Online Dating

Options

Replies

• lalanie17
    lalanie17 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I never got how guys can pay to be on match and mostly looking for a booty call...why would you pay money to find that when you can find that in a bar or something free!!
  • jorodri7
    jorodri7 Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    lalanie17 wrote: »
    I never got how guys can pay to be on match and mostly looking for a booty call...why would you pay money to find that when you can find that in a bar or something free!!

Because guys are pigs. And we tend to think with the wrong head some of us more than others. Some of us aren't man enough to admit it and correct it.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    lalanie17 wrote: »

THIS!!!

I find it difficult enough to shell out that much money to find a relationship, but just for a booty call? That's what free sites like POF and Tinder are for!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    jorodri7 wrote: »
    Well I'm a 19 year old female. I consider myself attractive, especially when I do my hair and makeup. My body is a work in progress but it's still decent imo. Anyways I made a POF account, and holy crap, WOW. I got SOOOOOO many messages from guys in their 40's-50's+, guys who were over 300 pounds, very unattractive guys, and just complete losers.
    No you don't have to be Brad Pitt, but seriously I'm not attracted to you in the least physically it's not gonna work. The one guy who actually looked dateable on there, well turned out he just wanted a hookup and wanted me to come over that day. Ugh, dude c'mon use tinder for that, you're only 20!! I deleted POF because there wasn't too many guys my age who were actually dateable on there. I still have tinder though but it's hard because most guys just want a hookup...:(
    Well I'm a 19 year old female. I consider myself attractive, especially when I do my hair and makeup. My body is a work in progress but it's still decent imo. Anyways I made a POF account, and holy crap, WOW. I got SOOOOOO many messages from guys in their 40's-50's+, guys who were over 300 pounds, very unattractive guys, and just complete losers.
    No you don't have to be Brad Pitt, but seriously I'm not attracted to you in the least physically it's not gonna work. The one guy who actually looked dateable on there, well turned out he just wanted a hookup and wanted me to come over that day. Ugh, dude c'mon use tinder for that, you're only 20!! I deleted POF because there wasn't too many guys my age who were actually dateable on there. I still have tinder though but it's hard because most guys just want a hookup...:(

I bet I could change your luck!!!!

Gross!! I think you should take your perving elsewhere!

• jorodri7
    Options

Its just a joke. Some people are too sensitive these days, thanks bin laden.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

You have tried to pick up atleast 2 people in this thread, and I was not the only one who pointed it out for one and for 2 Did you seriously just compare me to a man who was responsible for the slaughter and killing of thousands and thousands of people?? WTF is wrong with you?

• gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Shots fired.
  • jorodri7
    Options

You have tried to pick up atleast 2 people in this thread, and I was not the only one who pointed it out for one and for 2 Did you seriously just compare me to a man who was responsible for the slaughter and killing of thousands and thousands of people??

It's a quote from a movie clearly you haven't seen it. Since when was saying I could change your luck a sign of being a perv? You clearly don't know what a perv is so I suggest you stop judging me because who are you to judge me?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    So I have been on almost every single dating website that has ever been created. The ones that are free, the ones that you pay for, the ones that are literally just for hook ups (POF and Tinder) and ones that seem could potentially be for long term (Match) and I seem to find the exact same thing: guys talk to you for about 2 minutes and then it's, can I have your number, can I have your e-mail address, etc. I'm sorry, but I am not giving you my number after exchanging 3 messages (literally 3, over the course of 10 minutes) with you.
    The best though are the guys who jump straight into sexual conversations (POF and Tinder are the best examples, which in my defense, I didn't really know too much about them at first, so I didn't know that's what they were all about), and want nothing more than a hook up.
    I had one guy who told me I had beautiful eyes and a great profile and that I was the type of girl he was looking for (this was on Match.com) and literally within 2 days of e-mailing back and forth, asked me if I liked a guy going down on me and when were we going to have sex.

REALLY??? That conversation was quickly ended and deleted.

I've never had success on POF or okcupid. I didn't even try tinder because I am sure it's completely superficial. Which is cool if that's your thing just know it's not mine. I agree with Verykatie. You get what you put into it. And a paying profile seems to be our best choice. I always tend to never get a response. Which sucks because it tears at your inner confidence. I would accept it if I was creepy but last time I checked saying things like, "hey there how was the weekend"? On a Monday wasn't a creeper like tendency. That's ok though we will find success somewhere haha just have to find the right way about it.

Oh dear.

There are some e-mails that will never get a response...unless I want to practice my stand-up or end up offering unsolicited advice and those include any variation of,
    "How was your weekend?"
    "Hey, you're pretty"
    "Hi. I am emotionally stable, financially secure, and know how to take care of a woman."

To me, that just screams generic and something you sent to dozens of women. It does not make me feel special and part of wooing a woman, is making her feel special.

It also indicates that you read my profile...and found nothing to comment or discuss with me. Which, if after reading my profile you got nothing? Then you wouldn't be able to keep up in person either. Which...can only lead to awkward. Which, I don't mind awkward when it's funny, but that's...the sad type of awkward.

To me, messaging is reserved for people who you think you can find a connection. Similar sense of humor, pastimes, whatever. If you have people in your life already, friends and family, that make you happy and you're a happy person- you don't need to just find 'anyone' who can fill the spot of 'significant other'. Instead, you're using this as an avenue to find someone who can be special to you. Who...when you read their profile and see their picture, you are immediately drawn to send them a note about X, Y or Z because you know they would light up when they see it.

And those connections? Those are the fun ones.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Lets just say that this one date I went on. I started talking about sex and she said read a bible verse. I used to know the exact verse she recalled.
  • jorodri7
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    So I have been on almost every single dating website that has ever been created. The ones that are free, the ones that you pay for, the ones that are literally just for hook ups (POF and Tinder) and ones that seem could potentially be for long term (Match) and I seem to find the exact same thing: guys talk to you for about 2 minutes and then it's, can I have your number, can I have your e-mail address, etc. I'm sorry, but I am not giving you my number after exchanging 3 messages (literally 3, over the course of 10 minutes) with you.
    The best though are the guys who jump straight into sexual conversations (POF and Tinder are the best examples, which in my defense, I didn't really know too much about them at first, so I didn't know that's what they were all about), and want nothing more than a hook up.
    I had one guy who told me I had beautiful eyes and a great profile and that I was the type of girl he was looking for (this was on Match.com) and literally within 2 days of e-mailing back and forth, asked me if I liked a guy going down on me and when were we going to have sex.

REALLY??? That conversation was quickly ended and deleted.

I've never had success on POF or okcupid. I didn't even try tinder because I am sure it's completely superficial. Which is cool if that's your thing just know it's not mine. I agree with Verykatie. You get what you put into it. And a paying profile seems to be our best choice. I always tend to never get a response. Which sucks because it tears at your inner confidence. I would accept it if I was creepy but last time I checked saying things like, "hey there how was the weekend"? On a Monday wasn't a creeper like tendency. That's ok though we will find success somewhere haha just have to find the right way about it.

Oh dear.

There are some e-mails that will never get a response...unless I want to practice my stand-up or end up offering unsolicited advice and those include any variation of,
    "How was your weekend?"
    "Hey, you're pretty"
    "Hi. I am emotionally stable, financially secure, and know how to take care of a woman."

To me, that just screams generic and something you sent to dozens of women. It does not make me feel special and part of wooing a woman, is making her feel special.

It also indicates that you read my profile...and found nothing to comment or discuss with me. Which, if after reading my profile you got nothing? Then you wouldn't be able to keep up in person either. Which...can only lead to awkward. Which, I don't mind awkward when it's funny, but that's...the sad type of awkward.

To me, messaging is reserved for people who you think you can find a connection. Similar sense of humor, pastimes, whatever. If you have people in your life already, friends and family, that make you happy and you're a happy person- you don't need to just find 'anyone' who can fill the spot of 'significant other'. Instead, you're using this as an avenue to find someone who can be special to you. Who...when you read their profile and see their picture, you are immediately drawn to send them a note about X, Y or Z because you know they would light up when they see it.

And those connections? Those are the fun ones.

Well thank you for that. You see I always knew that but just needed to hear it some from someone else. Appreciate the help.
  • Belle8312
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Lets just say that this one date I went on. I started talking about sex and she said read a bible verse. I used to know the exact verse she recalled.

That's hilarious!
  • yopeeps025
    Options

That's hilarious!

It gets better so when I finally broke up with her she wanted to see a marriage and family therapist at her church. I could not believe that.

• Belle8312
    Options
    Can I just ask why it seems like every guy on every dating site tends to put their interests as "camping, hiking, anything outdoors". Really? I have A LOT of male friends and there are only a few that like that enough to put it down as an interest. Now sports and shooting? (I am prior military after all, and so are a lot of my friends) But camping and hiking? When did this become so popular? Or am I completely out of it?
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Can I just ask why it seems like every guy on every dating site tends to put their interests as "camping, hiking, anything outdoors". Really? I have A LOT of male friends and there are only a few that like that enough to put it down as an interest. Now sports and shooting? (I am prior military after all, and so are a lot of my friends) But camping and hiking? When did this become so popular? Or am I completely out of it?

I know that I do not have those as hobbies. camping and hiking nope not a fan of that. I surprise you didn't say like long walks on a beach .
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask why it seems like every guy on every dating site tends to put their interests as "camping, hiking, anything outdoors". Really?

If I put down "playing checkers with grandma while drinking milk and cookies on a Friday night rager" as my interest, would that be sexier?

• gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask why it seems like every guy on every dating site tends to put their interests as "camping, hiking, anything outdoors". Really?

If I put down "playing checkers with grandma while drinking milk and cookies on a Friday night rager" as my interest, would that be sexier?

So true haha. Mine would be something like "love being a homebody at times, working out, sleeping".. Real winner here.

• Belle8312
    Options

I know that I do not have those as hobbies. camping and hiking nope not a fan of that. I surprise you didn't say like long walks on a beach .

I don't like long walks on the beach, I grew up at the beach....been there, done that.

Not saying it has to be a sexy interest or anything like that, I was just saying that it's odd to me that the majority of guys have put that on there.
    And there is nothing wrong with hanging out with Grandma. I think people who have a good relationship with their grandparents is a good thing.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    There was a guy that looked decent in his profile pic. It was of his facial features only. When I showed up this dude seriously weighed like 400+ pounds. I don't know who his photographer is, but I need to hire that person because they are a miracle worker.

I remember thinking "Appearance isn't everything, I'll have a couple beers and enjoy the conversation before I leave."

Then he told me "I wasn't expecting you to show up in clothing that looked like draperies."

Are you freaking kidding me?

It's called gauchos and a peasant top (which was in style at the time). At least I didn't have a completely misleading profile pic!

We had two beers and left.

Later he texted and texted and texted and I never replied.

Eventually he was texting "If I did something wrong just tell me!"

Nah.
  • Belle8312
    Options
    There was a guy that looked decent in his profile pic. It was of his facial features only. When I showed up this dude seriously weighed like 400+ pounds. I don't know who his photographer is, but I need to hire that person because they are a miracle worker.

I remember thinking "Appearance isn't everything, I'll have a couple beers and enjoy the conversation before I leave."

Then he told me "I wasn't expecting you to show up in clothing that looked like draperies."

Are you freaking kidding me?

It's called gauchos and a peasant top (which was in style at the time). At least I didn't have a completely misleading profile pic!

We had two beers and left.

Later he texted and texted and texted and I never replied.

Eventually he was texting "If I did something wrong just tell me!"

Nah.

LOL! I posted this earlier, but I read on some guys profile "if you show up not looking like your profile picture, I am going to drink until you do. Then you're going to pick up the tab." Awesome response!