Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @Beka3695 I am so sorry about your client's son. This week a guy walked into my old dentist's office and *kitten* his wife the week. (There happened to be a good guy with a gun getting his teeth cleaned and he will live to face murder 1 and several lesser charges.) The world is going to heck in a hand basket.

THIS is why I have a permit to carry and firearms training!!! I have 9 rounds to get it right!

I hope they catch whoever did this & bring them to justice!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I am so sorry about your client's son. This week a guy walked into my old dentist's office and *kitten* his wife the week. (There happened to be a good guy with a gun getting his teeth cleaned and he will live to face murder 1 and several lesser charges.) The world is going to heck in a hand basket.

THIS is why I have a permit to carry and firearms training!!! I have 9 rounds to get it right!

I really need to get back into this... But my old job made it hard to go out and train(time wise). So I let myself get rusty. I'd probably be okay in a pinch, but I need to get out on the range more. A lot more. At least it's starting to think of warming up outside!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

Wait... GGWAG got charged with 1st degree murder, for defending someone else's life?!?! Did I misread? That's so messed up!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

Wait... GGWAG got charged with 1st degree murder, for defending someone else's life?!?! Did I misread? That's so messed up!

NO, the husband was charged with 1st degree and the armed citizen was considered a hero. I found a news article :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

I really need to get back into this... But my old job made it hard to go out and train(time wise). So I let myself get rusty. I'd probably be okay in a pinch, but I need to get out on the range more. A lot more. At least it's starting to think of warming up outside!

I don't train like I should. My BIL is the firearms trainer for a metro Atlanta county. We go to his house about once a year and spend the day shooting. When I first met him he was all nice about it. Now he smacks the back of my head, pulls my hips out or kicks my feet if they are in the wrong position. LOL

I am 90% at 60 feet and 50% at 120 feet. Not bad for someone that only shoots once a year.
  • Crafty_camper123
    edited February 2019
    Options

NO, the husband was charged with 1st degree and the armed citizen was considered a hero. I found a news article :)

*whew*

I don't train like I should. My BIL is the firearms trainer for a metro Atlanta county. We go to his house about once a year and spend the day shooting. When I first met him he was all nice about it. Now he smacks the back of my head, pulls my hips out or kicks my feet if they are in the wrong position. LOL

I am 90% at 60 feet and 50% at 120 feet. Not bad for someone that only shoots once a year.

I'm married to a firearms instructor/ competition shooter, so that's kind of nice. I can hear him now... "Uhh, you're flinching. Hold it like this, and move your feet apart a bit more. Remember to lean into it. " We normally just go out on the weekends, But he's usually just training for his next competition or something, so I have a bad habit of staying home. I could seriously just grab my guns & ammo, and just do my thing the next station over. We also have a laser training gun for at home, that I could be working on my form with. I told myself last year after my unfruitful Antelope hunt that I would start training more. (Both home defense, and rifle training) I have the time now, so I have no excuses. I would prefer to wait until the winter winds die down a touch. I have no desire to be outside with 35 degrees, 40mph sustained winds and 70mph gusts... I'd rather it be 25 and snowy, it'd be less cold.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

No, sorry. I was unclear. GGWAG is being being called "The Hero" in media reports. Scumbag wife killer was saved in my ED so that he can stand trial. GGWAG made a single good shot, disarming the murderer and not hitting any bystanders.
  • melissafeagins
    Options

Thanks, Becky!
  • Crafty_camper123
    edited February 2019
    Options

No, sorry. I was unclear. GGWAG is being being called "The Hero" in media reports. Scumbag wife killer was saved in my ED so that he can stand trial. GGWAG made a single good shot, disarming the murderer and not hitting any bystanders.

Oh okay. Thank you! Hope POS Mcwife Killer rots in prison!
  • melissafeagins
    Options

If we had to lose one and save one from this incident, I truly wish it had gone the other way. Unfortunately, we lost a good person...she was a member at my gym.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

I can’t even imagine carrying a gun... like, doing my check in the morning:

Keys
    Purse
    Phone
    Gun :#
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I can’t even imagine carrying a gun... like, doing my check in the morning:

Keys
    Purse
    Phone
    Gun :#

:bigsmile:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

For the English person in the digital room can you explain what GGWAG stands for? I’m so lost right now...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

For the English person in the digital room can you explain what GGWAG stands for? I’m so lost right now...

Good Guy with a Gun
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

If we had to lose one and save one from this incident, I truly wish it had gone the other way. Unfortunately, we lost a good person...she was a member at my gym.

:(

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    But seriously, what are the best bits about having kids? As far as I can tell, they cause you pain, stress and money. I just had a bath and as I’m lying there all I can hear are the 2 boys next door arguing and the mum shouting at them. I’ve been laying in bed before listening to the kid in the flat above have a full blown tantrum in the middle of the night. I listen to stories in the office about someone’s kid has done something, someone spent their whole weekend running her kids and grandkids around. My dad has endless stories (some that he told at my wedding) about how horrible I was as a child. I don’t get it. Why put yourself through it?

Our kids have been the joy of our lives.
    Sure there have been a few rough spots but mostly they have been well worth the effort. I may be one of the lucky ones.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Just received a call from a client. His 18 yo son was found shot twice in the back of the head.

I am sitting at my desk trying not to throw up and fighting back tears.

:(
    How devastating