Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: THREE margaritas last night at the Mexican restaurant, then a copper camel when I got home...

Sounds delish!

It totally was. Vacation eating apparently started the night before...LOL

I always have at least 2 BIG frozen margaritas from my neighborhood joint along with a big plate of chori-pollo. Soooo good. Problem is the margs are so dense they give you the WORST brain freezes ever. I have them add an extra shot of the good stuff to help the melting process. lol

I like mine on the rocks. Don't be watering down my margarita with that blended ice! ;)
    I ate a stuffed avocado. Ever had one? Oh so good! They empty out the avocado skin and fill it with shrimp and crab and cheese, put the avocado on the plate to eat with. Squeeze some lime over that bad boy...mmmmmm!

I am a Margherita on the rocks with salt person too! But I never drink them any more because of the calories.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

Oh banana sandwiches are heavenly! I need one in my life here soon I do believe! Try it, it's better when there's not a lot of mayo, and it must be dukes mayo! ;)

I agree. They are good. Better than PB & banana. It has to be the grand a perfectly ripened banana, good mayo spread at the perfect thickness and soft, moist bread.

Ugh another who just can't wrap their head around mayo and bananas! I like bananas, they're not my favorite thing in the world but I LOVE mayonnaise- on LOTS.

I am sorry, but bananas and mayonnaise sound disgusting together. I'm not a huge fan of bananas anyway, but don't you DARE sully my precious mayonnaise with one. I almost always ask for extra mayo on sandwiches and burgers.

I think mayo is gross! Sorry...

Don't worry @MoHousdon and I will eat your portions!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    My one morning a week to lie on and here I am, bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6.30. I'm not happy!!

I stopped setting an alarm. I always wake up between 5:30 and 6:15 every day, no matter how late I'm up at night or how tired I am. Can't go back to sleep once I'm awake either. It stinks!

I'll join this club. But mine is every 4 hours. Whenever I go to bed...awake 4 hours later!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness @MoHousdon I don't really know what to say except that you are on such a higher level than me I would go off for real, what a spoiled brat (I apologize if that's strong) she needs to get over herself I just feel so bad for you and especially Mr Mo. ((Hugs)) I truly do hope things will eventually improve for you both, prayers and positive through the to your family!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon, I don't know what to say...except that that stinks and I'm so sorry that you guys are STILL dealing with this. I'm sad about the cat too. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    This is going to sound weird but I wish I knew you guys IRL lol…it helps SO much to be able to talk to someone. I’m the only one in my friend group that has kids, so sometimes I feel like I’m the “weirdo”.

Another woosh last night so I’m only 2 lb away from my first goal now. That’s nice, but all I can see is how far I have left to go :(
    And…would this bother anyone else? My brother in law gave us his car to either keep or sell and use the $ for the boy’s college tuition fund. I was thinking I’d drive it and sell mine. DH was off work yesterday and went and registered it at the Secretary of State. I realized if I sell my car, I will have nothing in my name. Bills, utilities, credit cards are in his name, his car is in his name, mine is in mine, but if I keep BIL’s car, it’s all in his name. It vaguely bothers me, like it’s the 1950’s and everything has to be in the man’s name. I work, I make 2/3 of what he does, but I contribute significantly. Am I being weird about this?

Ok so...hope I don't chase you off but your husband sounds a bit controlling. Besides the credit issue and the amazing legal issues if something happens to him, you just need equality in the relationship. And to feel you "own" something. Even if you don't 'work' it's a partnership. You contribute to the family and the home, etc. You deserve equality in all things.

My $.02 (I liked this treatment so am stealing it).
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Quite an exciting weekend lined up for me. We'll be telling my parents we're expecting their first grandchild. My mother will be ridiculously pleased as she's been dropping 'I wish I was a Grandma' hints for years. Although I am slightly wary as I value my privacy and this will truly let the cat out of the bag as she can't keep her mouth closed at all. All peace and quiet will be shattered!

Is it bad that I'm also pretty excited because there will be nice food? I've planned to tell them before dinner simply so I can eat cake without getting the usual 'aren't you watching your weight?' spiel.

This is wonderful and I am so honored that you shared this with us first.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    SandyBVTN wrote: »
    I just dropped a bunch of my salad into the crack of the couch and pulled it out, cat hair and all, and ate it. I had logged it already, so...

I swear, 90% of the food I eat is covered in cat hair.

Haha yeah me too. Sometimes I look down and see one floating on top of my food and I'm just like "meh, whatever" and continue eating.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 good luck on your race!!

Thank you!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon hugs to you and Mr. Mo!

I hope things work out.
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 you are wonder woman good luck doing the Iron man!!

It's only a 1/2 but thanks!

Good luck...excited for your update!
    @riderfangal, nothing wrong with new clothes!
    @spacequiztime, hope your shoulder feels better soon!
    Well, now that I'm a little calmer, I think I can update everyone on Raelynn's situation. (( Cliff noting what the doctor said and it's a bit long. ))

-She has been officially and definitely diagnosed with SPD and Anxiety.

-The only treatment for her SPD and (at her age) Anxiety is occupational and behavioral therapy. Unfortunately, we can't afford the therapy, so that can't happen until we get approved for TEFRA (secondary Medicaid for special needs and insurance), but:

-She is being referred to ChildFind (services through the school district), but the county/district we live in is notoriously difficult for getting kids in. We'll have to see what they tell us.

-Doctor also gave us information on some community resources that may be available for us, just depends on if there is anything in Laurens County.

-She scored an 81 on the tests they did yesterday, which puts her right below "average" for her age and development, but the score for "average" runs between an 85-115 (low average-high average) so according to that she's just below which could mean she will be denied TEFRA. Doctor did tell me to be prepared to file an appeal should that happen and she will help us with it.

-She's been having issues with going to sleep for a while now, like fighting sleep and crying at bedtime, and waking up multiple times in a night so we have to start her on melatonin 2 hours before bedtime, because she's so wound up she can't go to sleep (SPD effect). We also have to start her on a fiber regimen, because she has a terrible habit of holding poops (major SPD problem).

-Basically, we have to keep her life as routine and rigid as possible. No potty training, no big changes, just making sure she knows what to expect every day so hopefully it will help alleviate some of her anxiety issues until we can get therapy going. (Needless to say, our plans of "expanding our family" are on hold until further notice since that would obviously be a huge change in her life. Which, if putting that on hold makes her life easier and we can help her, I'm okay with that.)

She's got a long way to go, but we're going to do everything that we can to help her!

This must be so difficult for you. Best if luck getting her the treatment she deserves. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Thank you, Patricia! ❤️

I've had many times where I've just broken down and cried for her, I remember doing that in front of her therapist a few months back before we had to stop it and she hugged me and said "God gives special needs children to special parents for a reason." I always try to remember that when I get depressed or upset about her situation, because God gave me her for a reason, and I know she needs me and her daddy to be strong and help her. :)

I believe this. I always end up with 'special needs' animals. I think they find us.
    I firmly believe this too! We have said so many times that our beloved dachshund wouldn't have lived even half of his years if he hadn't found us for "parents"...he had everything wrong with him and we did so much for him! We joked that he was the million dollar dachshund...his vet file was about 3 inches thick! And our cat, Tater needs insulin shots 2x daily. We need to fill his prescription monthly...$275...every darn month. He knew where to find us! ;) Cats/dogs that need special attention or medication often get turned away...but we could never do it.

Me either. The needier the better. My Oberon had issues practically from the beginning. Lots of people advised me to sell him early on then to retire him in VA, where it was cheaper. No way. I gave him EVERY care he needed until the end. I wasn't able to ride him the last 6 or so years so I just grazed him for hours, groomed him, bathed him and loved him with all my heart. If he had live to 40 instead of 21 that would have continued. He enriched my life every day.

ETA I am not drunk and can't type. :)
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Yay for getting the groceries Susie. Too bad the shopping trip sucked though.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Had a crummy day at work today so I went and spent a whack of money on some new clothes after work. Thanks to the coworker who annoyed me I now have some new outfits.

This made me gleeful! I love new clothes and I really love the reason for your "retail therapy."

My favorite phrase in that was 'whack of money'. I need to adopt that phrase.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    I was going to go for a walk this evening but it's over 90 out there with the humidity.

I think I'll just stay in. This northern girl does not like hot.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I just dropped a bunch of my salad into the crack of the couch and pulled it out, cat hair and all, and ate it. I had logged it already, so...

Haha yeah me too. Sometimes I look down and see one floating on top of my food and I'm just like "meh, whatever" and continue eating.

Me too!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So... I went grocery shopping. I rested up a bit after going out for iftar and told my husband that I thought I was up to it. It was a nightmare. :( For some reason, I expected the supermarket to be empty and so didn't steel myself for dealing with any crowd--physically I was somewhat okay (I used my husband and the shopping cart to keep me upright), but I got stressed and anxious out of my mind. If I hadn't had my shopping list in my hand, I would have forgotten everything I wanted to buy. As it is, I kept having to ask my husband to retrace our steps because I kept passing everything I wanted and having to go back for it again after reading it on the list. Ugh. :s

On a bright note, I have the ingredients I need to make AMAZING desserts for Eid! I'm making THREE peanut butter pies in an Oreo crust, topped with chocolate ganache and whipped cream with chocolate shavings--two of these will be going to my in-laws and we'll keep one--and a big pan of chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars, 2/3rds of which will also be going to the in-laws. This is going to be FUN! :smiley:

Post pictures!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Quite an exciting weekend lined up for me. We'll be telling my parents we're expecting their first grandchild. My mother will be ridiculously pleased as she's been dropping 'I wish I was a Grandma' hints for years. Although I am slightly wary as I value my privacy and this will truly let the cat out of the bag as she can't keep her mouth closed at all. All peace and quiet will be shattered!

Is it bad that I'm also pretty excited because there will be nice food? I've planned to tell them before dinner simply so I can eat cake without getting the usual 'aren't you watching your weight?' spiel.

Yay I am sure she was over the moon:). You can't go wrong with yummy food.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @MoHousdon this makes me so angry on so many fronts for you and your husband and the cat. I hope that cat comes back as a shadow cat and haunts her dreams.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 and @LBuehrle8 Retail therapy was so fun. I went To Ricki's and bought 2 new shirts and some capris. Was pretty happy when the first stuff I tried on was too big and the saleslady had to go grab smaller sizes. Yay!!

Today's NSV!

Thanks! I actually almost cried. Stupid hey

NOT STUPID!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Ha! I find cat hair everywhere too!