Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    It is what it is, Laura. I'll spend the $$ to get answers. I am having a hard time making myself let him go places like he always has. I am making myself do it, but it's hard.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Starting day 4 of #soberdays. I've been wishfully thinking of Bird Dog (cinnamon whiskey) and Diet Dr. Pepper. I have both at my house. It actually concerns me that I find myself thinking of it so longingly. :/
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @quiksylver296 hop out until vacation. Think of your deadlifts.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Starting day 4 of #soberdays. I've been wishfully thinking of Bird Dog (cinnamon whiskey) and Diet Dr. Pepper. I have both at my house. It actually concerns me that I find myself thinking of it so longingly. :/

I feel the same about wine. I'm better when I don't drink at all. I had really lost the taste. Shouldn't have started again.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I feel the same about wine. I'm better when I don't drink at all. I had really lost the taste. Shouldn't have started again.

Yep. Maybe cold turkey forever is the way I need to go.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 5 of #soberdays - still found myself thinking about alcohol last night. :/

Fourteen working days until I go on vacation. It's been a crappy week (ten hour work days, then do all the soccer mom-type stuff). Tonight I have get to go to my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party. I'm so exhausted that I do not want to go, but it's not one of the kind of things you can blow off. At least I'll be driving to it, so I can't drink. I'm gonna sleep in 'til at least 10:00 tomorrow! LOL
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Tami, I <3 you and I hate the stress you are under. I hope you can dump it all in the gym soon.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Tami, I <3 you and I hate the stress you are under. I hope you can dump it all in the gym soon.

Awww, thanks!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @nonoelmo, thanks for the prayers. My son having heart issues is further proof that you and I are long lost sisters. He has racked up over $3k in medical care in less than a month. Most of it has been covered by insurance, but our deductible starts over on 7/1 and he has to wear a 30 day event monitor and have a treadmill test on 7/13.

Good luck to your son!

Does he drink energy drinks? I still remember the time I had a 5 Hr. drink & thought I was going to die from a heart attack! Never again did I drink any of those energy drinks. I find I don't have much of a problem if I have 1-3 Diet Sodas, but I am trying to limit those too.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

You got this Quik & Pof!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day 5 of #soberdays - still found myself thinking about alcohol last night. :/

Fourteen working days until I go on vacation. It's been a crappy week (ten hour work days, then do all the soccer mom-type stuff). Tonight I have get to go to my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party. I'm so exhausted that I do not want to go, but it's not one of the kind of things you can blow off. At least I'll be driving to it, so I can't drink. I'm gonna sleep in 'til at least 10:00 tomorrow! LOL

Enjoy the dinner. Remember 50 years is amazing and should be celebrated. Tomorrow you can sleep. :)

Day 4 #noalcoholtil2017
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day #5 noalcoholtil2017
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @Oberon21 @quiksylver296 @CountessKitteh you are ALL Super Great!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I had three (THREE!) events yesterday (post-bachlorette breakfast for a friend, cousin's post-destination-wedding barbecue, and a two year old's birthday party) and I'm only up two pounds on the scale today, which is totally all water weight.

I also hit the gym this morning, so am already back on track. :)

Great job!! I got discouraged this weekend. Went wedding shopping with my stepdaugther that is getting married. Was well under my calories for the day. I had hit an alltime low on the scale that morning, but the next day, BOOM, up 5lbs. I am officially frustrated.... :|
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo, thanks for the prayers. My son having heart issues is further proof that you and I are long lost sisters. He has racked up over $3k in medical care in less than a month. Most of it has been covered by insurance, but our deductible starts over on 7/1 and he has to wear a 30 day event monitor and have a treadmill test on 7/13.

Good luck to your son!

Does he drink energy drinks? I still remember the time I had a 5 Hr. drink & thought I was going to die from a heart attack! Never again did I drink any of those energy drinks. I find I don't have much of a problem if I have 1-3 Diet Sodas, but I am trying to limit those too.

I do not get any caffeine in my regular diet, so if I am having a really rough day I will use a five hour energy.....the trick is to drink half, and then the other half like 2-3 hours later....

Keep in mind I drink 1-3 of those a year......not something to use all the time by any means!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Oh my gosh. This thread is still going! Epic! I haven't swung by since April last year. I'm proud of you guys.

We refuse to let it die!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly no, my kids don't drink energy drinks because a friend of my daughter's drank two before a football game and dies of sudden cardiac arrest on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game. less than 3 minutes off the clock.

ETA: Every coach at their high school checks bags and confiscates them and benches kids if they are caught drinking them before games. We've lost some important games, but no more athletes will die if it can be prevented.