Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    This is sort of a confession. I'm not that good with words. I'm not a quick thinker at all. I'm one of those people that thinks of the perfect thing to say 10 minutes after the conversation is over. Sometimes on here I want to comment but can't think of anything useful to say so I just don't comment or I wait for someone else to say what I'm feeling and say "yeah, me too!" Anyway, the other day I was talking to a coworker and she commented on how good I looked, had I lost more weight, yadda, yadda. (which I'm kinda uncomfortable talking about my weight loss) I mumbled something about "ha, I wish" but she has recently lost some weight too and I didn't even think to say anything to her until I walked away. I felt bad. I'm pretty sure she was fishing for a compliment and I completely blew it, I would have given it to her too cause she looks great but sometimes I'm incredibly self centered.

I am the exact same way. I've started replies to posts on here then abandon them because I can't figure out how to properly word them (and now I'm worried that this one won't make sense). I don't think it's about being self-centered, I think it's more of an anxiety thing. It's like I get overwhelmed trying to form an appropriate response, then I miss the opportunities to ask questions or compliment the other person. I always have snappy responses after the fact :disappointed:

I will say though that just because someone compliments you does not mean that you have to compliment them back. If at another time you think she's looking great then say so. It will seem more sincere since you've brought it up on your own.

I have this problem in real life all the time... especially in an argument. In here I have no issues...I probably say too much! But the beauty of this is you can take as long as you like for the perfect response. ;)

Did you ever watch the show "Sabrina the Teenage Witch"? She could stop time whenever she wanted. I've always wanted this skill. When I get stumped for a response, I could freeze time and form a witty reply before unfreezing. People would think I was so clever.

ETA: I also still want the ability to change my outfit/hair style with a snap of my fingers.

Or have a Zack Morris time out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO2SirSH7Rg
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay four weeks from today I'm headed to the UK!!!! :):) Strictly staying under calories and doing my workouts until London!! Woot woot!!

Please take lots of pics. Going to Europe has been a dream of mine since I was 14. I hope you have a fabulous time
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Okay four weeks from today I'm headed to the UK!!!! :):) Strictly staying under calories and doing my workouts until London!! Woot woot!!

Please take lots of pics. Going to Europe has been a dream of mine since I was 14. I hope you have a fabulous time

Me too!! I never thought I'd get to go! I will take pictures of everything!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Yay for getting the groceries Susie. Too bad the shopping trip sucked though.

I have to admit that I'm giddy with the crazy amount of stuff I bought. Check out the list I made:
     Brown Sugar – One package, light, 500 grams
     Cream cheese – One kilo
     Eggs – 15 eggs
     Chocolate chips, milk – Two packages, 600 grams
     Chocolate chips, white – One package, 300 grams
     Whipping cream – One package, 500mL
     Cool Whip – Three containers, 225 grams EACH, OR add one liter of whipping cream
     Dark chocolate bars – 300 grams OR use existing semi sweet chips?
     Oreos – Two family packages OR 50 individual cookies in available packaging.
     Cadbury Flake bars – Three bars
    o Powdered Sugar – One package, 500 grams
    o Vanilla extract – One bottle
     Peanut butter – One kilo
     Butter – Three bricks, 600 grams

This is going to be awesome! I'm so excited that I want to start NOW!

Your husband is one lucky guy to have a wife who bakes such wonderful treats!! I'm so excited for you!

He probably doesn't think he's so lucky when those treats make him gain weight. :p I've managed to consistently win his #1 ranking for all kinds of baked goods and even for calorie-reduced cooking. :smiley: (Obviously the full-fat calorie-laden cooking always wins, no lower-calorie food can beat the original thing; but I showed him that calorie-reduced food doesn't have to taste bland or be boring!)

I have to admit that I find the creating of the treats even more fun and exciting than eating them! I can't wait to "build" the peanut butter pie for the first time!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Guess who can walk today?! :smiley:

Okay, so it's not exactly walking. I can use my walker or lean on Mr. Susie's arm and walk almost normally for short distances, or I can toddle very, very slowly like a baby just learning to walk by myself for very short distances.

Since I could walk a little, we got to go out to Subway for iftar today! :smiley: Now I'm exhausted, but it was nice to get out, even if just for a meal. :)

Also, I was able to stand long enough to weigh myself today, and I've lost 1.1 kilos! That's almost exactly two pounds on the button. That means that I only have 3.1 kilos left to get my Fitbit! That's 6.8 pounds. :)

I am so happy to see that you could at least get around a little easier today. What's your favorite thing to order in Subway? Do you have any things there that are special for Saudi Arabia?

Great job on losing weight. How are you doing on your Fitbit goal?

But I just mentioned it in the same post. :o 3.1 kilos (or 6.8 pounds) left to lose before I earn my Fitbit! :)

Subway has pretty much the same stuff as they do in the U.S., as far as I know, but they're made with all halal-slaughtered meats and no pork. Bacon becomes beef strips, pepperoni is beef, etc. :) They do have jumbo hotdogs in Saudi Arabia though, which they don't have in Oman, along with a Halloumi cheese melt (I hate Halloumi cheese. So rubbery and weird!) and supposedly a kabab one (I've never seen them actually have the kabab one in stock). :)

My two most favorite sandwiches are the steak and cheese and the chicken fajita. I like the steak and cheese the most, but chicken fajita is a close second and I choose it when I don't have as many calories to spare. :) We eat at Subway pretty often because their subs are pretty calorie-friendly compared to the meals available at most other restaurants. Soup and sandwich restaurants (like Tim Hortons, as an example) don't even seem to exist here, whereas there are tons of them in Oman. Which stinks. :-/
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm excited because being able to walk means I might be able to go to the supermarket tomorrow! I've mentioned my love for supermarkets before--it borders on obsession. ;)

And this time it's extra-exciting because I get to buy the ingredients for the Eid desserts I'm going to be making! :) I can't wait! :smiley:

Susie you & I both:D. I love to try & find the new food items I find on The Impulsive Buy website & usually get pouty when I can't. What are you most looking forward to buying?

A coworker said Ben & Jerry's has their Cotton Candy flavor out for the summer & I will have to try & find that eventually.

Ice cream! I got plenty more of the new flavors I mentioned before today (Speculoos, Red Velvet Cheesecake, and Mint Chocolate Crunch). The other ingredients I bought are pretty plain, but they combine to make AMAZING desserts, so that's what I'm most excited about. ;)

For me, going to the supermarket isn't about buying new or exciting stuff, usually: I'm rather obstinate about buying the EXACT SAME foods from the EXACT SAME brands every single time. I just love the supermarket and the atmosphere and the colorful packaging everywhere and the bread smells from the bakery section and the spacey, open aisles and.. and.. Sigh. It's just so wonderful! <3
  • Susieq_1994
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Your husband is a lucky duck. You seem like an amazing baker. If only I lived closer to you... you could dump all the baked goods you want on me! :lol:

When I was in high school I was desperately trying to lose weight. I was on a ''raw diet'' that wasn't the healthiest and I was probably eating around 400 calories a day. I had dreams of food every night, obsessively watched the food channel, and baked tons of goods to give away to people. For some reason being around the cookies and stuff comforted me. Of course I now recognize that that whole thing wasn't the healthiest... but I still like to bake! It's super fun (and makes your house smell amazing). These days if I bake something I'm definitely gonna eat it :lol:

Speaking of food dreams... I had a dream last night that my sister got arrested for murder and I smuggled my peanut butter pie into jail so she could eat some. When I told her about it this morning she thought it was absolutely hilarious.

Editing to add... I try to talk my husband into letting me dump them all on my in-laws, but since it's not exactly normal behavior in Arab culture he discourages that. But who doesn't like getting fresh baked goods delivered to their door?! :p
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, kind of funny story. You guys know how I go for walks with my son all the time.. Well, the other day we saw 3 traps (picture 1) using marshmallows as bait and couldn't imagine what they would be trying to catch. Well, mystery solved! As we walked by this afternoon, I heard scratching and banging noises coming from their yard, looked over and saw this little guy scaling the side of the house and crawling under the roofing! Look closely (picture 2)...see him peeking at us?0zoyzx2r0hzl.jpg

OMG! It's like playing Where's Racoon.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Mine too. I want to live vicariously through you!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Okay, so it's not exactly walking. I can use my walker or lean on Mr. Susie's arm and walk almost normally for short distances, or I can toddle very, very slowly like a baby just learning to walk by myself for very short distances.

Since I could walk a little, we got to go out to Subway for iftar today! :smiley: Now I'm exhausted, but it was nice to get out, even if just for a meal. :)

Also, I was able to stand long enough to weigh myself today, and I've lost 1.1 kilos! That's almost exactly two pounds on the button. That means that I only have 3.1 kilos left to get my Fitbit! That's 6.8 pounds. :)

I am so happy to see that you could at least get around a little easier today. What's your favorite thing to order in Subway? Do you have any things there that are special for Saudi Arabia?

But I just mentioned it in the same post. :o 3.1 kilos (or 6.8 pounds) left to lose before I earn my Fitbit! :)

Subway has pretty much the same stuff as they do in the U.S., as far as I know, but they're made with all halal-slaughtered meats and no pork. Bacon becomes beef strips, pepperoni is beef, etc. :) They do have jumbo hotdogs in Saudi Arabia though, which they don't have in Oman, along with a Halloumi cheese melt (I hate Halloumi cheese. So rubbery and weird!) and supposedly a kabab one (I've never seen them actually have the kabab one in stock). :)

My two most favorite sandwiches are the steak and cheese and the chicken fajita. I like the steak and cheese the most, but chicken fajita is a close second and I choose it when I don't have as many calories to spare. :) We eat at Subway pretty often because their subs are pretty calorie-friendly compared to the meals available at most other restaurants. Soup and sandwich restaurants (like Tim Hortons, as an example) don't even seem to exist here, whereas there are tons of them in Oman. Which stinks. :-/

Smacks myself in the forehead! Ooh 6.8 pounds is very doable & the Fitbit will be your's! The Chicken Fajita sounds yummy. I haven't ate at Subway for awhile & might have to stop by one day & get an Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sub on Italian Herbs & Cheese bread.
  • Glinda1971
    edited July 2015
    Options
    There are actually two things on my bucket list for Europe. And I will make one of them happen for sure. One of my mother's uncles was killed in WW2 in the Netherlands and is buried there. To be the first member of my family to visit his grave is actually a priority for me.

And speaking of strange things - my grandmother had 4 brothers who fought in that war and my mom is named for the only one who didn't come home. But..... She was born 2 years before he was killed.

The other is seeing the ruins of the castle Grant near Iverness.
  • Glinda1971
    Options

Smacks myself in the forehead! Ooh 6.8 pounds is very doable & the Fitbit will be your's! The Chicken Fajita sounds yummy. I haven't ate at Subway for awhile & might have to stop by one day & get an Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sub on Italian Herbs & Cheese bread.

That is my favourite. With cucumbers, red onion, spinach and light mayo. And extra cheese if I have the room.
  • Glinda1971
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I keep killing the thread. :'(
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

That is my favourite. With cucumbers, red onion, spinach and light mayo. And extra cheese if I have the room.

I have to admit that I despise the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast. It tastes like warm air to me. :-/ Absolutely no taste or substance to the thing!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

The thread is very much alive! ;) It's going to be really dead this weekend, though--tons of people going on vacation, plus weekends are always quiet. Bleh. I always feel a void during the weekends that's filled by this thread on weekdays! ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    There are actually two things on my bucket list for Europe. And I will make one of them happen for sure. One of my mother's uncles was killed in WW2 in the Netherlands and is buried there. To be the first member of my family to visit his grave is actually a priority for me.

And speaking of strange things - my grandmother had 4 brothers who fought in that war and my mom is named for the only one who didn't come home. But..... She was born 2 years before he was killed.

What a sad but really neat story, I hope you definitely get over to the Netherlands one day!
  • Glinda1971
    Options

The thread is very much alive! ;) It's going to be really dead this weekend, though--tons of people going on vacation, plus weekends are always quiet. Bleh. I always feel a void during the weekends that's filled by this thread on weekdays! ;)

I was kidding a bit. This morning and now when I posted I kept looking for replies and nothing.

Watch the random pictures thread this weekend though, I'm going to fire up my husband's laptop and find my airplane pics. Plus my pictures from my first trip to see the ocean! Which, by the way, I waded in, even though it was the middle of April and just above freezing.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p
  • Glinda1971
    Options

What a sad but really neat story, I hope you definitely get over to the Netherlands one day!

I will. Now that I've been to the ocean it is the number one thing I want to do. Maybe once my husband gets on full time instead of seasonal, we will have the money to go.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

I will. Now that I've been to the ocean it is the number one thing I want to do. Maybe once my husband gets on full time instead of seasonal, we will have the money to go.

The money's definitely the hardest part I keep telling my SO I'm already saving for my next trip over there!