Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    i ate a cake peice in the morning and was hesitant about uploading it on the diary

But, you did, right? I have cake or cookies for breakfast sometimes. They go so well with coffee! I just adjust the rest of my day to make it fit.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    goldenday wrote: »
    I used to keep peanut butter and a jar of salted caramel by my bed and mix the two on a tea spoon...

You are an inspiration! Please share where to get jars of good salted caramel

If you're in the UK I bought mine from a large Tesco store:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=276371575

OMG why did you just do this to me? I have a Tesco's visible from my work desk, and I'm 90% sure I've seen it in there. Damn.

Stay away!!!

(or make sure you get one for me too)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Powerlifting training was awesome and I <3 it! I pulled 315 deads for him, and have lots of work to do on my squats and bench. He wants me compete in less than a month!!! So now I need squats shoes (already ordered), knee wraps, and a singlet. Whatever, it's just $$$, right? :#

It's an investment!

This! What shoes did you go with? I'm still holding off on buying the wraps, knee sleeves and singlet. I found out April's comp may be cancelled, we are 10 weeks away and the registration still isn't open so I may be pushed back to July :/
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Tempeh is soaking, we will start the incubation phase tonight so it should be done by Tuesday we think...

So poor Emma on Friday strained her back at some point, we went to the emergency vet that night because she kept yelping as she tried to lay down etc. She is on anti-inflammatory meds and "bed rest" - can I just say trying to get a pit bull/lab mix to lay still is like getting a child hyped up on sugar to sit still. Poor girl is breaking my heart :(
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    I used to keep peanut butter and a jar of salted caramel by my bed and mix the two on a tea spoon...

MaraNatha (expensive, but I find this brand on sale at a discount store) has a Caramel Almond Butter that is amazing!

th?id=OIP.ZUfoesOePcwFYawi85WciQEsEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

I need this stuff in my life!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Powerlifting training was awesome and I <3 it! I pulled 315 deads for him, and have lots of work to do on my squats and bench. He wants me compete in less than a month!!! So now I need squats shoes (already ordered), knee wraps, and a singlet. Whatever, it's just $$$, right? :#

It's an investment!

This! What shoes did you go with? I'm still holding off on buying the wraps, knee sleeves and singlet. I found out April's comp may be cancelled, we are 10 weeks away and the registration still isn't open so I may be pushed back to July :/

I got inov-8s, because I couldn't justify $400 for a pair of Romeleos... :o

i5wlf3qcck27.jpg

Got them for $80. And a Titan singlet, and knee sleeves. I'm gonna need a second job. :#

fc9bnee08ai9.jpg

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

MaraNatha (expensive, but I find this brand on sale at a discount store) has a Caramel Almond Butter that is amazing!

th?id=OIP.ZUfoesOePcwFYawi85WciQEsEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

I need this stuff in my life!

Yes, you do. It is delicious.
  • crosbylee
    Options

It's an investment!

i5wlf3qcck27.jpg

Got them for $80. And a Titan singlet, and knee sleeves. I'm gonna need a second job. :#

fc9bnee08ai9.jpg

Nah, all you need are sponsors!
  • MissKalhan
    Options

It's an investment!

i5wlf3qcck27.jpg

fc9bnee08ai9.jpg

Those are beautiful! I got myself some Adidas powerlift 2.0 a few months back, they help a ton with squat and bench!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

OMG why did you just do this to me? I have a Tesco's visible from my work desk, and I'm 90% sure I've seen it in there. Damn.

Stay away!!!

(or make sure you get one for me too)

Bahaha I'm back on the low-carb, so unless I buy it just to sniff it, I think I'll just leave it on the shelf. :wink:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    This page is the year of my birth! Woo, go me!

I missed page 1986 for mine. I even thought about it when we were on 1985 but then forgot!
  • spamarie
    Options
    Did I read right that a micro house costs $400K? Really?! Does that come with any land? You could buy a decent medium sized house here for that (Northern England, not London obvs), although I think British normal sized might count as small across the pond. I'm always astonished by how big houses are there.

I just calculated my 3 bedroom house is about 1100 square feet and I don't consider it small (3rd bedroom is small). It's cosy but not small.
  • spamarie
    Options
    It wasn't just an inkling, we do have tiny houses compared to some. My house is quite a good size by UK standards (I can believe it). US, Australian and Canadian houses are MASSIVE! It must feel like you're penned in if you ever move here.

An interesting graphic:

http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/how-big-is-a-house
  • crosbylee
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    It wasn't just an inkling, we do have tiny houses compared to some. My house is quite a good size by UK standards (I can believe it). US, Australian and Canadian houses are MASSIVE! It must feel like you're penned in if you ever move here.

An interesting graphic:

Wow, if I remember right, at one time I had a one bedroom apartment that was ~900sq ft to myself. Some of the sizes mentioned in that article for the flats really stunned me. I guess we are just used to having space here.
  • spamarie
    Options
    The smallest place I ever lived was a studio apartment in Paris. It was one room with built-in plastic bubble for the bathroom. The sink was in the shower it was so small. In the main studio there was a wardrobe, a single bed, a desk and chair, a fridge, a sink and two hobs. No oven or even space for a microwave. It was 140 square feet. The rent was 1/2 my salary as an intern but I was able to claim housing benefit to cover most of it. It was only for 6 months, but I would not recommend it! Paris is an expensive place to do a barely paid work placement.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

An interesting graphic:

My 3 bedroom house is 798 sq ft, so smaller than yours. And I didn't pay anything close to 6 figures for it. :wink: It depends on where you are really.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

An interesting graphic:

Wow, if I remember right, at one time I had a one bedroom apartment that was ~900sq ft to myself. Some of the sizes mentioned in that article for the flats really stunned me. I guess we are just used to having space here.

Our 2 bed flat is 600sq ft if that is any comparison. Although there is only the two of us and we use the spare room quite a bit for storage and the computer, exercise bike, hanging laundry etc. I think we would struggle a lot without that spare room.

A studio flat in the same block is just over 300sq ft

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46119225.html
  • spamarie
    Options
    Wow Lois, that costs more than my house did 3 years ago. Admittedly my house needed a LOT of work, but it's a 3 bedroom house with a garden vs. a studio flat. I don't envy your southern property prices! This is why I will never be able to move back to my home town on the Isle of Wight.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Wow Lois, that costs more than my house did 3 years ago. Admittedly my house needed a LOT of work, but it's a 3 bedroom house with a garden vs. a studio flat. I don't envy your southern property prices! This is why I will never be able to move back to my home town on the Isle of Wight.

Ha ha that is the studio flat, not our 2 bed flat. Add another £50,000.
    My lil bro is looking at buying a flat in Sheffield and he can get a 2 bed for £90,000. Our deposit alone was 1/3 of that. His deposit will be £9,000. The north south thing is just crazy.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Did I read right that a micro house costs $400K? Really?! Does that come with any land? You could buy a decent medium sized house here for that (Northern England, not London obvs), although I think British normal sized might count as small across the pond. I'm always astonished by how big houses are there.

I just calculated my 3 bedroom house is about 1100 square feet and I don't consider it small (3rd bedroom is small). It's cosy but not small.

See that's what I want! I just want a small cozy place to live in, I'm not sure on kids as of yet and so getting a little place for us would be perfect for now (or forever, depending on the kids aspect). I may just get a condo instead for now.