Replies

• GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good post, as usualy Minimal.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I have and will keep deleting anyone I want to delete. It's not your FL it's mine, you deal with that you want to, as will I.
    Don't want to be mean, but I delete people who make excuses, recently out of the blue I had a friend request from a woman who was fine for a while, but she was very upset that I pointed out that 60% of her calories was from sweets and snacks. and posted half a page of "reasons" from "it was a lot less than she would have eaten before" to "it was a holiday outing and what was she meant to do when her family were all eating worse." I don't have the time to explain all the reasons, so I hit the ban hammer and she was gone.
    If you don't like it, then Rule#5 applies.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have and will keep deleting anyone I want to delete. It's not your FL it's mine, you deal with that you want to, as will I.
    Don't want to be mean, but I delete people who make excuses, recently out of the blue I had a friend request from a woman who was fine for a while, but she was very upset that I pointed out that 60% of her calories was from sweets and snacks. and posted half a page of "reasons" from "it was a lot less than she would have eaten before" to "it was a holiday outing and what was she meant to do when her family were all eating worse." I don't have the time to explain all the reasons, so I hit the ban hammer and she was gone.
    If you don't like it, then Rule#5 applies.

totally agree i delete people for loads of stupid things i need people around me that keep me in the right direction not the ones aiming to be underweight or the ones who log when ever they feel like it i dont even accept half the add's i get due to no message which is says on my profile.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am just on MFP to 1) log my calories in and 2) log my calories out, 3) share and celebrate successes, 4) pick up some great tips and techniques to continue maintaining and improving my fitness level.

I accept any friend invite, but do tend to delete the people who haven't logged in 3 months or more. I have deleted people who post TMI for entertainment purposes that I find offensive.

How and where I am in my fitness journey is unique, and to me, I am here because I don't self regulate my food intake and my activity level well enough to stay in the "healthy range" without MFP. That's why I had to lose 46 pounds in 2012, and why I continue to log and seek ways to improve my fitness level here.

We should ask the moderators to flash the hotline for those who seek professional help for their ED. I am not trained to tell if someone needs that professional help here on an internet forum or PM if they have an ED and to seek help.

That being said, I agree that everyone owns their own indvidual friend's list.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I don't mind "friends" with an ED. But I mind people who don't admit they have a problem. If you're honest and say you're struggling with an ED, that's cool with me. But if people freak out when they eat 600 calories in a day because it's "too much" and try to make it sound like that's totally fine and healthy, I can't deal with that. Neither can I with people that are below their healthy weight and still here to lose. Those people don't need support from strangers on the Internet, they need a professional to help them.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Having had a terrible relationship with food for most of my adult life I have finally found a balance where I can eat whatever foods I like. Having my page full of negative 'I'm so bad, I ate a cookie today' updates is not good for me psychologically. I'm on MFP to surround myself with positive like-minded people with similar goals and who want to be healthy.
  • Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    I've got an ED, I'm honest about it. I don't comment too often about whatever I'm thinking anyway, but I'd like to have 'friends' who are going through the 'get-healthy-stay-healthy' journey (whatever the individual characteristics are) who don't look at my frustrations like their A-bombs and I'm somehow different in a way that makes me on chronic probationary status.

The people I delete are the ones using my feed as an advertisement thread for their awesome new 'I-dont-even-have-a-B.Sc.' weight loss and fitness regime. Either get an infomercial or stfu.

What I really like is having MFP friends who are diverse and whose diaries I can creep to see how the different approaches to health that people take are working out, and what they're actually doing. If anything, it helps me keep down my sandwich cause I go "hey soandso2390542097540 eats more than me and is doing well" and a plethora of other similar ideas that pop into my head and interrupt the disordered voice of mia.

I don't want you to coddle me and I'm not looking for someone to be a BFF and stick with me through the really rough times yo! I have a therapist. I have friend's who I've made tactile contact with. I expect that from them. But I HOPE for people here that will have me and who I will have in return, to just share the fitness and health journey, regardless.

So fat people, thin people, in-between people, EDs, Drug addictions, princesses, whatever, ya'll can hang with me and I'll read ur posts and if you're open to it, I will totes be creeping your diaries to see how people REALLY eat. And Ill be thankful for what you've brought to my experience.