I thought it would be over by now. Massive hugs!
    Tim was on strike for 5 months! :o

how the hmmm can people afford to be on strike that long?

Its a totally different culture to strikes on the UK after Thatcher broke the unions in the 80s.

It was tough. Luckily, we had savings. We're still kind of digging ourselves out of the hole though. It's hard because we're a one income family..so we didn't have another source of income through it all. Tim was fishing (side business) as much as he could but the strike was through the winter and the weather didn't allow for many trips. The union helped here and there with gift cards for groceries and things like that...

I feel bad for everyone. Those without pay or healthcare. The folks who are here from TX and CA and OK and OH, etc. who are staying away from their families and kids and missing major life events. Working 16 - 18 hour days. Being harassed by picketing workers. Being harassed for 'not making their numbers' or 'answering 28 calls in a day', etc. It's not a pretty situation all around.

Day 33 today.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    POF how is this strike still going on? This is ridiculous. I thought it would be over by now. Massive hugs!

Its a totally different culture to strikes on the UK after Thatcher broke the unions in the 80s.

That's what I was thinking! I couldn't imagine being on strike that long. I hope it was worth it in the end?

It's still going....and going... and going!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

My sister in education man...

I didn't realize that was a thing until she brought it up.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

It was tough. Luckily, we had savings. We're still kind of digging ourselves out of the hole though. It's hard because we're a one income family..so we didn't have another source of income through it all. Tim was fishing (side business) as much as he could but the strike was through the winter and the weather didn't allow for many trips. The union helped here and there with gift cards for groceries and things like that...

I feel bad for everyone. Those without pay or healthcare. The folks who are here from TX and CA and OK and OH, etc. who are staying away from their families and kids and missing major life events. Working 16 - 18 hour days. Being harassed by picketing workers. Being harassed for 'not making their numbers' or 'answering 28 calls in a day', etc. It's not a pretty situation all around.

Day 33 today.

Nobody wins out of this situation. Ultimately both sides will compromise and a contract will be agreed, but until then, its ordinary people (on both sides) losing out, so the management (of both sides) can grandstand to the press.

I was horrified to read of a car accident of a woman who was driving to her next job, and crashed due to the harassment of strikers on the road. I was even more horrified that that unions/strikers think it is acceptable to harass workers and picket at their cars, outside customers' houses. Protest the company, not the staff.