Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, kind of funny story. You guys know how I go for walks with my son all the time.. Well, the other day we saw 3 traps (picture 1) using marshmallows as bait and couldn't imagine what they would be trying to catch. Well, mystery solved! As we walked by this afternoon, I heard scratching and banging noises coming from their yard, looked over and saw this little guy scaling the side of the house and crawling under the roofing! Look closely (picture 2)...see him peeking at us?0zoyzx2r0hzl.jpg

OMG! It's like playing Where's Racoon.

That is just too cute!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm excited because being able to walk means I might be able to go to the supermarket tomorrow! I've mentioned my love for supermarkets before--it borders on obsession. ;)

And this time it's extra-exciting because I get to buy the ingredients for the Eid desserts I'm going to be making! :) I can't wait! :smiley:

Susie you & I both:D. I love to try & find the new food items I find on The Impulsive Buy website & usually get pouty when I can't. What are you most looking forward to buying?

A coworker said Ben & Jerry's has their Cotton Candy flavor out for the summer & I will have to try & find that eventually.

Ice cream! I got plenty more of the new flavors I mentioned before today (Speculoos, Red Velvet Cheesecake, and Mint Chocolate Crunch). The other ingredients I bought are pretty plain, but they combine to make AMAZING desserts, so that's what I'm most excited about. ;)

For me, going to the supermarket isn't about buying new or exciting stuff, usually: I'm rather obstinate about buying the EXACT SAME foods from the EXACT SAME brands every single time. I just love the supermarket and the atmosphere and the colorful packaging everywhere and the bread smells from the bakery section and the spacey, open aisles and.. and.. Sigh. It's just so wonderful! <3

I hate the supermarket. It confuses me and I can never find what I want. It's one of my least favorite places to be.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay four weeks from today I'm headed to the UK!!!! :):) Strictly staying under calories and doing my workouts until London!! Woot woot!!

Woo hoo! Make sure you plan time for our UK friends!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I didn't get into hogwarts. That makes me a little sad.

After all my user name is a witch.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a really good half ironman this weekend Patricia!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

- The horse lady (@pofoster21)
    - The llama lady (@ythannah)
    - The friendly lady (@LBuehrle8)
    - The cookie-face lady (@spamarie)
    - The Dr. Elmo lady (obviously @nonoelmo)
    - The Mo lady (@MoHousdon)

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Do I have a special name? Just wondering haha! ;)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Oh, after browsing around Academy this evening, I finally picked out what I want as an anniversary gift this year: a bike with appropriate gear, a seat for Raelynn to ride in along with gear for her, and more workout clothes! I was wanting to go to Charleston or Hilton Head again, but I'd rather have the bike and workout clothes now lol! I'll have to get it all next week sometime since that check will be bigger and more spending money, but it still counts!

I'm excited, and still amazed I found someone willing to deal with me and all my issues. 4 years married August 8th, together 5 years November 15th (and yes we celebrate both), and he still makes me fall in love with him more every single day. ❤️

(Ahem, by the way, @TigerNY128 Raelynn and I will be in Greenville again on Wednesday! ;) )
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I didn't get into hogwarts. That makes me a little sad.

After all my user name is a witch.

I didn't either. Was so sad.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How do I tell my DOH! that the dress I bought at the thrift shop today is the same one I donated 8 months ago because I couldn't squeeze into it?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    How do I tell my DOH! that the dress I bought at the thrift shop today is the same one I donated 8 months ago because I couldn't squeeze into it?

I don't know but that made me laugh
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Okay four weeks from today I'm headed to the UK!!!! :):) Strictly staying under calories and doing my workouts until London!! Woot woot!!

You can do it! So jealous about London!!
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    Confession: My husband is really, really bad with names. When referring to this thread and mentioning various people, he (we?) have coined various terms to help him keep track of who I'm talking about. A few of these are:

... Among others. Don't blame me for your new names though... I swear they're his fault! :p

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

Me too!

• TigerNY128
    Options

Oh, after browsing around Academy this evening, I finally picked out what I want as an anniversary gift this year: a bike with appropriate gear, a seat for Raelynn to ride in along with gear for her, and more workout clothes! I was wanting to go to Charleston or Hilton Head again, but I'd rather have the bike and workout clothes now lol! I'll have to get it all next week sometime since that check will be bigger and more spending money, but it still counts!

I'm excited, and still amazed I found someone willing to deal with me and all my issues. 4 years married August 8th, together 5 years November 15th (and yes we celebrate both), and he still makes me fall in love with him more every single day. ❤️

(Ahem, by the way, @TigerNY128 Raelynn and I will be in Greenville again on Wednesday! ;) )

I am in a 2 day finance conference next week...which sucks for many reasons...mainly, the fact that I'm in a 2 day finance conference! Lol. I think it's Tuesday and Wednesday but I'll let you know for sure when I know! We definitely need to meet up sometime!!!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Hey @Susieq_1994, I have a couple more questions that just popped into my head. So I was wondering, since you were sick, do you get a special exclusion from prayers, or do you have to make them up later (I think you mentioned it before)?

Also, I've been watching The Ashes (cricket for those who don't know) and one of the English players, Moeen Ali, is a Muslim, and I read an article saying that he is observing Ramadan. I don't know that I've ever seen him take a drink during the drinks breaks, but it has been unseasonably hot (well, the English definition of the word "hot"), so I was wondering if he would also have to "make up" fasting when the series is over?
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Please someone motivate me to get off this couch and go for a walk. I have zero energy and my little man is at his dads. If drastic measures aren't taken I will sit here and eat everything in sight. I have already been eyeing the jar of PB

Tough love ahead:

GET OFF THE SOFA! Go for a walk or a swim or something, so you have something to tell little man when he gets back. Otherwise he'll soon cotton on you're miserable when he's not there and that's not a burden he should be carrying. Make use of this time to look after you. So he comes back to the best you possible, relaxed and refreshed, not sick and guilty

Eta: sorry, that might be a bit late
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird but I wish I knew you guys IRL lol…it helps SO much to be able to talk to someone. I’m the only one in my friend group that has kids, so sometimes I feel like I’m the “weirdo”.

Another woosh last night so I’m only 2 lb away from my first goal now. That’s nice, but all I can see is how far I have left to go :(
    And…would this bother anyone else? My brother in law gave us his car to either keep or sell and use the $ for the boy’s college tuition fund. I was thinking I’d drive it and sell mine. DH was off work yesterday and went and registered it at the Secretary of State. I realized if I sell my car, I will have nothing in my name. Bills, utilities, credit cards are in his name, his car is in his name, mine is in mine, but if I keep BIL’s car, it’s all in his name. It vaguely bothers me, like it’s the 1950’s and everything has to be in the man’s name. I work, I make 2/3 of what he does, but I contribute significantly. Am I being weird about this?

I don't think you're being weird. I feel there is nothing wrong with wanting some independence, even within a relationship.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 i hope the half goes well, I know you'll do well, you are awesome and such an inspiration
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Wahoo!!!! :)
    @Glinda1971, I hope you get to cross those two things off your bucket list! :)
    @riderfangal, I know it's the next morning now...but hopefully someone helped motivate you to get off the couch...and stay away from the peanut butter!!! It's the devil! ;)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Those are too cute! Good job @mrsusie

I have to start posting more. I want a nickname.

Same! :)
    By the way @susieq_1994 I unfortunately can never buy speculoos cookie butter EVER again! The jar I bought Monday is gone already, whoops!! :o

That's what happens when I buy it too except it's usually gone the very same day! :(
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, kind of funny story. You guys know how I go for walks with my son all the time.. Well, the other day we saw 3 traps (picture 1) using marshmallows as bait and couldn't imagine what they would be trying to catch. Well, mystery solved! As we walked by this afternoon, I heard scratching and banging noises coming from their yard, looked over and saw this little guy scaling the side of the house and crawling under the roofing! Look closely (picture 2)...see him peeking at us?0zoyzx2r0hzl.jpg

OMG! It's like playing Where's Racoon.

That is just too cute!

We couldn't walk away! I wanted to just watch him the whole time. And who knew that raccoons loved marshmallows? I certainly didn't! Learn something new every day! :)
    ohgeeque wrote: »

Haha. I don't know but when you figure it out, let us know.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I'm not sure you'll see this before you go but GOOD LUCK, @pofoster21!!!!!!!