Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Just received a call from a client. His 18 yo son was found shot twice in the back of the head.

I am sitting at my desk trying not to throw up and fighting back tears.

:(
    How devastating
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    @Beka3695 I am so sorry about your client's son. This week a guy walked into my old dentist's office and *kitten* his wife the week. (There happened to be a good guy with a gun getting his teeth cleaned and he will live to face murder 1 and several lesser charges.) The world is going to heck in a hand basket.

THIS is why I have a permit to carry and firearms training!!! I have 9 rounds to get it right!

I can’t even imagine carrying a gun... like, doing my check in the morning:

Keys
    Purse
    Phone
    Gun :#

PREACH
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    This is worth posting without the spoiler
    xga0xyzm5goy.jpeg

My half is in 3 weeks 5 days

You got this! That medal looks awesome.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I am so sorry about your client's son. This week a guy walked into my old dentist's office and *kitten* his wife the week. (There happened to be a good guy with a gun getting his teeth cleaned and he will live to face murder 1 and several lesser charges.) The world is going to heck in a hand basket.

THIS is why I have a permit to carry and firearms training!!! I have 9 rounds to get it right!

Keys
    Purse
    Phone

After a while you almost feel naked with out it. It gets to be habit.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Keys
    Purse
    Phone

Same. I've never held a gun or seen one close up, other than when a police person had one - and that's rare! Most coppers in the UK don't carry firearms. You can probably guess my stance on gun control but I think we're living in two very different cultures. Who knows what I'd think if I'd grown up in the USA. It seems like utter madness to me.
  • spamarie
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Keys
    Purse
    Phone

After a while you almost feel naked with out it. It gets to be habit.

I don't think I could live in a place where I needed a gun of my own to feel safe.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't need a gun to feel safe. I feel safe almost 100% of the time. The fact I carry a gun does not change that one way or the other.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't need a gun to feel safe. I feel safe almost 100% of the time. The fact I carry a gun does not change that one way or the other.

This. I live in a rural area and am out on my own a lot. When seconds count, the police are 15-20 minutes away. Plus, they're not going to come kill a coyote for me. My kids are big enough to defend themselves from a coyote now, but they weren't always.

P. S. My brother shot a rabid raccoon not too long ago. Life in my rural mountains really is different.
  • spamarie
    Options

This. I live in a rural area and am out on my own a lot. When seconds count, the police are 15-20 minutes away. Plus, they're not going to come kill a coyote for me. My kids are big enough to defend themselves from a coyote now, but they weren't always.

P. S. My brother shot a rabid raccoon not too long ago. Life in my rural mountains really is different.

This I understand, my uncle is a farmer so has guns. We don't have any large predators in the UK so it's not an issue. I suspect they aren't overrun with bears or coyotes in Manhattan either!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    My half is in 3 weeks 5 days

I must have still been exhuausted when I wrote this.... My half is in 17 days.

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    After getting knocked out with that cold, I've been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I have set my alarm to get up early and work out, and just cant bring myself to do it. Too sleepy. I'm not sure if it's because I got out of the habit for a week, or if (even though I feel fine) my body is still recovering a bit. I'm contemplating going back to evening workouts.. But the mornings are just so much more convenient to my schedule. (Provided I can drag my kitten out of bed). I guess I'll have to drag myself out by my hair, and stumble into the gym to get it done, lol.

Edit: I even set one of those alarms that makes you solve puzzles to shut it off... I figured out a loophole to get more snoozes... I gotta get this under control before I get way out of habit. :#
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    After getting knocked out with that cold, I've been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I have set my alarm to get up early and work out, and just cant bring myself to do it. Too sleepy. I'm not sure if it's because I got out of the habit for a week, or if (even though I feel fine) my body is still recovering a bit. I'm contemplating going back to evening workouts.. But the mornings are just so much more convenient to my schedule. (Provided I can drag my kitten out of bed). I guess I'll have to drag myself out by my hair, and stumble into the gym to get it done, lol.

Edit: I even set one of those alarms that makes you solve puzzles to shut it off... I figured out a loophole to get more snoozes... I gotta get this under control before I get way out of habit. :#

I would do the less convenient evening workouts for a few days, then swap back into mornings. I have trouble with getting up early when I have been sick, it is the last sign of recovery that I stop hitting snooze.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

I would do the less convenient evening workouts for a few days, then swap back into mornings. I have trouble with getting up early when I have been sick, it is the last sign of recovery that I stop hitting snooze.

Thanks. That will probably be what I'll do. Just doing something is probably better then the nothing I'm doing now! Maybe I'll get some Yoga in tonight. Before I got that cold, I was waking automatically at like 5:30. So I wasn't snoozing my alarm so bad. But lately.... Man! I feel like I just fell asleep or something. I need that extra hour or I don't feel rested. According to my fitbit, I am in deep sleep at around 4am... I wonder if that has something to do with it??
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    Speaking of sick, holy cannoli I am in pain. My gallstone is trying to move. It's awful. 6/10 pain right now and worse when I move. I had to do a fast stop because someone pulled out in front of me driving today and I cried real tears. I am going to bed, but if I disappear this is why.

(if you noticed me missing from this week's fitbit hustle, it's because I can't imagine stepping much... Or caring.)

OWWIE!! That's no fun, I'm sorry you're in so much pain! :( Will you be getting your gallbladder out, I hope? Either way, I hope it gets better for you soon!
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Speaking of sick, holy cannoli I am in pain. My gallstone is trying to move. It's awful. 6/10 pain right now and worse when I move. I had to do a fast stop because someone pulled out in front of me driving today and I cried real tears. I am going to bed, but if I disappear this is why.

(if you noticed me missing from this week's fitbit hustle, it's because I can't imagine stepping much... Or caring.)

OWWIE!! That's no fun, I'm sorry you're in so much pain! :( Will you be getting your gallbladder out, I hope? Either way, I hope it gets better for you soon!

I have an appointment with my PCP on March 7. I hope she will just refer me for surgery. If it becomes consistently unbearable before then, I will go to the emergency department.
  • Beka3695
    Options

Please get to feeling better!!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options

And how are we not Fitbit friends??😡😡