My 600 Pound Life?

Options
1313233343537»

Replies

• winker_bean
    winker_bean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the show it is very emotional for me.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I do watch it, it helps keep me motivated and also reminds me where I could have ended up if I didn't change. I also love to see other people's weight loss journeys!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I do watch it, it helps keep me motivated and also reminds me where I could have ended up if I didn't change. I also love to see other people's weight loss journeys!

That pretty much sums it up for me. But there is a huge psychological component to that amount of weight. Most of them don't even leave the house or have a job.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wasn't sure where to put this. I've just finished watching a show about the woman (Mayra) who was over 1100lb and wrongly convicted on killing her nephew by crushing him. Very tragic and it turned out to be the sister, instead, who is now in prison for the crime.

Anyway, Dr Nowzaradan took her on as a patient and she has lost nearly 800lbs and is now mobile again and planning on adopting and taking care of her sister's remaining three children.

She did phenomenally well and actually made Dr N smile. She had an amazing attitude, worked really hard and never gave up. I was happy for her.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where to put this. I've just finished watching a show about the woman (Mayra) who was over 1100lb and wrongly convicted on killing her nephew by crushing him. Very tragic and it turned out to be the sister, instead, who is now in prison for the crime.

Anyway, Dr Nowzaradan took her on as a patient and she has lost nearly 800lbs and is now mobile again and planning on adopting and taking care of her sister's remaining three children.

She did phenomenally well and actually made Dr N smile. She had an amazing attitude, worked really hard and never gave up. I was happy for her.

Just watched this story! Made me cry
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

She confessed to that murder to start with, because she felt her life was already over anyway and did not want her sister to go to prison. It is nice to see her have a new lease on life!
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just watched Joe's story last night. It made me very sad for him. It was powerful as a reminder that we're all on the same spectrum, just at different ends.