What is the worst thing about being fat?

Replies

• peaberry20
    peaberry20 Posts: 11 Member
    It sucked having two kids and being overweight as it left me with so little energy and I was winded just chasing after my toddler. Also, the feeling of a bra cutting into your flesh and clothes all looking like crap was pretty awful. Finally, people do treat you differently when you're fat - that's something inescapable I feel.
  • PeachyFit
    PeachyFit Posts: 13 Member
    Missing that feeling of comfort in my own skin that comes with being thin and fit. Instead, feeling awkward and unhealthy.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    The biggest thing I hated about being obese was the constant knee pain. I was in pain 24/7 and in high school I couldn't even walk up the stairs to get to my classes. I carried most of my weight in my hips and because I was obese for so long I have actually changed my leg shape. My knees began to buckle in under the weight. I still have permanent damage to my joints, but I am able to active and pain free for the most part now.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    lwynd002 wrote: »
    Thighs rubbing together.
    Put a pair of pants on today only to realize there's a hole from the friction of my thighs rubbing. :/
    that double chin that makes it uncomfortable to lay down.

That is how I found out that Tommy Hilfiger outlet clothes are made from cheap fabric. I had bought two pairs of jeans and my thighs ate through them in a couple months.

• I went on a flight in Nov'13 and had to ask for an extension on the seat belt....I have not looked back since
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Thighs rubbing together.
    Put a pair of pants on today only to realize there's a hole from the friction of my thighs rubbing. :/
    that double chin that makes it uncomfortable to lay down.

That is how I found out that Tommy Hilfiger outlet clothes are made from cheap fabric. I had bought two pairs of jeans and my thighs ate through them in a couple months.

The frakkin thigh holes! My god I despise them so much! Cannot wait for the day when that is no longer a concern!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Knowing that it's all my fault. Nobody forced those 4 Little Debbie snack cakes down my throat. Nobody force fed me those Double Whoppers. I made the choice, I have to live with the consequences.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Barely fitting in a roller coaster seat when other people are waiting in line behind you and just staring. Man that sucked lol. Way past me now.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    When I wear a dress, I need to wear spandex shorts under so that my thighs don't rub together. Otherwise, it gets SO irritated I simply can't endure it. Can't wait to be lean again so I don't have this problem!

Other then that though, I would say the worst thing is feeling ugly no matter what I wear, so I'm not confident enough to WANT to go out. I just hated looking at myself, and didn't want anybody else to look at me neither.

PS. I don't hate myself anymore :) I did before I started this weight loss though. Now, I might not be where I want to be yet, but I started accepting myself and loving myself enough to better myself everyday!
  • Looking in the mirror
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    PeachyFit wrote: »
    Missing that feeling of comfort in my own skin that comes with being thin and fit. Instead, feeling awkward and unhealthy.
    and also feeling that I had no right to talk about health related topics because I was fat so...well, I can't actually explain why, but I just felt I couldn't.

• Always feeling like the ugly friend.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    I used to hate sweating while I ate.
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Aching knees and hips, which makes going for long walks a lot less pleasant than it should be. I still do them but it slows me down a bit.

Also, only having five 'going out' outfits that still look halfway decent. Even I'm sick of seeing me in my clothes and I don't have to look at me in them. It doesn't help that I go out most weekend nights and that it's normally to the same place. I feel like people are thinking 'Oh, she's wearing that AGAIN'.
  • flightybird
    flightybird Posts: 32 Member
    No family photos because just thinking about seeing myself in them makes me burst into tears. Shopping for clothing is an expensive nightmare. Feeling unsexy & unfeminine. Feeling like any time someone compliments me, it's out of pity.

Also, one thing that upsets me now, about being fat, is that, although I count my calories, eat pretty healthy (save for a little bit of naughtiness I fit into my calories available for the day here and there), and exercise, I still get judged and treated like I must be the laziest human being on the planet, who sits and binges on McD's all day. Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I'm not trying to change it!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Thighs rubbing together.
    /quote]

Oh my god. Years ago, I was in Paris. We only had one full day in Paris. We walked for MILES. By the time we got back to the hotel, my thighs were bleeding and I was shaking. I staggered back out for the night stuff, but it really soured the experience.
  • queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Can't fit into old clothes, can't run as efficiently as before, getting tired easily, feeling depress and unhealthy..
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Being alone and not having anyone want to be close to you. I got divorced a long time ago and have been trying to lose weight, but haven't had a date since. I am clean, try to look decent when I leave the house but people look like they're going to puke when they look at me. I'm so lonely. I have no friends or partner. :(

I'm sure nobody really feels that way when they see you; being overweight has a huge impact on your self-esteem and it's all too easy to project your negative feelings about your appearance onto someone else.

I bet you have loads of attractive features that you don't see because you're too busy hating your body; we've all been there. People think I'm confident and outgoing because that's the impression I've always given out. I'm not, but you wouldn't know from meeting me that I'm a mess of insecurity and self-hatred. I have no partner either but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm working on my self image, both physically and mentally, then I will think about finding someone who deserves me, instead of just settling for someone who will have me :smile:

• qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Knowing that I did this to myself. It's no one's fault but my own. That has been the hardest pill for me to swallow.