Online Dating

Options

Replies

• 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Girl...let's see where should I start...dated a guy for 3-4 months who swore he was divorced and he was in fact married and still living with his wife...umm couple of psychopaths and another lying married guy...a control freak...couple others who wanted me to save them from their marriages and support them financially...I've now given up on online dating.

OMG me too! Where would I start? One took me to taco time and talked on the phone to someone in another language the whole meal. Then grabbed more junk food and tried to come to my room. I drove 400 km for that one because he said he'd show me a great time for coming all that way, nice dinner, play pool, go dancing. Ya right.

The last one grabbed ahold of my boob one hour after we met. I put a stop to that and gave him another chance. By the end of the weekend I had to say "Ya know I think it's about time YOU paid for something!"

My sister said I should write a book about my dating adventures. Maybe I will once I can laugh about it. Not. Laughing. Yet.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    acquilla30 wrote: »
    Lol I have had quite a few. I have met guys with weird fetishes, including dating a black girl as a fetish. one guy wanted to play slave/master in reversal roles; he was the slave I was the master. One guy took me to McDonald's on a date for ice cream and than got angry when I wouldn't go home with him.

OMG I almost fell over. I went out with this guy and when we broke up told me I was an "experiment" because he had never dated a white girl before.
  • findinglssjess
    Options
    Oh and I forgot about the guy who told me my breasts didn't look as big in person.
  • jorodri7
    jorodri7 Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot about the guy who told me my breasts didn't look as big in person.

You need to give a real man like me a chance I would never treat you like that
  • findinglssjess
    Options
    jorodri7 wrote: »

Dude, maybe start with friending me lol
  • jorodri7
    jorodri7 Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

Consider it done
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

hahahahahaha
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    The only interesting men who have contacted me were hackers who screwed up my Match account. Everyone else has said I'm too active for them (I'm 67). I undertand that online dating is the way to go because of our busy lives,l but It's been very disappointing.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh do I have stories! One involves a very sweaty man on our first date who proclaimed his love for me at the end of lunch. It was just lunch lol Now, if I had slept with him I would have totally understood hehehe
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Now, if I had slept with him I would have totally understood hehehe

Want to go on a date? LOL
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Girl...let's see where should I start...dated a guy for 3-4 months who swore he was divorced and he was in fact married and still living with his wife...umm couple of psychopaths and another lying married guy...a control freak...couple others who wanted me to save them from their marriages and support them financially...I've now given up on online dating.

That is so dissappointing. I've pumped up online dating for my sister for soooooo long. She is already very critical of men. If she cant find a decent guy online is there any hope?

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options

seepersaud wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Now, if I had slept with him I would have totally understood hehehe

Want to go on a date? LOL

Lol depends...what's for lunch?
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    Your choice, babe
  • findinglssjess
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

That is so dissappointing. I've pumped up online dating for my sister for soooooo long. She is already very critical of men. If she cant find a decent guy online is there any hope?

She just needs to stay VERY aware and pay attention to red flags...doesn't suck for everyone just me lol

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

Oh there's hope... after reading these posts makes me real happy and feel VERY LUCKY that the one person I connected with was the one. But yeah, from the first time we chatted to the first time we met face to face, took 2 years, and another 2 years to finally move in together... so you know, gotta have patience. :flowerforyou:

To this day we're still together. :heart:
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any terrible dates from online dating - the worst was a guy with horrible breath, but in the grand scheme of things, that's not so bad. The real weirdos were "kind" enough to let me know they were weirdos before we even swapped email addresses. It was pretty easy to screen out the freaks.

All told, I had four face to face dates with guys I met online, and married the last one. We've been together 15 years, married 13.
  • dbanks80
    Options

She just needs to stay VERY aware and pay attention to red flags...doesn't suck for everyone just me lol

LOL! I think it takes patience there is someone out there.
  • dbanks80
    edited February 2015
    Options

Oh there's hope... after reading these posts makes me real happy and feel VERY LUCKY that the one person I connected with was the one. But yeah, from the first time we chatted to the first time we met face to face, took 2 years, and another 2 years to finally move in together... so you know, gotta have patience. :flowerforyou:

To this day we're still together. :heart:

That is good to know. I think that you can meet douche bags anywhere. It's just you have access to more of them online but weeding out the bad ones I am sure eventually there is a good guy. That is what I tell her.

And Congrautlations on finding a great guy!!!!
  • findinglssjess
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    The real weirdos were "kind" enough to let me know they were weirdos before we even swapped email addresses. It was pretty easy to screen out the freaks.

Screen appears to be the key word here.

I'm wondering why more of that doesn't take place.

It seems that potential lovers email back and forth a lot before taking the next step to telephone or face-to-face meeting.

A minor thing like grammar, spelling and punctuation tells a lot.

Talking about an ex would also be a red flag.

Mentioning the pills they take to treat their various psychiatric maladies might be a concern.

Talking about sex or asking about certain parts of a woman's anatomy before the date would put a fella in the no-thanks-after-all category.

Talking about sex or asking about certain parts of a woman's anatomy during the date is deserving of a nice-meeting-you-buh-by while you gather your things and walk out the door moment as well.

Men would act better if women simply wouldn't give them the time of day in response to bad behavior.

100% correct!!
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a 19 year old female. I consider myself attractive, especially when I do my hair and makeup. My body is a work in progress but it's still decent imo. Anyways I made a POF account, and holy crap, WOW. I got SOOOOOO many messages from guys in their 40's-50's+, guys who were over 300 pounds, very unattractive guys, and just complete losers.
    No you don't have to be Brad Pitt, but seriously I'm not attracted to you in the least physically it's not gonna work. The one guy who actually looked dateable on there, well turned out he just wanted a hookup and wanted me to come over that day. Ugh, dude c'mon use tinder for that, you're only 20!! I deleted POF because there wasn't too many guys my age who were actually dateable on there. I still have tinder though but it's hard because most guys just want a hookup...:(