mamas0811 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    some of you may need to seek professional help

Hha! R u offering? :huh:

Lmao! Ya are you? :laugh:
  • meramirez2012
    meramirez2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yep. but then again i was raised to view my body differently than many other american women. i was taught to celebrate my body and be grateful for what it can do. i might be mistaken but i think in general caribbeans are taught to think they are beautiful no matter what they look like. :smile:

I like this!
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    No as some days I go lookin good big d then other days I see myself and go ugghhhh what the **** so no I think never
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yes, very happy. But that doesn't mean I can't try to squeak out everything I can from it. But that is far more about curiosity and seeing what I can accomplish than it is unhappiness of my current state.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Never...I just always want to improve and get better but as I get older it seems its twice as hard to get there. Most say I am crazy with this part of my life and they are probably right. CHICKY POT PIE :)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    some of you may need to seek professional help

Hha! R u offering? :huh:

Lmao! Ya are you? :laugh:

tumblr_m87wfrDx7n1qgz9tno5_250.gif

Um...that would be NO...:happy:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    will you ever be happy with your body?

Funny you should ask this cuz it was on my mind this weekend. I was surfing around some adult videos (I know, shame on me) and I noticed the multitudes of variety in body shapes, sizes, and what not. It got me thinking again about what we all talk about but maybe never really understand, and that is body confidence. I am NOT saying people in adult movies have all kinds of confidence here, but the general though I had, or question I thought of is, why I wanted a better body? Why do I have this shape, size, condition in my head? Is there a level there a level of comfort I should already have, or do I conitnually look to be "better"?

I suppose, for me, I like to think more in terms of conditioning - how my body performs while playing sports - more than how I look. Part of my own realization is that, well...I am gettting older and I probably will never get to that ideal fitness I have in my mind...but that really doesn't stop me from trying.

So I temper my goals with a fine dose of reality. And while I conitnue to strive to be better, I am also trying to learn to 'like' my body now.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    i'm actually learning to finally come to terms with mine. Over the last 2 years i've brought my weight down from the highest of 201 lbs. I still have approx 20 more to go, but since coming on MFP over a year ago now, i've read a LOT of posts on learning to accept what you were born with cause it's gotta get you to the end no matter what you think of it. I've been fat, i've been skinny. I've been at the top of the world and in the gutter. I've had everything and i've lost everything. My body is pretty much the only thing in this world that is truly mine and i'm learning to be happy with it and start building on it and investing time and energy into it. To the point where I can be really proud of it....finally.
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bodies are like houses. There is always something to work on. I think that's our biggest downfall. I know I won't be happy once I reach my goal. I'll always find something to do or tone.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I won't be happy....I know I won't...I've got at least a good 5 years of work before I'll probably be "ok" with myself. I just hope I can keep it good for 5 years and not get injured, sidelining my goals.
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    No I'm definitely not happy with it now, because I know it could be SO much better. Will I happy with it in the future? I don't know, but I'm hoping for the best. :bigsmile:
  • McMeggers
    McMeggers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    this is probably the one thing ive struggled with my ENTIRE life . how do you suddenly develop self esteem when you cant ever rember a time having it? i mean sure theres things im proud of and im happy that im losing but thats not enough to actually like or be satisfied with my body. it has far more work to do,
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'm already happy with my body. Is it perfect? Far from it. But considering where I was and how hard I've worked to get this far, I'm proud of it.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    im happy with I see now..but still look forward for the better one to come.
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am happy with my body. I can get happier :)

Not sure that I will completely and absolutely satisfied.

Time changes the way your body responds to different workout.
    We're never the same from day to day.

I know that I can get better and that I will get better.

The keys include focused effort, concentration and forgiveness. We're not always perfect!
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I might be, but I never have been yet. i've gone through periods where i'm happy with my body in clothes, and single days or hours where I'm happy with it in a bikini or something, but never consistently happy in both. Losing weight didn't make me happy with my body like I thought it would, because the shape still wasn't what I wanted and first I was "skinny fat" now I've been lifting and eating 30 30 20 diet and I have been happier than ever, I look healthy and thin, not just thin, but not like skinny, athletic, and no longer flabby, I'm now pretty much happy with my arms, legs, face, shoulders, boobs, everything except my torso, I want to "tone" (yes I used the word) my stomach and back more so I don't have any flab on my stomach and don't have that back crease thing.
    If I can obtain those 2 things then I honestly do think I will be happy with my body, but I don't know if I can acheive it to the extent that I would want
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I happy now ,but in the end it will give me more self confidence as it already has Im not at my goal weight yet but getting closer I have come to the conclusion some thing's about my body will never be the same ,I have had 2 daughters in less than 2 yrs and my body has tiger stripes I'm fine with it. I have come to terms with the fact that my body will never be the same but I'm not accepting that it can't be awesome too.

For me its about my health and my stripes are my badge of honor I wouldn't trade my daughters to have no stretch marks and weigh less.

I was happy when I weighed less and when I weigh more , my happiness is not dependent on my weight ,there s more to my life than the way I look.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've got stripes too, so what, makes me a tiger, GRRRRRR!

This made me laugh really out loud! I will have to remember this for when (not if!) I get to where I want to be!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Probably never.