Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm excited because being able to walk means I might be able to go to the supermarket tomorrow! I've mentioned my love for supermarkets before--it borders on obsession. ;)

And this time it's extra-exciting because I get to buy the ingredients for the Eid desserts I'm going to be making! :) I can't wait! :smiley:

Susie you & I both:D. I love to try & find the new food items I find on The Impulsive Buy website & usually get pouty when I can't. What are you most looking forward to buying?

A coworker said Ben & Jerry's has their Cotton Candy flavor out for the summer & I will have to try & find that eventually.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    So I mentioned about my bf the other night and the blame thing. He's just provided me with an example. He was out at a dinner at work. He drove and got the train back. I'm going to take him to get his car tomorrow and picked him up from a station in a different village which is on the right train line to save him having to change trains. He's come home and we put a TV show on before bed, then the tv wouldn't turn off, and I said it'd done it earlier. He gets in a bit of a huff and starts on 'I don't know what you've done to it' our tv has been having issues lately where it turns itself off at random. I point this out, and get told that's totally different. It just really winds me up that it always has to have been something I've done.
    I can understand your feelings. I feel like my boyfriend does this to me too a lot :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Dahhhh confession- I waaay over ate today! I was back on track for a couple days but completely fell off today. Ugh trying to get my head back in this game!

You are not alone-
    yl3voixjeint.jpg

I would say today is a new day, but I'm headed for a similar day today- sushi for lunch, then a birthday party. No planned exercise today either! SMH

Tomorrow?!

I was under yesterday...but I most likely won't be today or tomorrow (although I will try!!)...birthday lunch for husband and family get together tomorrow for lunch as well. I can't control myself with yummy restaurant food. Oh well, we can all hop back on the wagon together.

First- I can't control myself at restaurants either!
    Second- yes, let's all rally back to it together! The support definitely helps me as I know I'm not alone in the struggle :)

We got back from my husband's birthday lunch a bit ago...we started with a giant plate of french fries...which I ate a lot of with a ton of ketchup. Then for my lunch, I had three(!) fried avocado street tacos (grilled flour tortillas, fried avocado, kimchi, pineapple salsa, lettuce, and chipotle lime drizzle) and small a serving of chips and salsa. We finished it off by sharing a very large warm brownie sundae...topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. So yeah, like I said...I have a hard time controlling myself at restaurants. Haha.

Side note...I'm trying to stay caught up but I'm feeling dizzy and light headed...right when we got to lunch and stopped the car, I felt like it was still moving. Walking in, I felt like I was going to tip over and then off and on throughout the meal, I felt like I couldn't focus my eyes... Got home and tried to nap after putting my son down for his nap and the room was spinning... :(

Wow Kelly that all sounds amazing! You can't go wrong with a brownie sundae.

Ah, I hope you're feeling better!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @girldownsouth ((hugs)) I'm sorry about the issues with your SO, I hope he stops blaming you for silly things, that doesn't sound fair :(
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @FluffySandwich Sorry to hear about your SO doing that to you too :( ((hugs))
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @girldownsouth ((hugs)) I'm sorry about the issues with your SO, I hope he stops blaming you for silly things, that doesn't sound fair :(

Tbh, he's always done it, I can't really see it actually changing. We've been together a long time and obviously there are reasons. What's crazy is he always overreacts to silly things, gets angry and does the blame thing, but big things he is much calmer over.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    So I mentioned about my bf the other night and the blame thing. He's just provided me with an example. He was out at a dinner at work. He drove and got the train back. I'm going to take him to get his car tomorrow and picked him up from a station in a different village which is on the right train line to save him having to change trains. He's come home and we put a TV show on before bed, then the tv wouldn't turn off, and I said it'd done it earlier. He gets in a bit of a huff and starts on 'I don't know what you've done to it' our tv has been having issues lately where it turns itself off at random. I point this out, and get told that's totally different. It just really winds me up that it always has to have been something I've done.
    I can understand your feelings. I feel like my boyfriend does this to me too a lot :(

It's frustrating isn't it. And I really don't understand it, I don't know what makes them think in the way that someone must be to blame.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So... I went grocery shopping. I rested up a bit after going out for iftar and told my husband that I thought I was up to it. It was a nightmare. :( For some reason, I expected the supermarket to be empty and so didn't steel myself for dealing with any crowd--physically I was somewhat okay (I used my husband and the shopping cart to keep me upright), but I got stressed and anxious out of my mind. If I hadn't had my shopping list in my hand, I would have forgotten everything I wanted to buy. As it is, I kept having to ask my husband to retrace our steps because I kept passing everything I wanted and having to go back for it again after reading it on the list. Ugh. :s

On a bright note, I have the ingredients I need to make AMAZING desserts for Eid! I'm making THREE peanut butter pies in an Oreo crust, topped with chocolate ganache and whipped cream with chocolate shavings--two of these will be going to my in-laws and we'll keep one--and a big pan of chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars, 2/3rds of which will also be going to the in-laws. This is going to be FUN! :smiley:

Post pictures!

Believe me, I will! I'll also post the recipes in the Super Great Recipe thread if they turn out well--I don't like to post anything that I haven't tried myself first. :)

Yay! When I get home I am printing all of these to save....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Yay for getting the groceries Susie. Too bad the shopping trip sucked though.

I have to admit that I'm giddy with the crazy amount of stuff I bought. Check out the list I made:
     Brown Sugar – One package, light, 500 grams
     Cream cheese – One kilo
     Eggs – 15 eggs
     Chocolate chips, milk – Two packages, 600 grams
     Chocolate chips, white – One package, 300 grams
     Whipping cream – One package, 500mL
     Cool Whip – Three containers, 225 grams EACH, OR add one liter of whipping cream
     Dark chocolate bars – 300 grams OR use existing semi sweet chips?
     Oreos – Two family packages OR 50 individual cookies in available packaging.
     Cadbury Flake bars – Three bars
    o Powdered Sugar – One package, 500 grams
    o Vanilla extract – One bottle
     Peanut butter – One kilo
     Butter – Three bricks, 600 grams

This is going to be awesome! I'm so excited that I want to start NOW!

Mmmmmm
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I had the exact thoughts about getting banana gunk on your hands :tongue:

Also, I grew up in South Carolina and I have never had a banana and mayo sandwich. Not only that, but it sounds disgusting to me! I already don't like mayonnaise that much, but maybe I'd like the sandwich. Who knows? I think it was Italian_Buju who mentioned eating tomato and peanut butter sandwiches. All kinds of combinations you'd never think to try out there.

Oh banana sandwiches are heavenly! I need one in my life here soon I do believe! Try it, it's better when there's not a lot of mayo, and it must be dukes mayo! ;)

I agree. They are good. Better than PB & banana. It has to be the grand a perfectly ripened banana, good mayo spread at the perfect thickness and soft, moist bread.

Ugh another who just can't wrap their head around mayo and bananas! I like bananas, they're not my favorite thing in the world but I LOVE mayonnaise- on LOTS.

I am sorry, but bananas and mayonnaise sound disgusting together. I'm not a huge fan of bananas anyway, but don't you DARE sully my precious mayonnaise with one. I almost always ask for extra mayo on sandwiches and burgers.

I think mayo is gross! Sorry...

Don't worry @MoHousdon and I will eat your portions!

And be welcome to them!
  • FluffySandwich
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @FluffySandwich Sorry to hear about your SO doing that to you too :( ((hugs))

Thank you... you're kind!

It's frustrating isn't it. And I really don't understand it, I don't know what makes them think in the way that someone must be to blame.
    Very much frustrating.

I felt too bad about the rest of this post to keep it :confounded: I feel like I'm just talking about someone behind their back :lol:
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Quite an exciting weekend lined up for me. We'll be telling my parents we're expecting their first grandchild. My mother will be ridiculously pleased as she's been dropping 'I wish I was a Grandma' hints for years. Although I am slightly wary as I value my privacy and this will truly let the cat out of the bag as she can't keep her mouth closed at all. All peace and quiet will be shattered!
    What fun! Do you have a plan for how to tell them? If not, let me tell you what I did when we told my husband's parents that we were having their first grandchild: I wrapped a baby bootie knitting pattern, some knitting needles and a ball of white yarn in a gift bag and gave it to granny-to-be. Watching her upwrapping, looking confused and then figure it out was just lovely - we also knew how delighted they'd be.

• Oberon21
    Options

Totally agree...he has issues.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I confess it's getting impossible for me to keep up and answer everyone I would like to. This makes me sad. :(
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Your husband is a lucky duck. You seem like an amazing baker. If only I lived closer to you... you could dump all the baked goods you want on me! :lol:

When I was in high school I was desperately trying to lose weight. I was on a ''raw diet'' that wasn't the healthiest and I was probably eating around 400 calories a day. I had dreams of food every night, obsessively watched the food channel, and baked tons of goods to give away to people. For some reason being around the cookies and stuff comforted me. Of course I now recognize that that whole thing wasn't the healthiest... but I still like to bake! It's super fun (and makes your house smell amazing). These days if I bake something I'm definitely gonna eat it :lol:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    snooksmama wrote: »
    i dont see any reason to 'hide' anything - i am trying to 'chart' everything as i eat it, and i am not allowing myself to be ashamed. I am doing this to wake myself up to what i am eating. Its a tool. I dont think anyone else sees my food logs and if they do, i could care less. BUT...that being said, I only chart my weight when i can log a LOSS. I went about a week of a few ups and downs and i didnt chart my weight at all. I like to see that graph going DOWN. I must be doing something right, i have lost over 12 lbs since early May. Cheers to everyone, you are going a great job! Just being on here and using the app - we are all human and certainly not perfect, and doing the best we can!!

You're doing super great by losing 12 pounds in only a few months. Thanks for posting about not being perfect & I agree we can only try the best we can.

At times thinking about calories, macros, & just thinking about food period can make you go crazy.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    This is sort of a confession. I'm not that good with words. I'm not a quick thinker at all. I'm one of those people that thinks of the perfect thing to say 10 minutes after the conversation is over. Sometimes on here I want to comment but can't think of anything useful to say so I just don't comment or I wait for someone else to say what I'm feeling and say "yeah, me too!" Anyway, the other day I was talking to a coworker and she commented on how good I looked, had I lost more weight, yadda, yadda. (which I'm kinda uncomfortable talking about my weight loss) I mumbled something about "ha, I wish" but she has recently lost some weight too and I didn't even think to say anything to her until I walked away. I felt bad. I'm pretty sure she was fishing for a compliment and I completely blew it, I would have given it to her too cause she looks great but sometimes I'm incredibly self centered.

I am the exact same way. I've started replies to posts on here then abandon them because I can't figure out how to properly word them (and now I'm worried that this one won't make sense). I don't think it's about being self-centered, I think it's more of an anxiety thing. It's like I get overwhelmed trying to form an appropriate response, then I miss the opportunities to ask questions or compliment the other person. I always have snappy responses after the fact :disappointed:

I will say though that just because someone compliments you does not mean that you have to compliment them back. If at another time you think she's looking great then say so. It will seem more sincere since you've brought it up on your own.

Sometimes I hesitate on congratulating people on weight loss now unless they bring it up. I had a few people who didn't say anything to me at first because they thought I had gotten really sick & I know some people don't like to have a lot of attention brought on themselves.

Working with the public the only times I hate when people bring up my weight is when they're saying I've lost too much or wasting away (I am around 155-160 & hardly think that is too thin), they try to give me advice which is basically Dr. Oz/fad diets/broscience, or ask for advice & think I took some magic pill & don't want to hear it takes at least some work.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @Tubbs216 don't worry about keeping up/responding just don't leave us!!!
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    So I got a game in the mail today. It's from the Harvest Moon series... nothing hardcore but I've always found it adorable and relaxing. You basically just go around town building your home and relationships and farming. Just a quiet and cute game :) Right now I'm feeling a bit panicky (I don't know if my posts show it or not) so I'm hoping it can soothe me :tongue:
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Okay four weeks from today I'm headed to the UK!!!! :):) Strictly staying under calories and doing my workouts until London!! Woot woot!!