Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    It's Friday the 13th with a full moon, people! Watch out! LOL

Why have I not noticed this? I did weightlifting and everything. :# I'm glad I didn't weigh myself this morning.

Yay for weight lifting! LIFT ALL THE WEIGHT, LOIS! ALLL OF THEM!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    KAYRRIE wrote: »
    CONFESSION: I think there are such things as stupid questions. And whoever started that trend probably had a lot of them.

CONFESSION2: I hate the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."....Why the heck not?!. Whats the point of having cake and not eating it? That one just annoys the heck out of me. Don't give me cake if I can't eat it! (Had to get that one out of my system lol. That one has bothered me since I was little lol.)

I hate the phrase "It's always in the last place you look". Well of course it is, I'm not going to carry on looking after I found it. *eye roll*

THAT'S WHAT I SAY!!! Why in the world would I keep looking for something once I've found it. :confused:

Or even better, when you say that you have lost something "Where was the last place that you had it?" Uh, yeah, that is the first place I looked, and it isn't there!

OR someone will say, "Hey, have you seen my keys/wallet/phone?" One of these days I'm going to tell my husband, "YES, I HAVE seen your keys/wallet/phone, but I am holding them for ransom until you take out the trash/pick up your socks/pick up your dishes!"
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I ate grapes and 2 desserts last night and thought about having a third, but decided to chug water, take my vitamins, and go to sleep instead.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I ate grapes and 2 desserts last night and thought about having a third, but decided to chug water, take my vitamins, and go to sleep instead.

I ate ice cream for dinner.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

Why have I not noticed this? I did weightlifting and everything. :# I'm glad I didn't weigh myself this morning.

Yay for weight lifting! LIFT ALL THE WEIGHT, LOIS! ALLL OF THEM!!!

Bahaha I had the evil OHP's today. Boo!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

I ate ice cream for dinner.

I had Indian and the last of my Birthday cake

I WIN!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    POF how is this strike still going on? This is ridiculous. I thought it would be over by now. Massive hugs!
    Tim was on strike for 5 months! :o

how the hmmm can people afford to be on strike that long?

Its a totally different culture to strikes on the UK after Thatcher broke the unions in the 80s.

It was tough. Luckily, we had savings. We're still kind of digging ourselves out of the hole though. It's hard because we're a one income family..so we didn't have another source of income through it all. Tim was fishing (side business) as much as he could but the strike was through the winter and the weather didn't allow for many trips. The union helped here and there with gift cards for groceries and things like that...
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS! We're on page 1850 of this beautiful thread! 1850!!!

Who would have thought over a year ago that it would go this far!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

We in healthcare ask that you take extra care of yourselves...one MedFlight already today and we are nowhere near moonrise yet.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    CONFESSION: I think there are such things as stupid questions. And whoever started that trend probably had a lot of them.

CONFESSION2: I hate the phrase, "You can't have your cake and eat it too."....Why the heck not?!. Whats the point of having cake and not eating it? That one just annoys the heck out of me. Don't give me cake if I can't eat it! (Had to get that one out of my system lol. That one has bothered me since I was little lol.)

I hate the phrase "It's always in the last place you look". Well of course it is, I'm not going to carry on looking after I found it. *eye roll*

THAT'S WHAT I SAY!!! Why in the world would I keep looking for something once I've found it. :confused:

Or even better, when you say that you have lost something "Where was the last place that you had it?" Uh, yeah, that is the first place I looked, and it isn't there!

I know! Unless I really didn't have a clue I would look in the last place and then the most obvious places. And then just be like 'Pffft it's gone forever, I must go and buy a new (better) one' Mwah ha ha ha

This does not work if the missing object is your car keys, which it usually is with me.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I refuse to count cake toward my calories. Its a celebration every time. Also, I bake too many cakes
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

OR someone will say, "Hey, have you seen my keys/wallet/phone?" One of these days I'm going to tell my husband, "YES, I HAVE seen your keys/wallet/phone, but I am holding them for ransom until you take out the trash/pick up your socks/pick up your dishes!"

My husband asked me this on Monday. I told him that I hadn't seen them. Then I found them hours later in MY gym bag. Why he put them there, I have no idea. ... Which makes me wonder if one my kids did it as a joke, actually.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I refuse to count cake toward my calories. Its a celebration every time. Also, I bake too many cakes

I LOVE your profile picture!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

We in healthcare ask that you take extra care of yourselves...one MedFlight already today and we are nowhere near moonrise yet.

And those of us in public safety, as well.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Tonight is not a full moon, the next full moon is not until May 21.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Good. Friday the 13th is bad enough...come to think of it, most Fridays are bad enough, especially at the end of the school year. Lots of college graduation parties this weekend too.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I was lied to!!! (And didn't check my facts :D )
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Day 28 of strike. Mother's Day was really nice. Turns out my "I am really independent couldn't care less" Mom was so glad I came. To quote "it would have been the first time in 60 years I didn't have one of my children with me".

That is technically not true. A few years ago I got kicked in the head by a horse and was kept overnight in hospital until noon on Mother's Day due to a funny MRI. I went out the next weekend and we had a delayed mom's day. But she has apparently forgotten this. So lesson learned to MFP peeps: even if your mom is cold and unsentimental when you are growing up they change when they are older. Visit them. They care.

Work stoppage has no end in sight. But the company hides stuff too as when they have calls they expect the union to be on. So who knows? Since I am no longer part of the private group I'll refrain from commentary as this is public as I won't post thoughts or photos about this publicly.

I am tired and physically (if maybe not mentally) working my butt off wiring and disconnecting phone service. And DSL. An occasional T1 line. They are the ones that shock the heck out of you when you are wiring them. They leave burn marks on some folks. It's funny how management tries so hard to clean up the mess the day to day workers leave. I am literally obsessed with cleaning dead wire out of a frame the regular techs haven't bothered to clean in years. I get calls from other EWA techs who obsess for hours on how to help a customer while their EWA supervisors obsess on time to complete a dispatch.

Customer service vs. Efficiency.

My new moto is one wire at a time. My goal is to do the most incredible job I can as a CO Technician. And when I can I'll return to doing the most incredible job I can as a MarCom professional. One wire, one call, one meeting, one ad, one spreadsheet at a time.

Happy Wednesday all.

I feel like it tread a fine line with our young men. I want them to feel free to be gone and do everything they want without my wishes hindering them. Of course I want to see them regularly, I enjoy spending time with them.

I like that you are cleaning and checking all the wires. I know that it takes you longer but probably is more economical because it it will reduce call backs.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Funny my remark is to start putting away anything that is out of place. When our sons were young I told them to start cleaning their room an they would find it.