What is the worst thing about being fat?

Options

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Being tired all the time!!
  • Joelley1007
    Joelley1007 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also don't like to be naked in front of my boyfriend. Lights have to be off. I can't just walk around naked Bc I am so embarrassed :(.
  • Yourebeautiful2day
    Options
    - That feeling of dread just before you go to sit in a restaurant booth. quote]

This is the one I really hate. There's nothing more humiliating than having to squeeze into a booth or having to push the table away from you (if it moves) to make room for yourself. It's also horrible to request a table instead of a booth because most times the table are in the center of the room where it feels like you're on display.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Pain and health concerns
    Not being able to keep up or people having to slow down
    Not being able to do normal things easily
    Not fitting clothes you have or difficulty shopping for clothes you like that fit
    Snoring... Really embarrasingly loud snoring. I've been told that it is getting better since I've lost some weight.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Not being able to fit into cute cheap Asian clothes... or cute clothes in general. Being a lot bigger than my older sister. Seeing girls my age (19) who look gorgeous in anything. Being an obese 18-year-old sucked too, especially being weighed at the doctors. I was back into the overweight category by the time I turned 19 though :smile:
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I felt unfeminine. And that anything I tried to do to be feminine was a farce since I wasn't accentuating femininity, I was tacking on feminine-seeming things on a massive unfeminine body. Which made me feel stupid.

I feel more feminine the smaller I get.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Photos, underwear being too tight around the tops of my legs (no matter if I go up a size), and thighs rubbing together which makes shorts roll up.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I think, apart from possibly having an obesity-related disease, the worst thing is missing out on so many joys of daily life and often not even knowing it. I can live with my ugly photos because they're just photos. The part where I suddenly discovered I couldn't keep up with my kid in a game of tag for 2 minutes is the really sad one for me.
  • veganstarchivore
    veganstarchivore Posts: 12
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Being alone and not having anyone want to be close to you. I got divorced a long time ago and have been trying to lose weight, but haven't had a date since. I am clean, try to look decent when I leave the house but people look like they're going to puke when they look at me. I'm so lonely. I have no friends or partner. :(
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    For me, I just hated being so much bigger than my husband. He is naturally thin, so I just looked like a fat blob next to him. And my kids are average height, but quite thin, and I always had to say "Well , they get it from their dad" " They take after their Daddy!". I want people to think that they could have gotten their thinness from me. Stupid really
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn shorts, a bathing suit, or tank tops in a decade.
    I'll wear a sweater over my short-sleeved shirts, even in the summer ("oh, I'm just always cold").
    I avoid pictures.
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Options
    Ok this might be silly, but it's how the fat of my stomach makes it hard to do things. Like clip and paint my toesnails, or when I'm driving in the car and my stomach goes over my pants and seat belt. And the fact that when I spoon with my fiance, I can't stand him putting his arm around my waist. Just makes me squirm just thinking of that.

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've never really been "fat" but the things I notice the most when I put on some weight are the love handles. I HATE them. And no matter what you do, they are still there, hanging over your pants. And bra bulge, even when the bra fits.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The way I stopped taking care of myself or caring about the way I looked because I thought I didn't deserve it. Now that I'm taking positive action I had a manicure today and it felt great!
  • roystonmcgee
    roystonmcgee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    People's comments:

"Alright, Slim?"
    "Christ! You're fat!"
    "Are you pregnant or something?"
    "Sweating a bit aren't you, mate?"
    "I swear you're getting wider"
    "Jesus! What have you been eating?!"

Those are just some from family and colleagues.

I guess I should use it as motivation but really it just depresses me.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hard to have good sex when we're both obese. Although I have lost enough where it's a little easier for me. :wink: Hubby isn't trying but he has still lost some. I also don't like the lights on but... I cave for him.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Being alone and not having anyone want to be close to you. I got divorced a long time ago and have been trying to lose weight, but haven't had a date since. I am clean, try to look decent when I leave the house but people look like they're going to puke when they look at me. I'm so lonely. I have no friends or partner. :(

Reading this makes me so very sad. I am quite sure that nobody feels that way about you in reality. Perhaps you should seek help? You deserve to be happy again, and whatever it takes to nurture your body and soul, do it. Some form of counseling perhaps to help you work through those feelings? You don't have to suffer in silence.

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Pain. The more I weigh, the more things hurt, to the point I just start to accept them as normal. That's not ok.

Ah - I had forgotten about this. My feet used to HURT. All. The. Time. And waking up and using them first thing in the morning.... ouch. I hobbled to where ever I needed to get to for the first couple of steps. Now I can run (7 miles today), hike, play, whatever, and the feet give me no trouble. :)
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    For me, it's photos. That's one of the main things that got me here in the first place. An extremely embarrassing photo of me was taken and put up on Facebook. I am closer to the camera (plus all of my friends are skinny), and I look two to three times larger than everyone else.

Yes, photos is a big one.

"Outgrowing" clothes that you love, feeling judged when out in public, having no energy which makes doing anything such a chore, self-loathing.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Hate pics.. Never in a picture, I'm always the picture taker. Our daughter is getting married in 4 months and I don't want to be embarrassed to have my photo taken.
  • stif9
    stif9 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The worst part is thinking about it.
    Get out of your head first and you will realise that you are much more than your body.
    If you do that it will be much easier to go on the path of a healthy body.
    Learn to enjoy the journey and the goal will come.