Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have wasted the rolos either

Confession: I hate Rolos.

I love caramel. The chocolate is incidental.

I love caramel. I love chocolate. Something about Rolos, though, is WRONG! I can't even identify it.

They're ok but they're a bit cheap and nasty tasting. If I'm going to use up calories on chocolate and caramel, I can think of better uses.

I'll still eat them of course. Refusing would involve willpower, something I don't currently have!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

I love caramel. I love chocolate. Something about Rolos, though, is WRONG! I can't even identify it.

They're ok but they're a bit cheap and nasty tasting. If I'm going to use up calories on chocolate and caramel, I can think of better uses.

I'll still eat them of course. Refusing would involve willpower, something I don't currently have!

So can I. I usually buy locally made ones, but I would have eaten the Rolos before I started trying to lose, rather than throw them away. I did do that with a bag of mini white chocolate Reese's when I started in 2013.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I'm going in for jury selection AGAIN today. Please pray that I'm not chosen. This has been a huge inconvenience to my whole summer. I'm over it.. 10 more days until my term is done.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm going in for jury selection AGAIN today. Please pray that I'm not chosen. This has been a huge inconvenience to my whole summer. I'm over it.. 10 more days until my term is done.

Prayers up.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I had my sister cut my hair since she still does a decent job (she hasn't cut hair professionally for a few years). My hair was down to my back & my bangs were growing out (side swept bangs for the most part). I liked the length, but I'm not someone that does much with my hair (usually had it down, a bun, or a simple ponytail) & my bangs were starting to tick me off (get in my face when working).

I had her cut my hair basically to my neck & give me straight across bangs again.

At least everyone at work liked my hair & a younger girl cracked me up. She said I can't believe you didn't tell anyone you were cutting your hair. I guess next time I should get on the work loudspeaker & announce to the whole store.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    On Sunday I had my sister cut my hair since she still does a decent job (she hasn't cut hair professionally for a few years). My hair was down to my back & my bangs were growing out (side swept bangs for the most part). I liked the length, but I'm not someone that does much with my hair (usually had it down, a bun, or a simple ponytail) & my bangs were starting to tick me off (get in my face when working).

I had her cut my hair basically to my neck & give me straight across bangs again.

At least everyone at work liked my hair & a younger girl cracked me up. She said I can't believe you didn't tell anyone you were cutting your hair. I guess next time I should get on the work loudspeaker & announce to the whole store.

I am glad other people like it and you are happy with it. My coworkers would faint dead away if I actually cut my hair. I had Taylor (my daughter's hairdresser) trim an inch off of it in December and that's the only time scissors have touched it in my 12 year old's life. But it's all one length and curly so it's wash and go. I ponytail it pretty often in the summer, too, and it's long enough that I can tie it in a ballerina bun and not use anything to keep it in place.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Sounds cute, @kellyjellybellyjelly!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

:o

I like the big king sized rolo, more caramel! I dont like the minis because not enough caramel :p
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »

Lol - I wish I felt the same, but I could eat a roll of them right now and not think twice!

I like to hold then in my mouth till the chocolate dissolves then chew the caramel.

YES
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

I actually WANT to get called for Jury Duty. I am 41 and have NEVER been called!!!

Can I request federal jury duty and get sequestered????
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

You must have different rolos on that side of the pond.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I also did not know you are to announce that at work.....
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I actually WANT to get called for Jury Duty. I am 41 and have NEVER been called!!!

They don't all get sequestered. I am good friends with one of our federal district court judges. (I would probably be dismissed from fed jury duty because of that.).
    I have been called for county criminal court jury duty 4 times. They let me out in college because the pool was large enough and I could not afford to miss organic chemistry or microbiology classes. And I have been on 2 juries since then, convicted both defendants of multiple charges.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

They don't all get sequestered. I am good friends with one of our federal district court judges. (I would probably be dismissed from fed jury duty because of that.).
    I have been called for county criminal court jury duty 4 times. They let me out in college because the pool was large enough and I could not afford to miss organic chemistry or microbiology classes. And I have been on 2 juries since then, convicted both defendants of multiple charges.

A nice, messy trial is just on my wish list. I guess I'm strange like that.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Your hair sounds cute, Kelly! That's weird that they expected you to announce your haircut!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

You must have different rolos on that side of the pond.....

No, you're just all used to nasty chocolate as standard on that side of the pond. CONTROVERSIAL!

Seriously, I found quite a lot of chocolate a bit gross when I was in the States. Don't know how it's different.

I am a bit intrigued by these giant rolos of yours though!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited August 2018
    Options

A nice, messy trial is just on my wish list. I guess I'm strange like that.

You would have loved the last one. I told the bailiff during a recess that he needed to tell the prosecutor to stop waving that shotgun in my fave or I was going to take it from her. He said "it's not loaded. I checked.". I replied, "it's not that I don't trust you, but every gun is loaded and every gun is off safety and that woman has no muzzle discipline. Fix that." He said, "I like your rules and I will speak to her."

ETA: we put the shotgun weilding defendant in jail for the rest of his life.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I'm 41 also and had never been called for jury duty until this year. I had renew my license in June and I think that's what got me bumped up on the list. Anyway, my state does it differently than the way friends have said their states do, I had to check the jury website every night to see if I had to go in for selection or just check again the next night waiting for the next instruction. My term was July 17th-August 31st. So basically my whole summer I wasn't able to make any plans until 6pm the night before. Super lame.
    But anyway, today I avoided all 3 of the cases they were selecting for!! And even better, they said my term has officially ended because they have all the juries chosen!!

We have to call in Tennessee, but otherwise it works the same.