Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I think we should do a challenge of some sort today. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Making healthy choices, y'all!
    02svddhve7ug.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I think we should do a challenge of some sort today. Anyone have any suggestions?

No suggestions today, but I will try to come up with one for Monday.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @MoHousdon Monday challenge(s) :

Exercise: 50 bodyweight squats and one extra flight of stairs. (I aim for 5 flights a day, I will do 6.)

Food: eat five servings of fruit/vegetables. If you already do this daily, eat two that you don't usually eat.)

You can do either challenge or both.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    The saga of office dog...

We were alerted to a commotion in the reception area. Office dog was pawing at the front door and this strange blue thing was jumping behind her.

A blue tailed lizard had gotten into the office. She must have captured but it shed its tail to get away and under the door. I never knew the tails kept flopping after being shed.

Princess Harlena - lizard slayer!!!!

That would be really strange. How can it move if it's shed?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I taught our new cat to "roll over" today. I'm so proud of both of us. :D

I loved the video you posted!!!

Thanks! We've watched it a million times! I think it's so funny and she's just so freaking cute!

I'd love to see that. My new cats play fetch. I've never had a cat that does anything like that before. Although their interest in that seems to be waning as they get older. Assassin cat high fives me.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Thanks! We've watched it a million times! I think it's so funny and she's just so freaking cute!

I'd love to see that. My new cats play fetch. I've never had a cat that does anything like that before. Although their interest in that seems to be waning as they get older. Assassin cat high fives me.

It's on my FB!
    Aww, high fives are awesome too! Maybe I'll try to teach her that!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    I'm going in for jury selection AGAIN today. Please pray that I'm not chosen. This has been a huge inconvenience to my whole summer. I'm over it.. 10 more days until my term is done.

I actually WANT to get called for Jury Duty. I am 41 and have NEVER been called!!!

Can I request federal jury duty and get sequestered????

I'm 41 also and had never been called for jury duty until this year. I had renew my license in June and I think that's what got me bumped up on the list. Anyway, my state does it differently than the way friends have said their states do, I had to check the jury website every night to see if I had to go in for selection or just check again the next night waiting for the next instruction. My term was July 17th-August 31st. So basically my whole summer I wasn't able to make any plans until 6pm the night before. Super lame.
    But anyway, today I avoided all 3 of the cases they were selecting for!! And even better, they said my term has officially ended because they have all the juries chosen!!

The only time in my 20s I went I was put on a child molestation case. I'd prefer to avoid that again.

This was my worry..that I'd get a case like that! :angry:

I'd either get that or a case that someone is on trial for murder.

At least the public ancestry databases are catching more savage monsters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/95qvgp/alex_christopher_ewing_named_in_aurora_hammer/
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited August 2018
    Options
    One of my coworkers is wearing one black ballet flat and one black under armor flip flop. There has to be a reason, but I am not asking.

If there's a medical problem that requires the flip flop, the powers that be would let her wear shoes that match. Since she's not, I am presuming that she wants to be able to tell everyone why.

(I know they let you wear matching, not normal dress code shoes because when my ankle was unstable this winter, they let me wear hiking boots every day for two weeks.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers is wearing one black ballet flat and one black under armor flip flop. There has to be a reason, but I am not asking.

If there's a medical problem that requires the flip flop, the powers that be would let her wear shoes that match. Since she's not, I am presuming that she wants to be able to tell everyone why.

(I know they let you wear matching, not normal dress code shoes because when my ankle was unstable this winter, they let me wear hiking boots every day for two weeks.)

I wouldn't ask either. Ugh.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Exercise: 50 bodyweight squats and one extra flight of stairs. (I aim for 5 flights a day, I will do 6.)

Food: eat five servings of fruit/vegetables. If you already do this daily, eat two that you don't usually eat.)

I did weighted squats per my powerlifting program. That works, right?

One extra flight of stairs - easy peasy.

Cherries/sweet potato/potato/carrots/green beans - Whew, made it!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

I wouldn't ask either. Ugh.

Same.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I did weighted squats per my powerlifting program. That works, right?

One extra flight of stairs - easy peasy.

Cherries/sweet potato/potato/carrots/green beans - Whew, made it!

Yes, weighted counts. Next time I will say body weight or more. :).

I haven't finished my stairs yet, but I have done the body weight squats and have had banana, dates, mashed cauliflower, and peas and meatloaf, which I always put tomato sauce and onions in because my kids will eat the vegetables that way.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm stronger now than I have ever been. So why don't I feel like it?

Change big/small to strong/weak...

hzl5hxqmh01b.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    And I got the extra flight of stairs in for the Monday challenge..
  • Oberon21
    Options

It's on my FB!
    Aww, high fives are awesome too! Maybe I'll try to teach her that!

I'll have to go look. I haven't been in social media alot lately.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I was going to try with the 5 portions of fruit and veg, but I got mastitis over the weekend and spent yesterday feeling terrible and only ate pureed fruit and toast!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Omg, you poor thing! Mastitis is THE WORST!!! I got it twice. The second time was right after I finished the antibiotics for the first bout. That was seriously a rough couple of weeks! :(
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    They gave me antibiotics and I hope it helps. Not feeling quite so rough as yesterday, although still shattered, but I've got a lump the size of snooker ball and it is painful!