Getting too carried away with the weight loss?

Options

Replies

• SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That's quite a big change in quite a short time, I think people just need to get used to the new you (you look awesome BTW!)
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You look great! It's just because the people you know are used to you being a certain size, and it can take a while for them to adjust. I got together with my fiancé just after he lost a ton of weight, so people who knew him before think he's really skinny now, whereas to me, he's just perfect :-) As long as you stay healthy and you are happy, be healthy and happy :-)
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You look great hun! Job well done. You don't need to lose more weight, you look just fine. But I can imagine your friend seeing before and after and being in somewhat of a shock :wink:.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine. Do you still think you are fat or are you happy with your current weight? Thinking you are fat or overweight when you are thin is body dysmorphia. It doesn't seem that you think you are still overweight and you are maintaining. I would just ignore your friends and keep cycling.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I think you look slim, but not stupidly thin or anorexic!

You've achieved so much, don't listen to those who would like to be thin but won't put the work in - you have proved there is no excuse for their weight problems other than over-eating/under-exercising.

ETA they're also jealous of your cheekbones:wink:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If you make sure they know you aren't trying to lose more then then they might relax a little. Just eat normally, don't talk about diets, stay in your healthy BMI and see a doc to prove you are fine if they do seem really worried. Can't hurt right? Well done!
  • ymysonny
    ymysonny Posts: 1
    Options
    HI, I am a nurse- so medicallyIi think you look a little to thin. Your hair seeems thinner and your eyes are slightly sunken. Just make sure you are taking vitamin supplements, drinking enough water and including healthy fats like olive oil in your diet. if you feel good then forget the comment,s but if you feel tired I would consider gaining about 5kg but continue to eat the healthy foods.
  • Karleh
    Karleh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine. Do you still think you are fat or are you happy with your current weight? Thinking you are fat or overweight when you are thin is body dysmorphia. It doesn't seem that you think you are still overweight and you are maintaining. I would just ignore your friends and keep cycling.

I don't think I am fat, I am quite happy with my current look and just want to maintain it. I get called stick thin and say I am a normal size then get told I have body dysmorphia lol. One of the "friends" who has been insulting me must be about 100kg and 5 foot 7 so I may just start disregarding her comments. She has been using MFP since before me and seems to be gaining so I guess thats where its coming from.

I am glad everyone seems to agree with me, I am not too thin nor do I need to lose anymore and maintaining is the way to go :)

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't actually underweight and just somehow blinded too it.
  • Karleh
    Options
    HI, I am a nurse- so medicallyIi think you look a little to thin. Your hair seeems thinner and your eyes are slightly sunken. Just make sure you are taking vitamin supplements, drinking enough water and including healthy fats like olive oil in your diet. if you feel good then forget the comment,s but if you feel tired I would consider gaining about 5kg but continue to eat the healthy foods.

I was on medicine (azathioprine) that caused hair thinning, since losing weight I have been able to come off that so hopefully my hair will go back to normal. I am also taking supplements etc now :)
  • gingajoy
    gingajoy Posts: 52
    Options
    It does sound like those comments might be coming from a jealous standpoint, but is there anything else that could be triggering them? The fact that you now say you think you look great (and you do) is a good sign to me, as it suggests you've got a good self image. Are you conveying this sense to them too? A warning sign to me would be if you said you had a way to go yet, or that to maintain this weight you are behaving in an unhealthy and extreme way. Are you communicating to people that you feel really happy and healthy, or are they hearing you just talk in negatives, about how much you 'shouldn't' have eaten, or how much you still have to lose? If it's the latter, then caring people might express concern or cajole you into recognising your behaviour. But if they are just making negative comments even when you have stated (and more the point *shown* through your behaviour that you are happy now, then it might be a case of finding new friends and building relationships with people who will suport you fully. Good luck!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you on? I don't think you said yet?
  • Karleh
    Options
    It does sound like those comments might be coming from a jealous standpoint, but is there anything else that could be triggering them? The fact that you now say you think you look great (and you do) is a good sign to me, as it suggests you've got a good self image. Are you conveying this sense to them too? A warning sign to me would be if you said you had a way to go yet, or that to maintain this weight you are behaving in an unhealthy and extreme way. Are you communicating to people that you feel really happy and healthy, or are they hearing you just talk in negatives, about how much you 'shouldn't' have eaten, or how much you still have to lose? If it's the latter, then caring people might express concern or cajole you into recognising your behaviour. But if they are just making negative comments even when you have stated (and more the point *shown* through your behaviour that you are happy now, then it might be a case of finding new friends and building relationships with people who will suport you fully. Good luck!

Hmm good point I suppose I can come across as excessive.. I still meticulously log everything on MFP and whilst it is set to maintain if I go over I will cycle. I don't bother logging if I am having a night out or hungover eating the following day but I guess I do express concern and regret over going over my allowance. I suppose that can make people think I am trying to lose more instead of just stay the same.

Alot of the time I talk about food though is with people saying to me "OMG your eating something decent" and then me getting angry and pointing out how i always eat loads I just burn it off.
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic and know you want to maintain so keep it up
  • Karleh
    Options

MFP is set to 2150, I have about 2500 on most days but will then do a 30 min cycle to even it out.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    oh I forgot to say...If skins is still being made maybe go for a part on it.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

MFP is set to 2150, I have about 2500 on most days but will then do a 30 min cycle to even it out.

dude. I hate you right now.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

hahahaha. on point my brother.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I think perhaps it's the contrast which is taking people aback a bit. Seeing your before and after, you look really hella thin in comparison. Seeing you just as you are now, I would think you are naturally one of those wiry guys like Steve Tyler, but if I'd known you were big before, yeah, I'd probably be a bit concerned, to be honest.
    Give them time. They need to get used to you. If they don't stop, then forget them and move on. As long as you're happy and healthy. And as you say, you're not looking to lose any more.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You have lost a lot of weight but I think you look fine!!
    If you want to put on weight to make YOURSELF happy why not just build up muscle with strength training?? Dont do it to make any1 else happy but yourself though, if you are happy how you look and like you said your in a healthy range stay there !
  • Karleh
    Options

hahahaha. on point my brother.
    Someone else said this to me the other day in person, I think I am a bit too old :P i'm 25 :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!