LOST 191 LBS (PHOTOS) – SUCCESS AFTER 999 FAILURES

Options

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    As some people know, I weigh myself daily and “record” my weight once a week. Today I am breaking that self-imposed rule because I weighed myself and found I knocked off that last 2 pounds!

I celebrated by burning 445 calories doing 80 minutes of cardio exercises and then making a “Fun” breakfast! (Ok – a little corny).

Next on the agenda – a warm getaway I booked last summer (while still hovering around 300) tied to my weight-loss target.

Weight%20Virg_1_scale%20only_zpsmrifrzbr.jpg

20150211_093433_breakfast_1%20calories_zpsgederioh.jpg

73641431.png
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    way to go!!! awesome job!!!
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing and inspiring work! Thanks for sharing!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing. Congratulations!
  • ich_ashalyn
    ich_ashalyn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I love seeing that age should never be a factor in getting healthy!
  • evitamac
    evitamac Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Good for you!!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME
  • Kamali2015
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Congratulations on your success! I need to lose 107 lbs and it is very inspiring to read your story, thank you for sharing!
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Wow, just amazing!
  • LauraPa1mer
    LauraPa1mer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You look incredible and thank you so much for sharing!! I also love the photos you have included of your meals. They all look delicious and that's such a great idea!
  • angex3333
    angex3333 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You look amazing. Thankyou for the inspiration :)
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing, and I love how creative you are with your meals. Awesome!
  • marvy1_nyc
    marvy1_nyc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Amazing results. Your food pics look so yummy.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great success story. Congrats on getting healthy.
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Well done!! You look incredible and thank you so much for sharing!! I also love the photos you have included of your meals. They all look delicious and that's such a great idea!

Much thanks to you and others that commented. Very kind.

Technically at maintenance, but playing it conservatively and increased my daily target so it still is set at a small weekly loss.

This morning with temps at (-)30 windchill, the gym entrance door with its icy covering seemed to be saying – go home…but instead, I burned 412 calories doing 75 minutes of cardio exercises…then a nice low calorie breakfast!

PF%20weather_icy%20doors_zpsmk3mapb3.jpg

20150215_093828_breakfast%20calories_zpsribxede2.jpg

73641431.png
  • somaliris
    somaliris Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an amazing, motivational transformation. It seems like you've succeeded in making a true lifestyle and outlook change instead of just a mere weight-loss diet.

Have you ever considered starting a healthy eating/recipe blog? What I loved seeing about your meal pictures (besides the fact that they are well-composed and shot) is that they manage to look appetizing, have a lot of variety, and yet seem be simple and not require intensive prep or difficult-to-find ingredients. I love to cook, but I've noticed that many weight loss meal recipes tend to either be too prep-intensive to do every day, or they just seem bland and repetitive. I know I tend to have the same "yogurt from the carton and piece of fruit on the way to work" every morning. It seems like putting a little effort into making beautiful, healthful, diverse meals like you've shown would prevent the burn-out and boredom a lot of us experience that leads to binging.
  • NikonPal
    Options
    somaliris wrote: »
    Congratulations! That's an amazing, motivational transformation. It seems like you've succeeded in making a true lifestyle and outlook change instead of just a mere weight-loss diet.

Have you ever considered starting a healthy eating/recipe blog? What I loved seeing about your meal pictures (besides the fact that they are well-composed and shot) is that they manage to look appetizing, have a lot of variety, and yet seem be simple and not require intensive prep or difficult-to-find ingredients. I love to cook, but I've noticed that many weight loss meal recipes tend to either be too prep-intensive to do every day, or they just seem bland and repetitive. I know I tend to have the same "yogurt from the carton and piece of fruit on the way to work" every morning. It seems like putting a little effort into making beautiful, healthful, diverse meals like you've shown would prevent the burn-out and boredom a lot of us experience that leads to binging.

You and my wife may have just convinced me to do that – She has told me repeatedly to put everything together into one book/blog whatever – I’m taking a little vacation celebration soon & then I might just take that task on.

The approach I took was exactly with the end-goals you stated. As far back as when I started in 2013 – that is how I prepared my meals. I focused on nutrition, low calories, variety, appearance, easy to prep etc. and avoidance of boredom. It was an extremely important part of my program!

This morning breakfast was very simple and I still kept it super low-calorie; I banked those calories for the afternoon / evening.

Best wishes.

20150215_093828_breakfast%20calories_zpsribxede2.jpg

73641431.png
  • Pink_Tink
    Pink_Tink Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! :) x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!