Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    It's not even 6pm and my little charlie bucket is already fast asleep, worn out. Early nights all round

Cutest nickname ever <3

Agreed!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I feel the need to confess: I don't like red velvet anything. I don't understand the hype. It tastes chemically to me.
    I don't either. When I had my cake biz I'd make it for tastings, hoping that nobody would order, but they always did. I have a bit of a thing about large amounts of food colour, so that alone would be enough to put me off, but combined with the fact that it's usually an oil recipe rather than butter, and that there's only 1tsp of cocoa, I'm out.

Sorry guys it has NOTHING to do with the cake. It's the cream cheese frosting.

I don't understand these words. I adore cream cheese frosting. It's the only redeemable thing about red velvet. I'll eat cream cheese frosting with a spoon (read fingers) out of the can or I love to dip graham crackers in it. My boss makes a zucchini cake and puts cream cheese frosting on it and it is TO DIE FOR. I usually eat several pieces and request to take leftovers home. I should request she make that for our food day coming up next week.

I agree about the cream cheese frosting. LOVE IT! But do NOT ruin it by putting it on red velvet cake - blech.

That is how I feel about carrot cake. I just eat the frosting.

Had anyone tried the Burger King red velvet shake yet? I haven't heard great reviews.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Happy to report that I went for a 4.5 mile run today and there was no pain, once again those who recommended rolling with an ice bottle I love you!

Confession: My hips are sore from my weights yesterday and my run today, I'm in the office alone today sooo I decided that a quick downward dog would be a good idea.... then someone walked in... oooooops. :open_mouth:

I hope you weren't wearing a skirt!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @Italian_Buju Please come back we miss you!! I hope I didn't say anything that made you feel that way!!

THIS. I confess I strongly suspect it was me and I want to say I was just trying to offer a different perspective and I am know for plan speaking so I apologize. Please come back. I'll zip it. :( I promise.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 and @LBuehrle8 Retail therapy was so fun. I went To Ricki's and bought 2 new shirts and some capris. Was pretty happy when the first stuff I tried on was too big and the saleslady had to go grab smaller sizes. Yay!!

Today's NSV!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    It's not even 6pm and my little charlie bucket is already fast asleep, worn out. Early nights all round

Cutest nickname ever <3

Agreed!

Same!!
    And @orangesmartie, amazing job on your loss!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I wanted to share a small victory too. I ate A LOT last weekend (each day had to have been thousands over with the bbq, cake, smores, Old Chicagos, alcohol etc). I figured I'd weigh in today and be about 10 lbs heavier like I did when I overate during Memorial day weekend. Today though, I had a 1 lb loss! No idea how that happened. I was good the rest of the week. I figured it was maybe the swimming on Friday and Saturday helped (or maybe just stress haha). That made my morning.

I'm now .6 lbs from having lost 60. I still have a ways to go though.

I did compare my pictures from my birthday this year to in years past and I can see a difference. Maybe I'll get brave and share something if I can figure out how. :)

Incredible job! WE WANT PICTURES!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Jazzybrass wrote: »
    I am quite behind at the moment, but am responding to a couple of comments.
    1) My hair is fingertip length and I wash it once a week. I also brush it once a day (at night) and go out with whatever state my hair is in after sleeping.
    2) I am in my 20s and have got my first boyfriend who is 9 years younger

Whoa...I read "I am 20, and my first boyfriend is 9 years younger." I was thinking, ELEVEN years old?!? Are you trolling?!? LOL. More coffee needed this morning.

LOL I was trying to do that math, too. I certainly hope the boyfriend is over 18.

When I was 30, I dated a boy who was 9 years younger.
    Yes. Boy. That was not a good situation. I already had 2 kids, I quickly decided to no longer take on the 3rd.

Boys are so much more immature naturally I can't imagine dating a man that much younger. I never get the dramatic age differences in and relationship. People just change so much and want so many different things as they age.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share a small victory too. I ate A LOT last weekend (each day had to have been thousands over with the bbq, cake, smores, Old Chicagos, alcohol etc). I figured I'd weigh in today and be about 10 lbs heavier like I did when I overate during Memorial day weekend. Today though, I had a 1 lb loss! No idea how that happened. I was good the rest of the week. I figured it was maybe the swimming on Friday and Saturday helped (or maybe just stress haha). That made my morning.

I'm now .6 lbs from having lost 60. I still have a ways to go though.

I did compare my pictures from my birthday this year to in years past and I can see a difference. Maybe I'll get brave and share something if I can figure out how. :)

Incredible job! WE WANT PICTURES!

I missed this original post...but I completely agree! Amazing job and PICTURES!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    AneasaB wrote: »
    I've done the homemade sauna suit and I've never gotten dizzy, light-headed or nearing the point of heat stroke. I drink at least a gallon of water a day and only wear the suit when I walk/job on the treadmill for my cardio days (twice a week).

But as an alternative if you're looking to really sweat try Hot Yoga.... talk about sweating like a dog sheesh!!!

I can now attest to this.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

Oh banana sandwiches are heavenly! I need one in my life here soon I do believe! Try it, it's better when there's not a lot of mayo, and it must be dukes mayo! ;)

I agree. They are good. Better than PB & banana. It has to be the grand a perfectly ripened banana, good mayo spread at the perfect thickness and soft, moist bread.

Ugh another who just can't wrap their head around mayo and bananas! I like bananas, they're not my favorite thing in the world but I LOVE mayonnaise- on LOTS.

I am sorry, but bananas and mayonnaise sound disgusting together. I'm not a huge fan of bananas anyway, but don't you DARE sully my precious mayonnaise with one. I almost always ask for extra mayo on sandwiches and burgers.

I think mayo is gross! Sorry...
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    4.5 hours til holidays start. I don't think the clock can move any slower today!

I didn't realize you were going on vacation too! Where are you going?

We are going camping with my 3 brothers and 1 sister and their respective spouses and kids. 10 kids all together. We do it every year. It is lots of fun but I am not gonna lie I am usually ready to come home to some piece and quiet when it is over. It's about a 5 hour drive for me to get there and we are leaving Sunday after I pick Kypton up from the exes.

Sounds fun! But I find my family exhausting too. I used to book a week or 10 days to visit my sister in Seattle but by the end we are always fighting and she is the only one I get along with! I try to keep it to a few days now. Just enough time to have fun and not start to get fed up with each other. Good luck!

Thanks I think I will need a bit of that. Did I mention we are all fairly loud opinionated people lol
  • riderfangal
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 and @LBuehrle8 Retail therapy was so fun. I went To Ricki's and bought 2 new shirts and some capris. Was pretty happy when the first stuff I tried on was too big and the saleslady had to go grab smaller sizes. Yay!!

Today's NSV!

Thanks! I actually almost cried. Stupid hey
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

Also got a referral for physio so hopefully the combination will help!

Sorry you are dealing with this. I'm two months into a knee injury as well. Thankfully mine is just a small meniscus tear so physical therapy has been able to help with that. I still can't do squats, kneel, go up/down stairs without pain but otherwise I'm doing okay.

I'm glad to hear you got a swimsuit that will work for you (I hear you on the shaving thing haha). I hope swimming helps. I swam for the first time last week. The only thing that bothered my knee was when I was holding onto the side and kicking my legs fast so I won't do that anymore. :) Be careful but have fun.

Try pool running. Look it up online. It's really helpful...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Guess who can walk today?! :smiley:

Okay, so it's not exactly walking. I can use my walker or lean on Mr. Susie's arm and walk almost normally for short distances, or I can toddle very, very slowly like a baby just learning to walk by myself for very short distances.

Since I could walk a little, we got to go out to Subway for iftar today! :smiley: Now I'm exhausted, but it was nice to get out, even if just for a meal. :)

Also, I was able to stand long enough to weigh myself today, and I've lost 1.1 kilos! That's almost exactly two pounds on the button. That means that I only have 3.1 kilos left to get my Fitbit! That's 6.8 pounds. :)

This is so fantastic! Yay! Will @susieqhusband buy it for you early if you achieve your goal before October?

Yes, if I ask him to. The deal is that I reach 65 before my birthday and it's a birthday present, but I'm sure I can get it before my birthday if I want it. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I'm still terribly behind, hello from page 1136, but I have a few updates/things I need to get off my chest. This may be long so please bear with me. I won't be offended if you don't read it/care.

SD called Mr. Mo last night in tears because her mom is moving in with her boyfriend and she can't move with them. He told her she always has a place with us (which, believe it or not, I support) but she used the excuse it's too far for her to drive back and forth to work from our house. Mind you, in our city, you can get from one end to the other in around 20 minutes using the highways. Besides, what else does she have to pay for besides gas because she sure in the heck isn't paying for tags/insurance/car payment! (more on that later) Mr. Mo was VERY sympathetic, I was not. We're giving you place (nice) to stay RENT EFFING FREE but you can't afford the gas in a 4 cylinder Kia to drive to and from work?! Give me a break. I wish she'd just come out and say WHY she doesn't want to live with us so she can save up money for her own place.

While we were on vacation, she called him and said she had the money for her tags and would be by last weekend to get the registration/sticker and drop off the money. Well, big surprise, she never showed or called. Fast forward to last night where she has to use the tag money to pay for utilities or something in a friend's house she'll be temporarily staying in. Asinine if you ask me...see above bolded part.

On top of all of this, she tells Mr. Mo that she did end up taking Rory to the humane society but they had to put her down because she attacked a few of the volunteers. I'm sure this was due to being locked in a confined room for several years before coming to stay with us (where she also attacked Mr. Mo a few times). This really sucks because I think with the right family (earlier in life, she was 5) she could have been a great cat.

After Mr. Mo got off the phone with her, he was upset/sad, I was just upset. We tried talking about it, but I just got mad because I'm so sick and tired of her always having an excuse for everything, and the continuation of her taking advantage of her dad, and him letting her because he feels so guilty for not being able to be there for her while she was growing up. He was in tears by the time we were done talking because he just doesn't know what to do. I HATE seeing him cry. It breaks my heart and I will do everything in my power to keep it from happening.

Anyway, I'm not sure how this weekend will go. If she'll show up or not, or if she does, how the talk will go. We need to get this nonsense figured out so we don't end up fighting, or worse, stop talking altogether.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

Oh banana sandwiches are heavenly! I need one in my life here soon I do believe! Try it, it's better when there's not a lot of mayo, and it must be dukes mayo! ;)

I agree. They are good. Better than PB & banana. It has to be the grand a perfectly ripened banana, good mayo spread at the perfect thickness and soft, moist bread.

Ugh another who just can't wrap their head around mayo and bananas! I like bananas, they're not my favorite thing in the world but I LOVE mayonnaise- on LOTS.

I am sorry, but bananas and mayonnaise sound disgusting together. I'm not a huge fan of bananas anyway, but don't you DARE sully my precious mayonnaise with one. I almost always ask for extra mayo on sandwiches and burgers.

I think mayo is gross! Sorry...

I will take ALL the mayo.

• Oberon21
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I'm joining the gym today. It will be my first official workout at the gym with my boyfriend. I'm excited though! Sure I'll be unable to move later...

This is great news! Enjoy!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    So... I went grocery shopping. I rested up a bit after going out for iftar and told my husband that I thought I was up to it. It was a nightmare. :( For some reason, I expected the supermarket to be empty and so didn't steel myself for dealing with any crowd--physically I was somewhat okay (I used my husband and the shopping cart to keep me upright), but I got stressed and anxious out of my mind. If I hadn't had my shopping list in my hand, I would have forgotten everything I wanted to buy. As it is, I kept having to ask my husband to retrace our steps because I kept passing everything I wanted and having to go back for it again after reading it on the list. Ugh. :s

On a bright note, I have the ingredients I need to make AMAZING desserts for Eid! I'm making THREE peanut butter pies in an Oreo crust, topped with chocolate ganache and whipped cream with chocolate shavings--two of these will be going to my in-laws and we'll keep one--and a big pan of chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars, 2/3rds of which will also be going to the in-laws. This is going to be FUN! :smiley:
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I'm still terribly behind, hello from page 1136, but I have a few updates/things I need to get off my chest. This may be long so please bear with me. I won't be offended if you don't read it/care.

SD called Mr. Mo last night in tears because her mom is moving in with her boyfriend and she can't move with them. He told her she always has a place with us (which, believe it or not, I support) but she used the excuse it's too far for her to drive back and forth to work from our house. Mind you, in our city, you can get from one end to the other in around 20 minutes using the highways. Besides, what else does she have to pay for besides gas because she sure in the heck isn't paying for tags/insurance/car payment! (more on that later) Mr. Mo was VERY sympathetic, I was not. We're giving you place (nice) to stay RENT EFFING FREE but you can't afford the gas in a 4 cylinder Kia to drive to and from work?! Give me a break. I wish she'd just come out and say WHY she doesn't want to live with us so she can save up money for her own place.

While we were on vacation, she called him and said she had the money for her tags and would be by last weekend to get the registration/sticker and drop off the money. Well, big surprise, she never showed or called. Fast forward to last night where she has to use the tag money to pay for utilities or something in a friend's house she'll be temporarily staying in. Asinine if you ask me...see above bolded part.

On top of all of this, she tells Mr. Mo that she did end up taking Rory to the humane society but they had to put her down because she attacked a few of the volunteers. I'm sure this was due to being locked in a confined room for several years before coming to stay with us (where she also attacked Mr. Mo a few times). This really sucks because I think with the right family (earlier in life, she was 5) she could have been a great cat.

After Mr. Mo got off the phone with her, he was upset/sad, I was just upset. We tried talking about it, but I just got mad because I'm so sick and tired of her always having an excuse for everything, and the continuation of her taking advantage of her dad, and him letting her because he feels so guilty for not being able to be there for her while she was growing up. He was in tears by the time we were done talking because he just doesn't know what to do. I HATE seeing him cry. It breaks my heart and I will do everything in my power to keep it from happening.

Anyway, I'm not sure how this weekend will go. If she'll show up or not, or if she does, how the talk will go. We need to get this nonsense figured out so we don't end up fighting, or worse, stop talking altogether.

Hugs Mrs MO. I will comment more later just running out the door but wanted to let you know I did read and do care!