Getting too carried away with the weight loss?

Options

Replies

• RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be honest. You're definitely skinny, to the point that a lot of women might find you kinda scrawny. But you don't seem unhealthy, it just seems like you nautrally have a smaller build. If I were you I would up my calories and start heavy lifting to get some more muscle, look a little more substantial and less weak

Disagree. The lean look is hot to some. Goes with that little rocker edge you've got going on. Don't sacrifice your health for fashion though. Definitely stabilize your weight around where it is now, keep cycling, and find your maintenance, and I think you'll have that hot skinny punk rock thing going without looking like you are actually on heroine / not sleeping / drinking a 1/2 gallon of vodka per day.
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think you look good! I guess you have to remember that people telling you this are used to seeing you as the larger form of you. So seeing you with those great high cheek bones would make them think otherwise. If you are worried... then there's a concern. But as long as your happy, healthy and no health concerns from a Dr. keep at this size. You look healthy!
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    I get the same aggro even though I am, by choice, 11 lbs heavier than I was in my teens! (I lift weights now, and I didn't then.)

If you're healthy and happy and your BMI is in range - they're wrong. You look fine.

First tell them that you're healthy and worked hard to get where you are, then point out to them that THEY ARE INSULTING YOU. They probably don't mean to and if they realize that they're doing it, they might stop.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I am staying at my current weight, I think I look fine but keep getting loads of ***** comments in work and from "friends" calling me anorexic or that I have body dysmorphia. It is really starting to get me down as I was so proud of what I lost and am so much happier in myself and much more confident, but even my girlfriend has gone from being supportive to now start saying i have lost too much and she preferred me when I was obese so I am starting to think maybe I have gone too far :\

there is a dramatic difference in your face. You do not look anorexic but you also don't look like the same person. That is a big adjustment for people.
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! Good job on losing all that weight!
    I mean if you wanted people to lay off your case, you could try and bulk up a bit, but at the same time, you need to be happy with who you are and not adjust to how other people view you.
    Good job! And good luck with maintaining!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine and you are within a healthy BMI. When people loose alot of weight, they do get comments like "when are you gonna stop loosing weight?" or stuff like that. I know I have in the last year since loosing over 140 pounds. People are used to seeing a person obese and when they loose weight people have a hard time realizing they aren't too thin but they are just so used to seeing that bigger person I feel. Sometimes it is jealously too.
    Great job and keep up the good work. I love to cycle too! I just started about 3 weeks ago and love it!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am staying at my current weight, I think I look fine but keep getting loads of ***** comments in work and from "friends" calling me anorexic or that I have body dysmorphia. It is really starting to get me down as I was so proud of what I lost and am so much happier in myself and much more confident, but even my girlfriend has gone from being supportive to now start saying i have lost too much and she preferred me when I was obese so I am starting to think maybe I have gone too far :\

For some insecurity reasons, some people have problems with changes. it makes them feel uncomfortable and that's the way they cope with it. With time they will adjust ( if they value you)(if not, follow your path without them) and things will get back to normal.

Best thing, is to do what makes you feel good in the healthy range. and you look healthy and thin just fine!
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are being very nice... try to put some muscle on and see what they think then lol.... jealous much! is what I would say
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I think you look good. Congratulations.
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It is terribly rude, and hurtful, for people to say these things to you! You do look very skinny in the clothed pics - but then in the chest pictures you look perfectly healthy. I think maybe these people think you're unhealthy because you have a small build and a narrow face, but your ribs aren't poking out so I think you look healthy enough!

Maybe they are just jealous. And, no offense, but your gf doesn't sound like a very nice person (but if this is a first time offense, I would forgive like you seem to have done).
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, I would call you skinny, but not at all unhealthy. People don't like change and boy did you change. Again I think you look great!
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are being very nice... try to put some muscle on and see what they think then lol.... jealous much! is what I would say

OP should really do this, imagine how insane that would drive the haters!
  • 2ply
    2ply Posts: 6
    Options
    You're looking good! I don't think you should worry. So long as your BMI is OK (and I know it's not the be all and end all, but a rough estimate) I don't think your friends are right. You look just the right weight to me. Well done for losing the weight
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, fantastic job! I'm sure they just aren't used to seeing you this way.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    As long as your BMI is in the healthy range, you're fine. It could be jealously but it could also be the fact that in people's mind, they still "see" the heavier you and haven't been able to consolidate the two images. If you'd always been that weight, they wouldn't think anything of it but it's such a huge visual difference (huge grats on that btw) that it can be hard.

Or it could be jealously but I'm always trying to see the possible good it people. Life is was less depressing that way.
  • paleopin
    paleopin Posts: 47
    Options
    you look awesome! dont let haters get you down! maybe focus on building more muscle now since you don't need to lose weight?
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine...
    however I do have a theory!
    So somewhere between the fat (lack of any better term to use... ) and thin there was a point that in clothes you probably looked more bulky which could have been incorrectly perceived as healthy muscle. So to their brain you have continued and lost muscle whereas you know in reality you have only lost fat... If that made sense at all? :S?

Completely unrelated .....I love the dinosaurs.. and it took me ages to figure out why i recognised the toy thingy in the background of your second pic then I noticed the tag bottom right and realised IKEA! I love ikea....
    x
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am quite happy with my current look and just want to maintain it.

Someone who says this and has a happy smile plus isn't afraid to post a pic in a dinosaur towel just doesn't seem psychologically like someone who would have body dysmorphia. I think people are trying to react to your success.

I also log in meticulously, but FWIW it's because I am on the petite side and I am still trying to figure out how much I can eat to maintain.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Dude you look fine! The changes are probably a little too much for them to take in at once...nice dino towel!:drinker:
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    That dinosaur towel is very fetching!!!
    Seriously, you look good, but I'm not a doctor. Maybe see what the doctor says? :flowerforyou: :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!