Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Confession: I had a brownie sundae from Kona Grill for dinner last night.

1. It was amazing!
    2. It was ginormous! (It could have served 4 people, at least. )
    3. Although I didn't make the best choice, I didn't make the worst one, either. At least I didn't try to eat dinner, and THEN that dessert.

I also checked out the drinks menu for a LONG time, but stuck with water. 6 #soberdays!

Great job!

I think today is day 7 #noalcoholtil2017. Traveling again. More challenges to face.

I kinda lost track. I think today is Day 8 of #soberdays for me.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @Talkradio welcome back and Happy Baby! You could catch up, but it would take a while. Two ice cream sandwiches, meh. Put baby in the stroller and walk one off.

I was thinking the same thing. At least it wasn't 2 boxes of ice cream sandwiches. Now, THERE'S a confession!

Haha! True. It's not the worst binge but it was supposed to be my big re-entry to self-controlled eating. I've been eating bags of chips and cartons of ice cream this past month so it really was a scaled back day... small steps.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Badly in need of confessing.

Yesterday I behaved like a Yeti.

You see I had my whole day planned (eating wise that is). well Hubby, the lovely man that he is wanted to take me to this great taco place. Ok I thought I can adjust.

When we got there he walked right up to the counter and starting his never changing meal. The same thing every single time, how does one do that! Any how I was trying to work out what I really wanted and he whispers in my ear there are people are waiting. What I could could have done was to tell the lady at the register to cancel out the order and attend the other costumers. Did I do that? No. I just blurted out my order haphazardly and left mad making my husband to try do decide wether or not I wanted the tortillas or not. I was mad at him for rushing me.

I found a seat and sat down pouting. Hubby wisely sat down and busied himself looking his phone.
    When the food came I was still putting because I had figured I had a whole days worth of fat. I ate the first two bites angrily and I would say without enjoyment as if someone had tasked my to eat an eggplant out of the garden.

I thought why am I eating this way? This is good food why am I not enjoying this. So I slowed down and enjoyed the rest of the meal without talking to him. We were half way home before I said that I did not like being rushed and then said no more. I went straight off to bed and went to sleep. As my diary was I would have had 20 grams of extra fat. I really don't do well when I am very very tired.

When I woke I changed out my food diary to make the fats to be close to my goal certainly a lot less than 20 grams. The tacos were delicious. And I learned that I really miss out when I eat emotionally verses mindfully and tastefully.

My hubby accepted my apology easily. I really made a mountain out of a mole hill.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had a brownie sundae from Kona Grill for dinner last night.

1. It was amazing!
    2. It was ginormous! (It could have served 4 people, at least. )
    3. Although I didn't make the best choice, I didn't make the worst one, either. At least I didn't try to eat dinner, and THEN that dessert.

I also checked out the drinks menu for a LONG time, but stuck with water. 6 #soberdays!

Great job!

I think today is day 7 #noalcoholtil2017. Traveling again. More challenges to face.

I kinda lost track. I think today is Day 8 of #soberdays for me.

happy week of sober days
  • Ipedal4pleasure
    Ipedal4pleasure Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I ate bacon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner yesterday and I am not ashamed. :o)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I ate bacon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner yesterday and I am not ashamed. :o)

Oh, man! I am SO jealous!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

You see I had my whole day planned (eating wise that is). well Hubby, the lovely man that he is wanted to take me to this great taco place. Ok I thought I can adjust.

When we got there he walked right up to the counter and starting his never changing meal. The same thing every single time, how does one do that! Any how I was trying to work out what I really wanted and he whispers in my ear there are people are waiting. What I could could have done was to tell the lady at the register to cancel out the order and attend the other costumers. Did I do that? No. I just blurted out my order haphazardly and left mad making my husband to try do decide wether or not I wanted the tortillas or not. I was mad at him for rushing me.

I found a seat and sat down pouting. Hubby wisely sat down and busied himself looking his phone.
    When the food came I was still putting because I had figured I had a whole days worth of fat. I ate the first two bites angrily and I would say without enjoyment as if someone had tasked my to eat an eggplant out of the garden.

I thought why am I eating this way? This is good food why am I not enjoying this. So I slowed down and enjoyed the rest of the meal without talking to him. We were half way home before I said that I did not like being rushed and then said no more. I went straight off to bed and went to sleep. As my diary was I would have had 20 grams of extra fat. I really don't do well when I am very very tired.

When I woke I changed out my food diary to make the fats to be close to my goal certainly a lot less than 20 grams. The tacos were delicious. And I learned that I really miss out when I eat emotionally verses mindfully and tastefully.

My hubby accepted my apology easily. I really made a mountain out of a mole hill.

@raymax4 Live and learn. Glad your tacos were yummy!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Wendy, I do that all the time and I regret it. The making a mountain out of a molehill. And emotional eating. I snapped rather meanly at someone who was trying to help me yesterday, and it was a general, personality comment that I really regret. I want to try really hard going forward to remember that I shouldn't say things that will hurt people, not even in anger or frustration. Because you always regret it.

Your husband is a sweetie, I am sure he was fine. And one day of tacos isn't going to kill you. <3
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2016
    Options
    oops double quote
  • Oberon21
    Options
    And last random status... I still can't figure out why my newish phone won't sync pictures to my computer. I need to figure this out before leaving for ENGLAND! If I ever get it to work this thread will be a mass of 4 months of pictures.

You know you can share pictures from your phone.

I don't think it works on android...unless they updated it?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Sad fact I forgot my fitbit for my trip to LA. No steps will be tracked for 3 days.

Buy a cheap pedometer. That's what I'd do.

I took a break. Ah well. There were no fitbit challenges the last 2 weeks anyway. I didn't issue them and no one else did either. We all seem to be in a posting/challenge funk.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    And last random status... I still can't figure out why my newish phone won't sync pictures to my computer. I need to figure this out before leaving for ENGLAND! If I ever get it to work this thread will be a mass of 4 months of pictures.

You know you can share pictures from your phone.

I don't think it works on android...unless they updated it?

Nope. Can't share from my Android, either.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So I am sooo stressed about leaving for England, but I am feeling really good now about my trip. Here is potential/firmed up itinerary:

Sat arrive in England
    Sunday Nicci, Ms. Smartie (I assume she is coming!) and I do London
    Monday Nicci and I head to Bath
    Tuesday Stonehenge
    Wed Devon
    Thur London (me solo touristing ... maybe dinner or drinks with Lois and Danny)
    Friday head to Scotland
    Saturday hang out then Saturday night at 10:30 start climbing the mountain
    Sunday rest (descend the mountain on Sunday as well)
    Monday Edinburgh (Nicci returns to London)
    Tuesday 2 hour ride near Edinburgh then sightseeing
    Wed potentially riding again... then sightseeing
    Thursday head back to London (need to figure out how I am getting back to London...thinking flight now)
    Friday 10 am horseback riding in Hyde Park (thanks for that idea Nicci!)/Friday PM back to NJ

I'll take lots of pics!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day 8 #noalcoholtil2017
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sigh. Bored out of my mind on my boss' all hands meeting.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sigh. Bored out of my mind on my boss' all hands meeting.

Bummer! I'm bored, too. I should be putting together a presentation, but I have zero motivation to do so. Here's a photo to entertain you.

11n5ojmzabs2.jpg

Love it! Pre-blue hair!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I can share photos from my android. There is a little camera icon over to the right.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I can share photos from my android. There is a little camera icon over to the right.

I don't have the little camera icon. :frowning: Maybe I need to update my app?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options