Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Dahhhh confession- I waaay over ate today! I was back on track for a couple days but completely fell off today. Ugh trying to get my head back in this game!

You are not alone-
    yl3voixjeint.jpg

I would say today is a new day, but I'm headed for a similar day today- sushi for lunch, then a birthday party. No planned exercise today either! SMH

Tomorrow?!

I was under yesterday...but I most likely won't be today or tomorrow (although I will try!!)...birthday lunch for husband and family get together tomorrow for lunch as well. I can't control myself with yummy restaurant food. Oh well, we can all hop back on the wagon together.

First- I can't control myself at restaurants either!
    Second- yes, let's all rally back to it together! The support definitely helps me as I know I'm not alone in the struggle :)

We got back from my husband's birthday lunch a bit ago...we started with a giant plate of french fries...which I ate a lot of with a ton of ketchup. Then for my lunch, I had three(!) fried avocado street tacos (grilled flour tortillas, fried avocado, kimchi, pineapple salsa, lettuce, and chipotle lime drizzle) and small a serving of chips and salsa. We finished it off by sharing a very large warm brownie sundae...topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. So yeah, like I said...I have a hard time controlling myself at restaurants. Haha.

Side note...I'm trying to stay caught up but I'm feeling dizzy and light headed...right when we got to lunch and stopped the car, I felt like it was still moving. Walking in, I felt like I was going to tip over and then off and on throughout the meal, I felt like I couldn't focus my eyes... Got home and tried to nap after putting my son down for his nap and the room was spinning... :(

Hope you feel better soon! Is your hubby home?
  • kellienw335
    Options
    4.5 hours til holidays start. I don't think the clock can move any slower today!

I didn't realize you were going on vacation too! Where are you going?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Dahhhh confession- I waaay over ate today! I was back on track for a couple days but completely fell off today. Ugh trying to get my head back in this game!

You are not alone-
    yl3voixjeint.jpg

I would say today is a new day, but I'm headed for a similar day today- sushi for lunch, then a birthday party. No planned exercise today either! SMH

Tomorrow?!

I was under yesterday...but I most likely won't be today or tomorrow (although I will try!!)...birthday lunch for husband and family get together tomorrow for lunch as well. I can't control myself with yummy restaurant food. Oh well, we can all hop back on the wagon together.

Second- yes, let's all rally back to it together! The support definitely helps me as I know I'm not alone in the struggle :)

We got back from my husband's birthday lunch a bit ago...we started with a giant plate of french fries...which I ate a lot of with a ton of ketchup. Then for my lunch, I had three(!) fried avocado street tacos (grilled flour tortillas, fried avocado, kimchi, pineapple salsa, lettuce, and chipotle lime drizzle) and small a serving of chips and salsa. We finished it off by sharing a very large warm brownie sundae...topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. So yeah, like I said...I have a hard time controlling myself at restaurants. Haha.

Side note...I'm trying to stay caught up but I'm feeling dizzy and light headed...right when we got to lunch and stopped the car, I felt like it was still moving. Walking in, I felt like I was going to tip over and then off and on throughout the meal, I felt like I couldn't focus my eyes... Got home and tried to nap after putting my son down for his nap and the room was spinning... :(

Ever have positional vertigo? That kind of sounds like what you may be feeling.

Ughh vertigo is the worst!! Runs in my family aparently I suffer bouts of it every 3 to 4 months or so- makes me feel so sick :( Hope you feel better @kelly_c_77 !!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    4.5 hours til holidays start. I don't think the clock can move any slower today!

We are going camping with my 3 brothers and 1 sister and their respective spouses and kids. 10 kids all together. We do it every year. It is lots of fun but I am not gonna lie I am usually ready to come home to some piece and quiet when it is over. It's about a 5 hour drive for me to get there and we are leaving Sunday after I pick Kypton up from the exes.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

You are not alone-
    yl3voixjeint.jpg

Tomorrow?!

Ever have positional vertigo? That kind of sounds like what you may be feeling.

Ughh vertigo is the worst!! Runs in my family aparently I suffer bouts of it every 3 to 4 months or so- makes me feel so sick :( Hope you feel better @kelly_c_77 !!

No, I haven't @crosbylee. @LBuehrle8, is that kind of what it's like for you? What brings it on? I guess I could google. I feel a bit better now..
    @kellienw335, yes he's home for about another hour or so. He actually has a funeral to go to...not the best way to celebrate his birthday... and now he's worried about me. :(
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    To everyone going on vacation...Have fun!! I'm jealous!
    @Susieq_1994, glad you're walking! Have fun grocery shopping.
    @Italian_Buju, come back. I love reading all of your posts! Nobody would ever want to make you feel uncomfortable... :(

Also, I have never seen OITNB...but I feel like I need to..
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 for me vertigo makes me feel off balance- it's kind of a hard feeling to explain. Definitely have some type of the spins when I lay down. My doctor told me stress typically can bring on an episode. For me they usually last about a week. Something about an inbalance of things in your ears is why is happens? Who knows, it's just not a fun feeling you'll get up to walk and feel like you have to hold onto something to keep steady.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Guess who can walk today?! :smiley:

Okay, so it's not exactly walking. I can use my walker or lean on Mr. Susie's arm and walk almost normally for short distances, or I can toddle very, very slowly like a baby just learning to walk by myself for very short distances.

Since I could walk a little, we got to go out to Subway for iftar today! :smiley: Now I'm exhausted, but it was nice to get out, even if just for a meal. :)

Also, I was able to stand long enough to weigh myself today, and I've lost 1.1 kilos! That's almost exactly two pounds on the button. That means that I only have 3.1 kilos left to get my Fitbit! That's 6.8 pounds. :)

Yay!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I BOOKED IT! We're going!! And they'll guarantee it even if we're the only people on it and will run the whole trek privately for us for a small fee, which is amazing. I am so excited! Cannot concentrate at work.

That's wonderful!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 for me vertigo makes me feel off balance- it's kind of a hard feeling to explain. Definitely have some type of the spins when I lay down. My doctor told me stress typically can bring on an episode. For me they usually last about a week. Something about an inbalance of things in your ears is why is happens? Who knows, it's just not a fun feeling you'll get up to walk and feel like you have to hold onto something to keep steady.

That's what it was. I felt like I couldn't get my balance..like I needed to hold on to something so I wouldn't fall over. I didn't even feel comfortable holding my son's hand in the parking lot...like I might pull him down with me if I fell. And my eyes felt all shifty, unable to focus...once we were seated. And the spins so bad once I laid down...as if I had just finished a night of drinking! :( If this goes on for a week, I will go crazy...
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    jjrscott wrote: »
    I didn't count calories yesterday or today (it was starting to feel obsessive). Today I went a bit overboard with a tray from cookout. I ate the fries, most of the vanilla milk shake. I also had a coke.

I had cookout on Wednesday lol! I loooove their barbecue sandwiches!

Hello from page 1227!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Definitely sound like vertigo- they have over the counter stuff you can take but it makes you drowsy so I only take it when I have it and I have no where I need to be. I'm sorry I hope you feel better! :'(
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    This is sort of a confession. I'm not that good with words. I'm not a quick thinker at all. I'm one of those people that thinks of the perfect thing to say 10 minutes after the conversation is over. Sometimes on here I want to comment but can't think of anything useful to say so I just don't comment or I wait for someone else to say what I'm feeling and say "yeah, me too!" Anyway, the other day I was talking to a coworker and she commented on how good I looked, had I lost more weight, yadda, yadda. (which I'm kinda uncomfortable talking about my weight loss) I mumbled something about "ha, I wish" but she has recently lost some weight too and I didn't even think to say anything to her until I walked away. I felt bad. I'm pretty sure she was fishing for a compliment and I completely blew it, I would have given it to her too cause she looks great but sometimes I'm incredibly self centered.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 –yay. I’m glad you can walk again and got to go out for a bit. Congrats on the loss.

@peleroja –I’m so happy that you are able to go on the trip. It sounds like it will be amazing. I’m weird but I would kind of hope to be the only people on the tour haha.

@orangesmartie –Congrats on the weight loss. 67 lbs is AMAZING! Hope things are going ok…

@quiksylver296 –I’m still jealous you are going to the Oregon coast if that makes you feel better.
  • kellienw335
    Options

We are going camping with my 3 brothers and 1 sister and their respective spouses and kids. 10 kids all together. We do it every year. It is lots of fun but I am not gonna lie I am usually ready to come home to some piece and quiet when it is over. It's about a 5 hour drive for me to get there and we are leaving Sunday after I pick Kypton up from the exes.
    That's cool that you and your siblings are so close.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

That's what it was. I felt like I couldn't get my balance..like I needed to hold on to something so I wouldn't fall over. I didn't even feel comfortable holding my son's hand in the parking lot...like I might pull him down with me if I fell. And my eyes felt all shifty, unable to focus...once we were seated. And the spins so bad once I laid down...as if I had just finished a night of drinking! :( If this goes on for a week, I will go crazy...

I have had bouts that only lasted a short time, but it sounds a lot like that.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

That's cool that you and your siblings are so close.

We really are. They all live relatively close to each other and Kypton and I live about 450 miles away from them so it's a big deal for him when he gets to see his cousins. We haven't seen any of them since January!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    This is sort of a confession. I'm not that good with words. I'm not a quick thinker at all. I'm one of those people that thinks of the perfect thing to say 10 minutes after the conversation is over. Sometimes on here I want to comment but can't think of anything useful to say so I just don't comment or I wait for someone else to say what I'm feeling and say "yeah, me too!" Anyway, the other day I was talking to a coworker and she commented on how good I looked, had I lost more weight, yadda, yadda. (which I'm kinda uncomfortable talking about my weight loss) I mumbled something about "ha, I wish" but she has recently lost some weight too and I didn't even think to say anything to her until I walked away. I felt bad. I'm pretty sure she was fishing for a compliment and I completely blew it, I would have given it to her too cause she looks great but sometimes I'm incredibly self centered.

Yea, I'm like that too. :( I never think of the right thing to say until later.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I wanted to tell everyone going on trips soon-HAVE FUN! We will miss you.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Well, now that I'm a little calmer, I think I can update everyone on Raelynn's situation. (( Cliff noting what the doctor said and it's a bit long. ))

-She has been officially and definitely diagnosed with SPD and Anxiety.

-The only treatment for her SPD and (at her age) Anxiety is occupational and behavioral therapy. Unfortunately, we can't afford the therapy, so that can't happen until we get approved for TEFRA (secondary Medicaid for special needs and insurance), but:

-She is being referred to ChildFind (services through the school district), but the county/district we live in is notoriously difficult for getting kids in. We'll have to see what they tell us.

-Doctor also gave us information on some community resources that may be available for us, just depends on if there is anything in Laurens County.

-She scored an 81 on the tests they did yesterday, which puts her right below "average" for her age and development, but the score for "average" runs between an 85-115 (low average-high average) so according to that she's just below which could mean she will be denied TEFRA. Doctor did tell me to be prepared to file an appeal should that happen and she will help us with it.

-She's been having issues with going to sleep for a while now, like fighting sleep and crying at bedtime, and waking up multiple times in a night so we have to start her on melatonin 2 hours before bedtime, because she's so wound up she can't go to sleep (SPD effect). We also have to start her on a fiber regimen, because she has a terrible habit of holding poops (major SPD problem).

-Basically, we have to keep her life as routine and rigid as possible. No potty training, no big changes, just making sure she knows what to expect every day so hopefully it will help alleviate some of her anxiety issues until we can get therapy going. (Needless to say, our plans of "expanding our family" are on hold until further notice since that would obviously be a huge change in her life. Which, if putting that on hold makes her life easier and we can help her, I'm okay with that.)

She's got a long way to go, but we're going to do everything that we can to help her!

I am sorry your daughter suffers with this and your family is going through this things. However, I am glad that she has you because you sound absolutely fabulous as a parent. It seems like there is a lot of love in your household and that is lovely. :)

Thank you! ❤️ I call her my "fooled you" baby! In 2009 when I was 17, I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease, a bulging disc, and there are a lot of pinched nerves in my lower back. I was engaged (to a complete waste of space of a person but I won't get into that) at the time and we wanted to have kids after we married when I turned 18, and the doctor told me that having a child would be too difficult with all my problems and that I didn't need to try. So I just figured I'd never get my dream of being a mom and left it alone for awhile. That fiancé and I broke up a short time later, and the next year I reconnected with my now husband and the month after we married we found out I was pregnant with Raelynn. I did have some issues but I did carry her to term and attempted to deliver naturally until I needed a c-section when Raelynn's heart rate shot up too high. She's the child I shouldn't have had, but God has a wonderful sense of humor. :)

I probably shouldn't be pushing my luck with the idea of another child once Raelynn's SPD and Anxiety issues are under control, but I've always been too stubborn to just walk away from things lol.